Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor screenwasher performance.  (Read 12068 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Poor screenwasher performance.
« Reply #75 on: 27 September 2021, 16:02:32 »

Their driving would suggest a very high alcohol content😂 they’re all crazy road ragers🤣
Laying a rubber road.

kfashley

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 27 September 2021, 22:32:26 »

My screenwashers on my 2003 2.6 estate suddenly stopped working.
The reservoir was full, I suspected a fuse but found it was shared with the windscreen wipers which were fine.
I accessed this page for advice. I thought the pump had failed as I heard no noise when I tried to use it but a clogged filter was a possibility.
I connected a narrower gauge plastic tube to a hosepipe and washed out the reservoir thoroughlyvia the filler pipe.
No benefit. I recalled once being told that a 1% bleach solution will clear green mould from the inside of clear plastic tubing so I put some strong bleach in the reservoir and left it overnight.
I was not hopeful but today the washers worked perfectly.
I have washed the bleach off the car but left some in the reservoir for now as if used when it’s raining the bleach will be washed away.
Very pleased. My attempts to get at the motors had not been successful and I thought I might have to remove the front end for access.
Dilute the bleach you've left in there right away, or you'll find that the pump stops working soon.
My screenwashers on my 2003 2.6 estate suddenly stopped working.
The reservoir was full, I suspected a fuse but found it was shared with the windscreen wipers which were fine.
I accessed this page for advice. I thought the pump had failed as I heard no noise when I tried to use it but a clogged filter was a possibility.
I connected a narrower gauge plastic tube to a hosepipe and washed out the reservoir thoroughlyvia the filler pipe.
No benefit. I recalled once being told that a 1% bleach solution will clear green mould from the inside of clear plastic tubing so I put some strong bleach in the reservoir and left it overnight.
I was not hopeful but today the washers worked perfectly.
I have washed the bleach off the car but left some in the reservoir for now as if used when it’s raining the bleach will be washed away.
Very pleased. My attempts to get at the motors had not been successful and I thought I might have to remove the front end for access.
Dilute the bleach you've left in there right away, or you'll find that the pump stops working soon.
Thanks. I had already had second thoughts on leaving the bleach in the system and have washed it out and refilled with diluted CP concentrate. On third thoughts that was what I was using when the filter blocked. Ah well, I least I know how to deal with the problem if it blocks again.

kfashley

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 01 November 2022, 12:33:50 »

Further to my posting of September 2021 and the warning by Stemo to wash out the bleach or the pump will stop working.
Well I did wash out the bleach but, preparing the car for the MOT I found the screen washers had stopped working again. I cleaned the filter, not a gauze filter as I had expected, but a mesh in the end of the cone shaped rubber connector to the pump. No result. I checked the voltage to the pump when activated and it was fine. So the pump had failed as Stemo had warned, also possibly due to doing only 400 or so miles in the car in the last year. New ones are available on the net for £12 or so inc. postage but I had no time to get one before the MOT. As the headlamp washers are working I now realise I could have connected the front screen washer tube to the head lamp washer tube and blanked off the tubes to the head lamp washer and rear screen which would have covered the MOT requirement. Thank you Stemo. This website is so valuable.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01 November 2022, 14:24:08 »

Further to my posting of September 2021 and the warning by Stemo to wash out the bleach or the pump will stop working.
Well I did wash out the bleach but, preparing the car for the MOT I found the screen washers had stopped working again. I cleaned the filter, not a gauze filter as I had expected, but a mesh in the end of the cone shaped rubber connector to the pump. No result. I checked the voltage to the pump when activated and it was fine. So the pump had failed as Stemo had warned, also possibly due to doing only 400 or so miles in the car in the last year. New ones are available on the net for £12 or so inc. postage but I had no time to get one before the MOT. As the headlamp washers are working I now realise I could have connected the front screen washer tube to the head lamp washer tube and blanked off the tubes to the head lamp washer and rear screen which would have covered the MOT requirement. Thank you Stemo. This website is so valuable.

headlamp washer pump is much more powerful that the screen wash pump. And the tubing is much bigger so you couldn't just tap into the headlight washers for the windscreen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.