Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car and bike memory.  (Read 6728 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Car and bike memory.
« Reply #60 on: 26 February 2021, 10:32:14 »

Iirc Fiona Richmond had FU2 as her reg plate.
A bloke who lived in the same village as me (in what used to be the local priory, which is a huge place) had FU5 in his E type.
He owned FU,s jeans company.

I recall seeing a picture of her in a car with the aforementioned PEN15 plate. So was it phony?

Strapped on for the photo?

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26 February 2021, 10:46:33 »

Iirc Fiona Richmond had FU2 as her reg plate.
A bloke who lived in the same village as me (in what used to be the local priory, which is a huge place) had FU5 in his E type.
He owned FU,s jeans company.

I recall seeing a picture of her in a car with the aforementioned PEN15 plate. So was it phony?

Strapped on for the photo?
PEN15 or number plate?
Diesel till I die

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 February 2021, 17:09:17 »

About 10+ years ago, I used to regularly see the registration FET15H around the Preston area. It was a tasty car - can't now remember what, but the woman driving it brought all sorts of thoughts to mind....:D :D
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 February 2021, 17:28:05 »

When I lived in Croydon about 35 years ago used to see ELV1S regularly on an XJS still around but now on a Vauxhall Mokka.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 February 2021, 17:34:37 »

About 10+ years ago, I used to regularly see the registration FET15H around the Preston area. It was a tasty car - can't now remember what, but the woman driving it brought all sorts of thoughts to mind....:D :D

A Dominatrix called 'nanny whip'.......perhaps. ;) :D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 27 February 2021, 11:56:28 »

Just googled FR to see what happened to her, and was amazed to discover that not only was she previously a Stewardess with BOAC and BCal, both of whom I flew for, but now owns a hotel in Grenada a short distance from the villa we regularly visit. We visited the hotel for lunch last time we were there! It’s a small world.   :o

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 01 March 2021, 11:28:48 »

First car I bought at 16 was a non MOT'd 1960 pale blue Austin mini "seven" My old dad quite rightly forbade me from bringing it home so I was forced to sell it on . The registration number was CGM 96 and it went to an Instructor at the Apprentice traing centre I was at for a whopping £15 profit . CGM was his initials iirc.
I did some electrical work for a chap and he offered to pay me with the buff reg. book and chassis plate for a red and black mini plus a little cash. As it happened I had a school friend with just such a car in his garage about to be scrapped . This was pre DVLA days and all it took was a request for the local council to inspect the vehicle and then once passed the reg could be transferred .
New plates suitably "aged" , chassis plate rivetted on and heads also "aged " and buff book casually placed on seat . One 5 minute inspection later 63 AGA was mine .
Incredibly the number issued to replace 63 AGA on the old mini was .....7 KVD .
Suitable short time later 7 KVD was mine but only on the understanding that no further transfers would be allowed .
63 AGA is still on a dear late friends widows car and I had 7 KVD for nigh on 40 years until I sold it after moving to Ireland , it's on a Porsche Turbo now .
I bought my E24 in the North and it came with the number HIL 6351 . I had to jump through some shady loops to do it but registered it to a friend in Wales and then sold the number on and it now resides on a rather tasty late model E24 Highline 635i.  :)

Like many of you when I'm asked the reg of any of our vehicles now I'm at a loss and have to refer to photos or run out side to look.

The first real owned and driven car was a much loved MK1 Cortina ASC 405B which I kept for two years and spent wayyy too much on it inc. 1600 x flow , 2000E gearbox and Capri discs . I loved that car and wished I'd kept it instead of buying that 2 year old MGB GT ......Ah well..... :-\ :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.