Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sir David Amess MP.  (Read 2233 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Sir David Amess MP.
« Reply #30 on: 16 October 2021, 15:04:58 »

As in reply#10 as cheap as possible, and get it done quick.

I once read about a gaol somewhere in England that had a concealed door between the condemned's cell and the execution chamber, and it used to take about 7 seconds from opening that door to dropping the condemned through the hatch. No messing and I expect that by the time the condemned realised what was happening they were approaching the end of the drop!  :o

I'd imagine that by the time hanging was abolished, it had got much more lengthy, cumbersome and bureaucratic.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 October 2021, 15:17:01 »

I once read about a gaol somewhere in England that had a concealed door between the condemned's cell and the execution chamber, and it used to take about 7 seconds from opening that door to dropping the condemned through the hatch. No messing and I expect that by the time the condemned realised what was happening they were approaching the end of the drop!  :o

I'd imagine that by the time hanging was abolished, it had got much more lengthy, cumbersome and bureaucratic.

Yes it was all worked out very well the condemned persons height & weight was taken into account to make it as swift as possible , but as we all know mistakes can happen..😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 October 2021, 20:08:54 »

If the Government cannot stop the main arterial roads being blocked and those committing the offence stick two fingers up at it what chance have you of ever overturning the abolished death penalty .
Life without parole is your only real hope and even then there would be insufficient support for that in the  House Of Lords to pass into law .
We live in a very unfair and unreasonable world now far removed from the days of " let the punishment fit the crime ".  Some may say , correctly ,that we  reap what we sow .....

Re the Death penalty . This quite an austere and harrowing insight into it's modus operandi .
https://vimeo.com/24804876

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 October 2021, 20:40:26 »

You are right there Lizzie! “bring back the death penalty?”
BUT! it will never happen. Unfortunately.
The way I see it from here in Mallorca is the governments in the UK in the past have welcomed everybody from ethnic countries with NO checks or if any skills which they have would benefit our UK society. And still they bring them in! WTF?
This last sad incident proves it! The lefties and not so lefties will twitter on about our great country and our wonderful right to vote as a democratic country.
It's time to take a vote on EVERYTHING that is very important to the running of this country, never mind what idiot is next to the box with a (tick or X) next to it.
That to me is a fully democratic country.
BUT! it will never happen! Unfortunately.
I have done my bit for this country twice and I weep what is happening now. I do weep!
What can we do? sweet FA! I do weep!

I digress!
I have just been watching uk commercial tv here and are there no northern europeans to fit the adverts? any space alien watching from out there would think that everybody was, well????

And! before anybody starts having a go at me for being a racist or any other (ism) there is, I know what racism or any other (ism) there is, I have worked all over the world. North and central muslim Africa worst and central Africa second.
Bombs, bullets and spitting at you on the street. Calling names? waaaay down the list.

Thats the way it is! It's a pity you all cannot experience it as I did!

Happy days though!

PS back in gods own next month due to brexit. Doh!

I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 October 2021, 20:47:07 »

Yes it was all worked out very well the condemned persons height & weight was taken into account to make it as swift as possible , but as we all know mistakes can happen..😄

His name was Albert Pierrepoint. He was an expert apparently!

Bring him back! Oh.. hold on..
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 October 2021, 21:23:50 »

Yes they clearly didn't study the height/weight/length of rope tables when they hung Saddam Hussein?  :-\

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 October 2021, 21:43:47 »

Yes indeed the last hangman in a family of them👍 I read a book about him and his executions some interesting information and stories about his visits some surprises in there too👀
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 October 2021, 13:37:50 »

I'm pretty sure we watched a film of this name.

Well acted......I think Albert Pierrepoint was played by Timothy Spall.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 October 2021, 14:28:03 »

Strange use of language being used by some media outlets....

They say David Amess 'passed away'......I find this a really odd way to describe a man who was stabbed 17 times.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 October 2021, 17:54:57 »

They say David Amess 'passed away'......I find this a really odd way to describe a man who was stabbed 17 times.

Indeed, and they don't seem to like the word murdered either, seemingly preferring the term killing::)  ie  the killing of Joe Bloggs, rather than Joe Blogg's murder.  :-\

Maybe it's a legal thing and they can't describe it as murder, until a conviction occurs.  ???  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 October 2021, 18:31:16 »

Indeed, and they don't seem to like the word murdered either, seemingly preferring the term killing::)  ie  the killing of Joe Bloggs, rather than Joe Blogg's murder.  :-\

Maybe it's a legal thing and they can't describe it as murder, until a conviction occurs.  ???  :-\

Brutally murdered seems more appropriate than 'passed away'

Perhaps they are trying their best not to inflame the situation. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 October 2021, 20:01:05 »

Trouble is that nowadays it's simply not possible to call a spade a spade...  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 October 2021, 20:17:17 »

Trouble is that nowadays it's simply not possible to call a spade a spade...  :-X

Racist..... ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 October 2021, 21:16:23 »

Sky have taken the last three episodes of COBRA off because 'someone got stabbed' in it. Fūckin idiots.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 October 2021, 21:34:17 »

Sky have taken the last three episodes of COBRA off because 'someone got stabbed' in it. Fūckin idiots.
I thought it seemed like half a series  :(
I wonder how long before the last episodes get released  :-\
there's always someone somewhere  having a toffee crisp getting murdered
BBC also removed Casualty from the sky box this week too
they put "Miranda" on  >:( fortunately there's lots recorded to watch
there might have been more murders if I'd of had to watch that sh!t for an hour  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.