Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Self fulfilling prophecy  (Read 6954 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Self fulfilling prophecy
« Reply #120 on: 04 October 2021, 18:39:26 »

Cité Europe
Last place you want to go, as probably the most expensive shopping in France by some margin.

But plenty of other places not too far away - though best to go further, to get away from the utter shithole they call Calais - and viable if you don't mind losing a whole day just to go shopping.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 05 October 2021, 04:21:44 »

Agreed, although I picked it because it close to the ferry/shuttle and it sells fuel.

Boulogne town is bearable, and if you're making a day of it Brugges is just up the road tother way.  :y

From Ashford, CE/Calais is nearer than Blue Water in driving terms
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 05 October 2021, 11:54:35 »

We've cracked the problem about drivers anyway, 27 foreign drivers have applied for the short term visas available. ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 05 October 2021, 12:49:40 »

It all seems a bit Londoncentric to me, as I've had no trouble filling up the last couple of times in the last week.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 05 October 2021, 13:01:44 »

Filled the Subaru this morning , no queueing no limits wife & daughter off on a shopping trip tomorrow.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 05 October 2021, 13:05:44 »

It all seems a bit Londoncentric to me, as I've had no trouble filling up the last couple of times in the last week.  ::)

How many pints of scrumpy do you need to trade for a gallon of unleaded?. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 05 October 2021, 13:31:49 »

As a dieselist I don't know M'lud, but I paid £1.37 a litre in the local Tesco's last Thursday and £1.32 in Costco Bristol yesterday.  :)

Anyway, what's a gallon?  ???  Is that something that old people use?  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 05 October 2021, 13:42:07 »

That's true, most of the country is mostly back to near normal except for London and the South East. I filled up at local Sainsbury  on Sunday evening, no queues and restrictions on how much i could have. They had had a delivery on Sunday morning.  Walked round yesterday evening and they had run out of diesel again. 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 05 October 2021, 13:45:15 »

As a dieselist I don't know M'lud, but I paid £1.37 a litre in the local Tesco's last Thursday and £1.32 in Costco Bristol yesterday.  :)

Dieselist? ::)

Is that the dirty black stuff that makes protesters block the M25? ::)

It seems that you and your geriatric great uncle from Liverpool  are to blame for for all of this.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 05 October 2021, 14:14:38 »

It seems that you and your geriatric great uncle from Liverpool  are to blame for for all of this.

No.  That nice Mr Blair told us we had to use it to save the planet.  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 05 October 2021, 14:26:16 »

No.  That nice Mr Blair told us we had to use it to save the planet.  :)
He could have afforded a helluva lot of diesel with the dosh he saved by not paying his stamp duty.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 05 October 2021, 14:53:36 »

Only one garage between Gatwick and Luton had any fuel and that was just petrol. None at Chobham services. Thanks to the M25 being suddenly closed at the M3, I ended up going Sunningdale, Woking, Guildford, Leatherhead, Dorking, Reigate To Gatwick and must have passed 20 garages... Not a single one had fuel. And none on my commute had any either. Didn't waste any time searching Luton for fuel, although apparently Asda had some.

Heading up to Luton, I did pass several brand new '71 plate Daf XFs heading clockwise past Heathrow in convoy sans trailers... No not sure if they were the Armyists or just fresh off the boat and being delivered :-\

The trouble with the whole thing is that thanks to all the retards, the lack of stocks at the pumps has forced everyone one else to buy what they can when they can, and even the sensible people who didn't rush out to buy £5  just to top off, now have no fuel. Net result, as soon as anywhere gets fuel, it's all over faceachebook and within an hour it's all gone  >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 05 October 2021, 15:17:35 »

Only one garage between Gatwick and Luton had any fuel and that was just petrol. None at Chobham services. Thanks to the M25 being suddenly closed at the M3, I ended up going Sunningdale, Woking, Guildford, Leatherhead, Dorking, Reigate To Gatwick and must have passed 20 garages... Not a single one had fuel. And none on my commute had any either. Didn't waste any time searching Luton for fuel, although apparently Asda had some.

Heading up to Luton, I did pass several brand new '71 plate Daf XFs heading clockwise past Heathrow in convoy sans trailers... No not sure if they were the Armyists or just fresh off the boat and being delivered :-\

The trouble with the whole thing is that thanks to all the retards, the lack of stocks at the pumps has forced everyone one else to buy what they can when they can, and even the sensible people who didn't rush out to buy £5  just to top off, now have no fuel. Net result, as soon as anywhere gets fuel, it's all over faceachebook and within an hour it's all gone  >:(

Yep, my local garage apparently had a delivery of fuel at 1430 today; my daughter rang me up to say get around there fast as there is not yet a queue.  But, no I have not reacted as I now have half a tank after queuing up the other day, which is more than enough for me over the coming month.  I will not fall into the psychological trap of chasing fuel at the cost of others who really need it as I did once. ;)

It would be all too easy to do what everyone else seems to be doing.  Crazy!! ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 05 October 2021, 15:34:06 »

I have enough for this week's current needs, but have to drive to Norwich again at the end of next week and buying £30 here and there isn't going to cut it.

Usually I fill up, run the car until the light comes on and fill up again, and you'd think that passing 9 garages on my commute would make that approach perfectly reasonable  :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 05 October 2021, 15:44:21 »

Agreed, although I picked it because it close to the ferry/shuttle and it sells fuel.

Boulogne town is bearable, and if you're making a day of it Brugges is just up the road tother way.  :y

From Ashford, CE/Calais is nearer than Blue Water in driving terms
In my extensive experience, it’s not possible to do a day trip to Bruges

I can’t even crawl, let alone drive.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.