• Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Dyson
« Reply #30 on: 23 January 2022, 18:17:48 »

Oh Dear, we all stand corrected!!!. . . . . . . :-X ::) ::) 8) :D :D :D :D
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 January 2022, 18:18:40 »

Oh Dear, we all stand corrected!!!. . . . . . . :-X ::) ::) 8) :D :D :D :D
Suck it up :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 January 2022, 18:19:23 »

No mention of Sharks yet . . . sorry, Shark Vacuums ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 January 2022, 18:27:16 »

I’m in the Henry gang👍
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 January 2022, 19:28:51 »

Pedant Alert!!

Hoovered Dysoned a load of shredded paper I had spilt this morning so used the pipe to hoover it up, for the 1st time ever it suffered a blokcage  (where the dust enters the cylinder ) it was easily sorted but whilst sorting it I chipped the latch mechanism (Still works ok) and noticed the belt had snapped.

You have a Dyson vacuum cleaner Skruntie not a Hoover.  :) Pedantic I know!  ;D

Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute, a really great machine with battery power to hoover my home multiple times. Attracted now to the V15, laser, so saving up for the around £599 price, but I know it will last as long as I want it to.

Why not a cordless?  I would not know dream of trying to go around a home with a corded machine, plugging in, unplugging, all the time. Besides I can easily hoover out the car with my cordless. :y
Again Lizzie Dysons out her home and car....  ::)

I would make the point that each Dyson that comes out is an advance on previous performance levels of their earlier models so they cannot be compared after years, no more than a SEBO can. SEBO’s are undoubtedly a quality hoover, often compared side by side with contemporary Dyson models, so at the end of the day I believe it is personal choice and what every individual prefers in their own judgement. :D ;)

I don't believe that Hoover make SEBO vacuum cleaners Lizzie.  :D

What annoys me is what I have found with certain people I know stating what I said before, even though they have never actually owned a Dyson, often buying the cheapest hoover and quality on the market ::) :P

Do Hoover still make vacuum cleaners?  ???  Were they ever cheap?  ???             ;)

But being a woman you would obviously have read the instructions and know how to use it...

Yes, but second nature as I have been hovering since I was 8 years of age!

Mum got me doing housework and cooking from an early age. I had two brothers though who never did that! No equality in the 1960’s!! :D :D ;)

That's bloody clever Lizzie!  :o  ;D

Seriously though, it's interesting how a brand name gets inserted into language to describe a household chore and even other brands of vacuum cleaner get referred to as the Hoover.  :)

I wonder if younger people refer to doing the vacuuming as doing the Dysoning?  ???  :-\  :)

Ah, I have an answer to that;  before Dyson came out we did have a Hoover that hovered on its own bed of air, like a hovercraft.  It was still bloody heavy though!! :P ;) ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 January 2022, 21:25:56 »

Finally got fed up with unblocking the Dyson a couple of years back. Why they designed it with so many 90 degree angles in the dirty air path I'll never know.

Went to the hardware shop in the village who I like to support and he sold me me of these for £100.

https://www.homevac.co.uk/henry-as100g-vacuum-cleaners.php

Way more suction power than the Dyson. It actually lifts the carpets off the floor and sucks air through the pile!

Much lighter to move around the house and being a more commercially oriented design it's got a long mains cable and hose.

Great for cleaning the car too! I love it and would never go back. For the price of a Dyson I could get a new one of these every year.

All the parts and bags are compatible with the Numatic range so easy to get hold of, Not that I've ever needed to buy anything for it. I'm even still getting through the bags that came with it.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 January 2022, 08:01:45 »

I would be advising a Sebo to, cheaper than a Dyson, better built than a Dyson, performs better than a Dyson, plus its not Malaysian crap (something I really HATE Dyson for).

I would avoid a cordless, 50% of what you are paying is for the power source (where as a mains lead is probably 1%), the battery will not last the life of the machine, they are expensive to replace, and they do not deliver the same level of power, they only get similar suction by having a smaller pickup head.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2022, 08:05:48 by Marks DTM Calib »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 January 2022, 09:25:51 »

Got an Electrolux upright here.Bought it second hand from a car boot sale 16 yrs ago,still doing the job it was designed for.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 January 2022, 09:59:50 »

I love this thread, with all you men talking about something very domestic, soft and feminine  whilst not a hard, masculine, heavy, subject!! ;D ;D

This is the equality I support :-* :-* :D

(I now hear deep coughs, making it clear as men do that you are no where near being feminine  ;D ;D ;) )
« Last Edit: 24 January 2022, 10:01:43 by Lizzie Zoom »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24 January 2022, 10:07:53 »

as an example on the cordless bit, the Dyson V11 has 25v battery at 3.6Ah capacity, so that is a maximum of 90Wh of useage.

If it the vac ran for only 10 minutes on a charge than thats a max of 540W but, Dyson quote 20 minutes so 270W of suction (and all motors are in the 90% efficeincy range so no gains of note here). Compare that to say corded which typically has the EU max of 1600W, and its easy to see why the cordless convenience cannot match the corded power  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 January 2022, 10:08:48 »

I love this thread, with all you men talking about something very domestic, soft and feminine  whilst not a hard, masculine, heavy, subject!! ;D ;D

(I now hear deep coughs, making it clear as men do that you are no where near being feminine  ;D ;D ;) )

No idea what you mean  ;D

« Last Edit: 24 January 2022, 10:10:43 by Marks DTM Calib »

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 January 2022, 10:15:52 »

Interesting thread .

We had a DC03 that was bought circa '98 and it ran faultlessly , it was like an old friend .
Over here in IE Dyson offered a €99 service in which they would replace all parts required to maintain the machine for that price . We had it done twice .
The last time the engineer said that the DC03 was obsolete and used up all his remaining spares to , in essence , make it as new .
My wife bought a Meile drag around in preparation of the DC03 dying but it continued until the plastic flexible hose severed where it joins the handle .
I tried everywhere to get a hose even delving into FB Dyson breakers .......with no luck.
Had to give up in the end and condemn it after many years of sterling service . I actually felt remorse when it was dropped off at the waste disposal site .
So , I insisted that it was replaced with an upright , a real upright and not one of those dreadful battery things , as I refused to drag that dead dog like Meile around .
At my request we bought a Dyson "small ball " upright .
Out of the box it was apparent that this was no DC03 , the plastic housings and fixtures are thin and flex  and have no feeling of quality or longevety . The DC03's "non tangle " cable has obviously became a casualty of modern design/costings  and been replaced with one that has coil up memory inbuilt , the "small ball " design prevents it being able to go under furniture or beds and the dust container capacity is 50% of the DC03 .
TBF it sucks like Debbie on a long weekend in Dallas but that is probably it's best feature , I cannot believe that the design was ever signed off by Sir James .
Conclusion is that we have a loathsome Meile and an unloved Dyson looking after the house ...Progress Eh ?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 January 2022, 10:23:48 »

No idea what you mean  ;D

;D ;D ;D  Yes, that great Queen video about sums it up! ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 January 2022, 10:30:51 »

as an example on the cordless bit, the Dyson V11 has 25v battery at 3.6Ah capacity, so that is a maximum of 90Wh of useage.

If it the vac ran for only 10 minutes on a charge than thats a max of 540W but, Dyson quote 20 minutes so 270W of suction (and all motors are in the 90% efficeincy range so no gains of note here). Compare that to say corded which typically has the EU max of 1600W, and its easy to see why the cordless convenience cannot match the corded power  :y

That’s it Mark, back to the real manly stuff……..which has gone right over my poor female head ::) ;) ;D

All I know is that my Dyson fills the dust container very quickly when going around my home, with everything I want picked up 8) ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 January 2022, 11:14:33 »

I fail to understand the fascination with cordless stuff. It will always be limited by the laws of physics.

Same with lawn mowers. Work out how much energy a decent lawn mower needs to cut a lawn and then tell me they can fit that in the battery!

Battery tech works very well in devices where other energy sources are awkward and where intermittent power is needed, even at quite high power levels, but no good when you need continuous high power. My Dad recently bought a Stihl battery chainsaw, and it's a great bit of kit. The 2 stroke probably trumps it for power on a really thick trunk but I know what I prefer climbing a tree with!

Vacuum cleaners, though? Nope. I probably use it once or twice a fortnight (I'm not house proud!). I plug it in once to do the upstairs, and twice for the downstairs. Hardly enough inconvenience to warrant a crap battery model. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.