Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Appointment  (Read 1218 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Appointment
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2021, 15:23:36 »

I have an appointment on Thursday regarding an eye problem, I should be seen every three months the last time I had an appointment was at the beginning of March , so 4 months overdue no pain or discomfort just weeps continuosly but in the scheme of things not serious at all.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 October 2021, 16:18:39 »

Upshot of angiogram were one artery slightly "furred" but no stents required,have to stick with the tablets I was already on for a year.Have a follow up appointment with GP at end of this month,but that's only a phone appointment.Not really sure what any of the tablets do to be honest but I'm on Aspirin,Ticagrelor[which I think do the same thing],Bisoprolol,Isosorbide and Atorvastatin.

Glad to hear there was nothing needing mechanical intervention found  :y, My wife has an Angiogram appointment on 20th so hoping she gets boxed off simlarly
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2021, 17:23:03 »

Upshot of angiogram were one artery slightly "furred" but no stents required,have to stick with the tablets I was already on for a year.Have a follow up appointment with GP at end of this month,but that's only a phone appointment.Not really sure what any of the tablets do to be honest but I'm on Aspirin,Ticagrelor[which I think do the same thing],Bisoprolol,Isosorbide and Atorvastatin.
Have they told you what your cholesterol levels are Baz? Also there is good and bad cholesterol.  If you can get your levels down with a healthy diet then you may be able to ditch the Atorvasatin. Statins are not for everybody and made me feel washed out and legs and arms ached like hell. When i was in Papworth after my last catheter ablation', a junior doctor came around and asked if i was on statins. When i replied no, (my cholesterol level was well under 5), she then went on to tell me how great they were. Suggested to her that how can you know how great they are if you've never had to take them. She then wished me goodbye and left.  ;D. Seriously though, do what is right for you and ask if you're not sure or not feeling right. Just to say that my tabs are Apixaban, Amlodapine, Bisoprolol and Lisinapril.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2021, 17:47:47 »

Have they told you what your cholesterol levels are Baz? Also there is good and bad cholesterol.  If you can get your levels down with a healthy diet then you may be able to ditch the Atorvasatin. Statins are not for everybody and made me feel washed out and legs and arms ached like hell. When i was in Papworth after my last catheter ablation', a junior doctor came around and asked if i was on statins. When i replied no, (my cholesterol level was well under 5), she then went on to tell me how great they were. Suggested to her that how can you know how great they are if you've never had to take them. She then wished me goodbye and left.  ;D. Seriously though, do what is right for you and ask if you're not sure or not feeling right. Just to say that my tabs are Apixaban, Amlodapine, Bisoprolol and Lisinapril.
I'm on 20mg atorvastatin daily. When my missus glares at my pork pie and cream cake lunch, I just rattle the packet at her and laugh.  ;D
As for my cholesterol level, who fickin knows? You need a letter from god to get an appointment at our surgery.
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2021, 20:45:15 »

I honestly have no idea what my chlolesterol levels are last time I was told anything of them was about three years ago when I was told they were a "little high" but nothing else was done at the time. Now I'm on one 80mg statin tablet per day :o
Fingers crossed for your good lady Omegod but stents if needed can be inserted during the same procedure and a whole lot better than needing surgery.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 October 2021, 20:53:54 »

I honestly have no idea what my chlolesterol levels are last time I was told anything of them was about three years ago when I was told they were a "little high" but nothing else was done at the time. Now I'm on one 80mg statin tablet per day :o
Fingers crossed for your good lady Omegod but stents if needed can be inserted during the same procedure and a whole lot better than needing surgery.
80mg? That's the highest dose available, according to some charts I've been looking at. You're cholesterol levels would have to be very high for that dosage.
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 October 2021, 21:40:26 »

Yes although nothing has been said directly to me I understand 80mg to be the highest dose,so figured levels must be very high to need them,but again nothing has been said about that during all the blood tests I've had or at the time of the angiogram.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 October 2021, 22:00:18 »

Sometimes it does pay to ask.  ???
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.