Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats Your Current Fuel Price?  (Read 17247 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Whats Your Current Fuel Price?
« Reply #150 on: 15 March 2022, 20:38:52 »

It's Oxford, the result was never in doubt.
The world capital of misinformed do-gooders.

A few weeks ago they approved the country's first zero emission zone...   ...but it doesn't apply to their smelly diesel buses or the diesel trains that pass through the ZEZ.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 15 March 2022, 20:52:01 »

When central London started with the congestion zone, other councils showed a slight interest. Once they published how much money they were raking in, every other council couldn't wait. A method for printing money whilst jumping on the environmental bandwagon. I noticed on Sunday that the signage is up and ready in Bradford, just waiting for the big switch on.
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 15 March 2022, 21:37:56 »

£1.56.9 for E10 at the local Morrisons this evening[they don't sell E5] with diesel a further 8p dearer at £1.64.9

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 16 March 2022, 12:34:33 »

When central London started with the congestion zone, other councils showed a slight interest. Once they published how much money they were raking in, every other council couldn't wait. A method for printing money whilst jumping on the environmental bandwagon. I noticed on Sunday that the signage is up and ready in Bradford, just waiting for the big switch on.
Fortunately, the bankrupt Northamptonshire County Council and bankrupt South Northants local council have become a unitary council, and have no plans for such silliness. They are going to start charging for garden waste bins instead - they have been free here for a couple of decades as a sweetener for when we went to fortnightly bin collections.

Oxfordshire County Council has, ever since I can remember, been trying to ban cars from going anywhere near their beloved Oxford.  Never impacted me much, despite Mrs TB coming from there, as I have never wanted to go anywhere near that shithole.  The (once) ringroad around the outside was plenty close enough.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 16 March 2022, 21:58:19 »

Oxfordshire County Council has, ever since I can remember, been trying to ban cars from going anywhere near their beloved Oxford.  Never impacted me much, despite Mrs TB coming from there, as I have never wanted to go anywhere near that shithole.  The (once) ringroad around the outside was plenty close enough.

I agree with all of the above.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 16 March 2022, 23:33:54 »

Fortunately, the bankrupt Northamptonshire County Council and bankrupt South Northants local council have become a unitary council, and have no plans for such silliness. They are going to start charging for garden waste bins instead - they have been free here for a couple of decades as a sweetener for when we went to fortnightly bin collections.

You don't know how lucky you have been. We have had to pay for the green garden waste bin collection for years in Pendle. This year it is £37 per bin - if you have two, it's double. Used to be free and collected every all year round. Then they stopped it in the winter months unless specifically requested. Now its just March to November full stop. When the neighbours beech hedge sheds leaves for fun, there is never any garden waste collections.... ::)   
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 17 March 2022, 07:17:19 »

Chuck it back over his fence or ask him to pay your £37.
Our green bin collections are still free, but if they start charging I will tip the grass cuttings over the back fence onto the allotments and they can use it as compost.
Bin collections is all we get for our £1500 pa council tax.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 17 March 2022, 07:45:01 »

I noticed on Sunday that the signage is up and ready in Bradford, just waiting for the big switch on.

our clean air signs now have 'under review' on them ....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 17 March 2022, 10:29:45 »

You don't know how lucky you have been. We have had to pay for the green garden waste bin collection for years in Pendle. This year it is £37 per bin - if you have two, it's double. Used to be free and collected every all year round. Then they stopped it in the winter months unless specifically requested. Now its just March to November full stop. When the neighbours beech hedge sheds leaves for fun, there is never any garden waste collections.... ::)   

You don't know how lucky you are. I've just had the renewal notice for my garden bin from Dorset Council.... £59! 

All year round fortnightly collection though.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 17 March 2022, 10:59:52 »

That's about the same as ours...

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 17 March 2022, 11:01:07 »

Ours are free, for now. Personally, I couldn't care less, I don't have one. :)
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 17 March 2022, 11:02:42 »

Bin collections is all we get for our £1500 pa council tax.  >:(

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 17 March 2022, 11:02:52 »

I noticed on Sunday that the signage is up and ready in Bradford, just waiting for the big switch on.

Having had a look on the site for Bradford, Sheffield and Leeds, apparently cars are not charged, just trucks, buses and taxis.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 17 March 2022, 11:03:50 »

Having had a look on the site for Bradford, Sheffield and Leeds, apparently cars are not charged, just trucks, buses and taxis.

.... so far!  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 17 March 2022, 11:05:39 »

.... so far!  ::)
Well.....everything is 'so far' I guess. The lower rate of income tax is 20%, so far. Cornflakes are £2 odd, so far  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.