Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: very close............  (Read 3241 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
very close............
« on: 18 August 2013, 22:50:13 »

chrisgixer

Re: very close............
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2013, 22:53:17 »

Close? Not really, IMO.

???

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2013, 23:04:56 »

:o :o She wasn't going to stop for no one was she  :(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2013, 23:10:16 »

Close? Not really, IMO.

???

I'm with chris, she is clearly not taking enough care but that could have been closer :y

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2013, 23:27:24 »

Close? Not really, IMO.

???

I'm with chris, she is clearly not taking enough care but that could have been closer :y
true but @ 1.06 after she passes the mobil crane a grey cab is very close.

weird road markings,does  anyone recognise the location in London
« Last Edit: 18 August 2013, 23:33:40 by 78bex »

dbdb

• west london
  • Tramlining,Trade Club,WIM,my time racing,Linux etc
    • f/l elite 2.6 V6 manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2013, 00:00:23 »

What is interesting is that she got through London faster than a motorbike ;D

bigboykarl

• barnsley/london.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 August 2013, 08:10:29 »

Close? Not really, IMO.

???

true but @ 1.06 after she passes the mobil crane a grey cab is very close.

weird road markings,does  anyone recognise the location in London
i would say exhibition road junc cromwell rd

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2013, 08:35:21 »

Not that close but still an idiot.  I wish the police would take more cyclists like that to task.  If they did and fewer cyclists did crap like that then we may start to find some sort of harmony between cyclists and motorists.  Hopefully these new powers for the police could see the start of it.

belldarr

« Reply #8 on: 19 August 2013, 08:38:07 »

Sadly I see people like her on the road most days - in cars, vans, trucks as well as cyclists, all caught up in what they are doing at that particular point and the rest of us that are driving with due care and attention are merely objects to go round by whatever means possible.  It's a selfish society we live in.

Darren

chrisgixer

« Reply #9 on: 19 August 2013, 10:20:33 »

Not that close but still an idiot.  I wish the police would take more cyclists like that to task.  If they did and fewer cyclists did crap like that then we may start to find some sort of harmony between cyclists and motorists.  Hopefully these new powers for the police could see the start of it.

Mmmm, not so sure tbh. Yes they should obay the rules, but I don't think its wise to channel cyclists down the same funnel at the same time by making them, stop at each traffic light or whatever, along side all the other traffic on the same route.

As we saw there she was actually passed all the melay at the junctions and on her way by the time the motorbike cought up with her, there by keing out of the way of traffic on her route.

If cyclists can cross ,as a pedestrian would if there is no traffic at a red light, I think they should be aloud to do so.

I mean it's no different to a pedestrian taking a chance by crossing on a red man. No?

Until cyclists have a number plate and insurance they are just pedestrians on wheels are they not?

chrisgixer

« Reply #10 on: 19 August 2013, 10:26:28 »

Put it the other way. What's to stop a pedestrian walking or running down the left side, or down the white line at a red light, walking straight through the red light, across the junction, as a cyclist would... dodge the Crain and the taxi, etc and on their way up the road...?

Nothing at all. Not wise, and would be at fault if there was an accident I suspect, but there's nothing to stop them.

...afaik anyway.

Is a cyclist effectively a pedestrian? In legal terms?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 August 2013, 11:14:16 »

Put it the other way. What's to stop a pedestrian walking or running down the left side, or down the white line at a red light, walking straight through the red light, across the junction, as a cyclist would... dodge the Crain and the taxi, etc and on their way up the road...?

Nothing at all. Not wise, and would be at fault if there was an accident I suspect, but there's nothing to stop them.

...afaik anyway.

No, pedestrians should and usually do use the pavement.

Cyclists should use the road (but often use the pavement) and therefore should be subject to the rules of the road in the same way as other wheeled vehicles!  ;)

I don't agree at all with this proposal that the bigger vehicle will automatically be at fault in an incident with a cyclist.  It will at stroke of a pen remove the cyclists responsibility for their own safety, and many idiot cyclists will ignore the basic rules of the road on the assumption that they automatically have right of way and are always 'in the right!!'  >:(

There are too many idiots on the road as it is, in and on all sorts of vehicles, without legitimising a faction of idiots!!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

cleggy

« Reply #12 on: 19 August 2013, 11:41:18 »

...afaik anyway.

Cyclists should use the road (but often use the pavement) and therefore should be subject to the rules of the road in the same way as other wheeled vehicles!  ;)
I don't agree at all with this proposal that the bigger vehicle will automatically be at fault in an incident with a cyclist.  It will at stroke of a pen remove the cyclists responsibility for their own safety, and many idiot cyclists will ignore the basic rules of the road on the assumption that they automatically have right of way and are always 'in the right!!'  >:(

There are too many idiots on the road as it is, in and on all sorts of vehicles, without legitimising a faction of idiots!!  ::)

EXACTLY and pay INSURANCE  :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 August 2013, 16:03:53 »

...afaik anyway.

Sorry, but I completely disagree.  Cyclists are road users and should use the road as per the rules or walk/drive.  Both cyclists and motorists have to accept this fact and just got on with things.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2013, 16:04:47 »

...afaik anyway.

EXACTLY and pay INSURANCE  :y

*sigh*

most already do
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.