Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Crank Sensor Failure  (Read 19227 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Crank Sensor Failure
« Reply #105 on: 30 June 2021, 18:24:09 »

They have access to much wider than local stock. :-X

Have you spoken to VX about their quote? They might be more inclined to bother if they are incentivised.

None of the main dealers have this item on their systems; the number is now "not recognised" or simply discontinued.

Why when I can do the job simply myself ;)
I think what Al was saying was, if you gave them the job to do, they'd soon get their hands on one.

They cannot as none are available, even in Germany who's stock records my parts manager checks.  In the past parts may not have been available in the UK, but he has sourced them, including Opel parts, in Germany.  But he cannot this time.

In anycase the Bosch product, as others have confirmed, is replacing the old Vx sensor with exactly the same but with the Bosch badge.  I m certainly not going to make anymore phone calls, with over 12 made already, and waste valuable time to find what I am reliably told by many in the trade as not available.

But if someone of here knows of where I can get a brand new, boxed, Vx/GM crank sensor be my guest and let me know. :D :D :y
« Last Edit: 30 June 2021, 18:26:11 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 30 June 2021, 18:25:28 »

Have you spoken to VX about their quote? They might be more inclined to bother if they are incentivised.

None of the main dealers have this item on their systems; the number is now "not recognised" or simply discontinued.

I think what Al was saying was, if you gave them the job to do, they'd soon get their hands on one.
Exactly.

Also they have electronic access to the Opel parts network, so saying thst they can't find one in the whole of Europe is complete rubbish. Because they clearly cannot be bothered to look beyond the CT postcode :-X

So speaks the expert without checking the facts ::) ::) ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 30 June 2021, 18:31:52 »

............................so face it, our Omega's (for those who actually own one) are at least 18 years old, being out of production since then.  Parts for them are already becoming scarce and will become increasingly so now.  Any dealer stocks were sold off some time ago to clear their expensive warehousing that they require for the cars of just yesterday, but mainly of today.

As electric cars take over the sources for our spare parts must come from motor factor traders who certainly will not have Vx / GM versions of anything.  I have always wished to replace my cars parts with the genuine own brand name versions, but now even I must accept those days are over, at least all the time I am keeping my Omega on the road which may become increasingly difficult as the new transport comes completely on line :'( :'( ;)
« Last Edit: 30 June 2021, 18:34:43 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 30 June 2021, 19:05:08 »

Exactly.

Also they have electronic access to the Opel parts network, so saying thst they can't find one in the whole of Europe is complete rubbish. Because they clearly cannot be bothered to look beyond the CT postcode :-X

So speaks the expert without checking the facts ::) ::) ;)

Sorry DG, that was a bit blunt! ::) ::)

What I wanted to say is that, have you checked with any Vx dealer to find out if they have the crank sensor then, do now you can say to me that it is "complete rubbish"for the many dealers I have spoken to to say the part is "unavailable"? ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 30 June 2021, 19:19:57 »

No because I don't need one.

However the difference between you and I is that whilst you're running around in circles, I am fully prepared to buy parts from dealers elsewhere.

Most vehicles using that sensor were actually built in the US, so if VX/Opel/PSA are of no use, there are many GM dealers who actually might be.

Something that I alluded to on page 1.

To add, I have bought genuine parts for both the Omega and The Barge from the States with minimal fuss. Either because it was cheaper or for availability.

I have also experienced first hand how some VX parts hubs will rather earn a commission buying in aftermarket parts because they don't want to order them from the manufacturer supply chain. One even refused to confirm a part number 'because he couldn't order it'.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2021, 19:24:15 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 30 June 2021, 20:11:45 »

No because I don't need one.

However the difference between you and I is that whilst you're running around in circles, I am fully prepared to buy parts from dealers elsewhere.

Most vehicles using that sensor were actually built in the US, so if VX/Opel/PSA are of no use, there are many GM dealers who actually might be.

Something that I alluded to on page 1.

To add, I have bought genuine parts for both the Omega and The Barge from the States with minimal fuss. Either because it was cheaper or for availability.

I have also experienced first hand how some VX parts hubs will rather earn a commission buying in aftermarket parts because they don't want to order them from the manufacturer supply chain. One even refused to confirm a part number 'because he couldn't order it'.
[/highlight]

Oh believe me I never run around in circles.  I go on a direct line to achieve what I need. In this instance I have ascertained that no Vx dealer in the south east or south London area have the part, so researched many online sources.  In the end I have made the decision that is right for me to purchase from Germany the Bosch sensor that is the equivalent to the Vx / GM one.  It is being delivered in a sensible, viable time period, at a good price, and I am not having to go all the way to the US , with all that entails for no visible gain, but an additional time scale. That is if they can supply the part anyway that if they do will not be superior to the good old Bosch one that was fitted to the Omega in the first place, albeit with a Vx/GM badge. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 30 June 2021, 20:51:18 »

A two minute call to the parts desk at Bob Steele Chevrolet in Melbourne, Fl,

Whim I have previously purchased from produced three useful pieces of information.

1. 90540743 is NLS.

2. It has been superceded by 90494182.

3. It costs $62.10 and is available on Friday.

Now tell me your dealer was actually trying.

Oh, and you're welcome :-X

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 30 June 2021, 22:54:51 »

There is another way, IIRC you can use the crank sensor for a Vectra C 3.2, you will need to make up a lead though.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 01 July 2021, 01:34:16 »

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-crankshaft-position-sensor-90494182

That took about 30 seconds of rummaging with the part number obtained from a two minute phone call.  :-X

So that's 2.5 minutes that someone couldn't be bothered to do because they lack any imagination.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2021, 01:36:44 by Doctor Gollum »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 01 July 2021, 09:38:40 »

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-crankshaft-position-sensor-90494182

That took about 30 seconds of rummaging with the part number obtained from a two minute phone call.  :-X

So that's 2.5 minutes that someone couldn't be bothered to do because they lack any imagination.

Now, yet again, you are getting really insulting and belittling my capabilities and how I value my time that you know nothing about.

As I have said, I have sourced a Bosch part in Germany so why should I phone Australia, the USA, or anywhere else when I have arriving today the part I need?

You are so full of dogma and up yourself and trying always to out do others. Why? ::) ::) ::)

Are you that insecure? :o :o :o

The sad thing is if your attitude was different I would actually welcome your useful input of information but how you come across just puts my back up.  Great shame :'( :'( :'(

« Last Edit: 01 July 2021, 09:45:08 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 01 July 2021, 09:47:46 »

As I said, no imagination.

Anyhoo, others might find the information useful (now that we know what the current part number is), even if you don't appreciate the effort.

So to answer your question from page 1, yes genuine GM crank sensors are readily available and they seem to still be a reasonable price.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 01 July 2021, 10:26:27 »

I wonder why you think a franchisee in a European organisation has any better access to a separate American one than you do? After all, they would have to contact their US equivalent, go through all the same process you do to order the part, add in whatever procedure their company has for buying from additional external suppliers(with the added hassle of different country/currency/banking rules), then pay the extra import charges(can't even attempt the 'gift' fraud) and eventually present you with the part along with a much bigger bill.

It's not lack of imagination that stops them from doing this - even if the parts man is aware that a 20 year old car had a an extremely niche(and poorly regarded) cousin elsewhere - but simple economics. It just ain't worth the grief, especially for a £60 part that's readily available from the aftermarket.

If they do know of this alternative, then giving you the part number they're using and suggesting that you try an American source would be good service.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 01 July 2021, 14:35:49 »

It's quite short sighted of them, because by providing better service then they might actually sell more.

Clearly PSA don't consider that to be a priority any more.

I have only encountered exceptional customer service from three Vauxhall dealers... Andy C when he was at Drive, the people who staffed the counter at Stevens Vauxhall and a dealer elsewhere whom I bought a load of bits from via Carpartsconnexxion.

Omega 2.6/3.2 production represented a fraction of the GM utilisation of that engine. A further rummage suggests it was used in a selection of SAABs and Cadillacs, (and therefore quite probably Buick as well), all of which were sold in Europe and the UK.

Regardless, given the idea that a genuine sensor should be better than an aftermarket alternative it does at least give people the renewed option of sourcing genuine.

The second link in my post in the Test Zone is to purchase any available parts from a GM dealer in North Carolina iirc and includes the ability to have an item shipped globally.

Even if it lands on the door at twice the advertised price, it will still be cheaper than two cheaper sensors of unknown quality. The shipping time will probably be quicker too if the likes of ATP are anything to go by.

And let's face it, a company isn't going to ship a small order for free unless they're making it up on the order, which effectively means that either the part isn't what you expect or the shipping will be as slow as molasses.

And as it goes, Ian Allan in Virginia Waters is an Official Chevrolet dealer and GMPartsworld in Cannock should theoretically be able to order any available GM part.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 01 July 2021, 16:14:23 »

Sorted!! :D :D :y :y :y

New boxed Bosch crank sensor arrived today as planed from Autodoc in Germany  and it was the same as the Vx one, just with a Bosch stamp, in a Bosch box, correctly labeled, and made in Romania, in Bosch's ever expanding manufacturing facilities there.

Following to the letter the Maintenance Guide by Marks DTM I soon had the new sensor fitted and the engine fired up straight away.

All done now, straightforward job, and using a quality aftermarket part which actually is the same as the original. 8) 8) ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 01 July 2021, 16:34:49 »

Sorted!! :D :D :y :y :y

New boxed Bosch crank sensor arrived today as planed from Autodoc in Germany  and it was the same as the Vx one, just with a Bosch stamp, in a Bosch box, correctly labeled, and made in Romania, in Bosch's ever expanding manufacturing facilities there.

Following to the letter the Maintenance Guide by Marks DTM I soon had the new sensor fitted and the engine fired up straight away.

All done now, straightforward job, and using a quality aftermarket part which actually is the same as the original. 8) 8) ;)
I'd wait a little while before saying that.  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.