Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 23:40:14 
Started by tigers_gonads - Last post by Sir Tigger QC
We've had two pay out for two funerals in the last two years  brother in law & the wife's cousin both died before 60 years of age & neither left provisions for the costs which amounted to around  £10,000 for both & that wasn't being extravagant admittedly both were in the London area . Nobody else in the family offered any financial help towards this we have just been reimbursed for the second one ( wife's cousin) so provision for a funeral is a good idea I believe.
A couple of grand won't touch the sides then...

Yep you're lucky to get much change from £4-5000 for even a simple funeral these days.

on: Yesterday at 23:29:30 
Started by tigers_gonads - Last post by Doctor Gollum
We've had two pay out for two funerals in the last two years  brother in law & the wife's cousin both died before 60 years of age & neither left provisions for the costs which amounted to around  £10,000 for both & that wasn't being extravagant admittedly both were in the London area . Nobody else in the family offered any financial help towards this we have just been reimbursed for the second one ( wife's cousin) so provision for a funeral is a good idea I believe.
A couple of grand won't touch the sides then...

on: Yesterday at 22:25:45 
Started by Migalot - Last post by Nick W
All you want is to fix the problems: valve stem seals and the oil leak.

The leak is worth investigating further because it could be quite a straightforward job, like the oil pressure sender(£5 part and a couple of minutes work), cam cover gaskets(still a simple mechanical job), sump gasket or the front crank oil seal(do it as part of the timing belt)

The stem seals are a lot more involved and costly, so I would only bother with the work if the car fails its MOT emissions test.

None of these jobs come close to justify even considering removing the engine from the car.

The rest of the engine is robust, durable and is best left alone.

on: Yesterday at 22:09:30 
Started by Raeturbo - Last post by Raeturbo
Is this favouritism?

https://apple.news/ASSaS7TO9Tsq4EADmVjgrKg

on: Yesterday at 22:06:25 
Started by woolley11 - Last post by STEMO
Well I think itís two fold.

Certainly not blowing on screen when selected and donít believe there is any hot air coming out the bottom or middle vents 🤔
Just checking you weren't sending Al down a blind alley. Your first post wasn't that clear.......to me.

on: Yesterday at 21:49:59 
Started by Stu.C - Last post by Webby the Bear
😂😂😂😂😂😂🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

on: Yesterday at 21:43:47 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Raeturbo
Yes it was all worked out very well the condemned persons height & weight was taken into account to make it as swift as possible , but as we all know mistakes can happen..😄

His name was Albert Pierrepoint. He was an expert apparently!

Bring him back! Oh.. hold on..

Yes indeed the last hangman in a family of them👍 I read a book about him and his executions some interesting information and stories about his visits some surprises in there too👀

on: Yesterday at 21:23:50 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Sir Tigger QC
As in reply#10 as cheap as possible, and get it done quick.

I once read about a gaol somewhere in England that had a concealed door between the condemned's cell and the execution chamber, and it used to take about 7 seconds from opening that door to dropping the condemned through the hatch. No messing and I expect that by the time the condemned realised what was happening they were approaching the end of the drop!  :o

I'd imagine that by the time hanging was abolished, it had got much more lengthy, cumbersome and bureaucratic.

Yes it was all worked out very well the condemned persons height & weight was taken into account to make it as swift as possible , but as we all know mistakes can happen..😄

Yes they clearly didn't study the height/weight/length of rope tables when they hung Saddam Hussein?  :-\

on: Yesterday at 20:53:32 
Started by Migalot - Last post by Migalot
I am idly wondering about my 02 2.6V6 with 81k miles on the clock.

It's a lovely car and I only do a few thousand miles a year in it. However, it has always had the blue smoke problem of those iffy valve stem seals that Vauxhall fitted in 2001-02 and now I have a slight oil leak somewhere (noted as an advisory in the last MoT).

I'm a tad too old to fix anything myself (and don't have my own driveway or garage), so i was wondering whether it would be worth having someone recondition the engine. Yes, it would cost a few bob, but whether or not I keep it, I would hate to see it ending up in a crusher. It's completely rust-free, full leather and so on and drives like a dream.

Is it worth considering? And can anyone recommend an engine recon person who actually knows about these engines and cares about doing a good job?

As I said, I'm just idly considering options...

on: Yesterday at 20:47:07 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Drewomega

His name was Albert Pierrepoint. He was an expert apparently!

Bring him back! Oh.. hold on..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 13 queries.