Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brand new Corsa.  (Read 2568 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Brand new Corsa.
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2022, 21:24:43 »

The old girl has had a bump in it already, big dent in the n/s front wing when I walked past it this morning, I've never driven a Corsa but did drive a Nova a few times that was awful.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2022, 22:33:32 »

The old girl has had a bump in it already, big dent in the n/s front wing when I walked past it this morning, I've never driven a Corsa but did drive a Nova a few times that was awful.

Shame. Bet she's gutted.  :(

You should go round and polish it out for her!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2022, 12:54:26 »

Nova was a superb car to thrash around in.  What it lacked in power, it would make up for in the corners, much to the annoyance of much quicker cars!

The Vauxhall 208, however, handles like, errr, a small Pug ;D.  Actually, it has many of the handling traits of the excellent Pug 205 GTi, but without the roadholding...
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2022, 14:59:58 »

Nova was a superb car to thrash around in.  What it lacked in power, it would make up for in the corners, much to the annoyance of much quicker cars!

The Vauxhall 208, however, handles like, errr, a small Pug ;D.  Actually, it has many of the handling traits of the excellent Pug 205 GTi, but without the roadholding...

I'm guessing that it drives and handles just fine ...... for those of us that don't drive like hooligans.  ;)  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2022, 17:32:22 »

I'm guessing that it drives and handles just fine ...... for those of us that don't drive like hooligans.  ;)  ;D
So that excludes you as well, then, Mr YZ ;D

In fairness, all the ones I've driven have been hire cars, and thus have to be constantly thrashed to within an inch of their lives.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2022, 17:58:21 »

Strange how different people view cars , I honestly think that the Nova is probably the worst car that I've ever driven extremely uncomfortable for even a short journey.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2022, 18:00:36 »

I've actually got a "metal puller" so might have a word with her it doesn't look like any paint damage just a simple dent.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2022, 18:33:02 »

Toilet suction pump😂
Laying a rubber road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2022, 07:56:48 »

Strange how different people view cars , I honestly think that the Nova is probably the worst car that I've ever driven extremely uncomfortable for even a short journey.

I had one for 9 years, was a great little car, only a 1.2 but with the front and rear antiroll bars fitted was quite go-kart like and with the addition of a few 1.3 bits I had lying around quite nippy (exdhaust manifold and front pipe, 2E3 carb and inlet, 1.4 cam). Never let me down, and I did tens of thousands of miles in it. Far FAR superior to the Fiesta it replaced

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 January 2022, 17:29:47 »

Passed the old girl when I was walking the dog this morning, got chatting and mentioned the dent she was quite upset  & fearful what her son would say as he is a bit of a prick ( her words) I told her I'd pop round and see if I could sort it out, the puller worked a treat + a bit of Tcut removed the small scratch ,she had just touched a post in Sainsbury's car park when backing out, she popped round this afternoon with a pack of beers for me , my good deed for the day..🍺🍺🍺

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2022, 17:31:43 »

Passed the old girl when I was walking the dog this morning, got chatting and mentioned the dent she was quite upset  & fearful what her son would say as he is a bit of a prick ( her words) I told her I'd pop round and see if I could sort it out, the puller worked a treat + a bit of Tcut removed the small scratch ,she had just touched a post in Sainsbury's car park when backing out, she popped round this afternoon with a pack of beers for me , my good deed for the day..🍺🍺🍺

Well done Mick!  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2022, 17:42:48 »

Nice one Rangie Nice to do a favour for someone and get appreciated for it  :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2022, 19:04:35 »

Read a report about the new corsa yesterday. From what it said, it's not a patch, equipment or cabin layout wise, to it's sister car the Peugeot, and it doesn't get anywhere near the fiesta as a drivers car.
Their take on it outselling the fiesta was that Ford, being clever buggers, put all the chips they had for manufacturing into the transit (which, btw, outsold the corsa and fiesta added together) because they make a bigger profit on the van. Same(ish) selling price as the fiesta, but cost less to produce.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2022, 19:14:26 »

Nice one Rangie Nice to do a favour for someone and get appreciated for it  :y

He says she's an 'old girl', but I bet she's a 39 year old blonde MILF with big tits!  :-*   :y   ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2022, 23:44:33 »

And nice arse😂 anyway that’s a fair cop Rangie😂😂
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.