Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3064039 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #23430 on: 27 February 2022, 20:33:34 »

Bought as a eventual replacement for the Omega  :'(
https://postimg.cc/gallery/3HVTrWZ

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23431 on: 27 February 2022, 20:43:21 »

Nice, looks tidy.  :y  My brother-in-law has one, he finds it easier to get in and out of due to the higher platform.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23432 on: 27 February 2022, 22:27:00 »

Pulled the rear discs to adjust the handbrake on the Alabama Mumsybus and discovered that it requires new shoes as one side the friction material is cracked and missing a quarter of the material  ???. May as well do the discs and pads whilst I'm at it...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23433 on: 27 February 2022, 22:29:09 »

A fetching shade of Dogknobred :D Most are black or silver, so you'll not lose it in the car park :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23434 on: 28 February 2022, 09:32:42 »

Pulled the rear discs to adjust the handbrake on the Alabama Mumsybus and discovered that it requires new shoes as one side the friction material is cracked and missing a quarter of the material  ??? . May as well do the discs and pads whilst I'm at it...

That wouldn't surprise on you on a recently acquired Omega, so why does it on a Mercedes? It's the same system, and will fail for all the same reasons

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23435 on: 28 February 2022, 09:59:17 »

Of all the cars that I have owned, most have had shoe/drum parking brakes. This is the first that has required the shoes to be replaced for anything other than wear... The last was a Mk2 Granada.

From the state of the shoes on that side, and anecdotal evidence on that hub, someone used heat to swap out the bearing without stripping the hub down.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23436 on: 28 February 2022, 13:20:29 »

Had One Never Drive Another

I've owned 2 Honda engined cars, and both have been cracking engines for what they are, albeit desperately uneconomical.  Obviously I ragged the tits off them.  Both broke down, but virtually every car I've had has left me stranded at the side of the road at some point.

Not sure I'm old enough yet to actually own a Honda badged car, last time I checked I don't leak wee ;D

Hope it serves you well :y
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23437 on: 28 February 2022, 14:48:40 »

I've owned 2 Honda engined cars, and both have been cracking engines for what they are, albeit desperately uneconomical.  Obviously I ragged the tits off them.  Both broke down, but virtually every car I've had has left me stranded at the side of the road at some point.

Not sure I'm old enough yet to actually own a Honda badged car, last time I checked I don't leak wee ;D

Maybe they are trying to tell you something ?  :-\ ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23438 on: 28 February 2022, 14:50:57 »

Friday

Replaced front pads on project, unfortunately a bit early but a seized slider pin had caused one side to wear unevenly. Fortunately I had a fully rebuilt set of calipers and brackets so I had a spare to get the job done quickly in the fading light. Never had a pin seize on an Omega (Plenty on IS200's!), the dust boot had come unattached from the bracket and obviously the grease got washed out and replaced with water :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23439 on: 28 February 2022, 14:55:30 »

Maybe they are trying to tell you something ?  :-\ ;D
The ones that haven't are TBE and Project TB1 (as that made it home under its on "steam" (literally)).

Every other one has either needed a tow, or clever men to get it going again.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23440 on: 28 February 2022, 15:19:05 »

It's funny you mention that, as around our way the Honda Jazz and Honda CRV's are driven by dead people. They have literally died at the wheel and some form of bodily twitching must keep the car rolling, albeit at a rediculously slow speed. Whenever we come up behind a slow car, my Mrs says "before you start ranting I can see it's a CRV/Jazz".   ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23441 on: 28 February 2022, 19:42:41 »

It's funny you mention that, as around our way the Honda Jazz and Honda CRV's are driven by dead people. They have literally died at the wheel and some form of bodily twitching must keep the car rolling, albeit at a rediculously slow speed. Whenever we come up behind a slow car, my Mrs says "before you start ranting I can see it's a CRV/Jazz".   ;D
Exactly. Or Nissan Qasqai's/Jokes.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23442 on: 28 February 2022, 20:48:09 »

Collected some previously ordered bits and bobs for the Alabama Mumsybus and got them fitted. Hopefully have the parking brakes gubbins ready for the weekend...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23443 on: 28 February 2022, 23:37:14 »

They drive Nissan Micras round here, and whoever owns the Nissan dealership near Sidmouth must be extremely wealthy as they all have his sticker in the back window.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23444 on: 01 March 2022, 00:25:23 »

They drive Nissan Micras round here, and whoever owns the Nissan dealership near Sidmouth must be extremely wealthy as they all have his sticker in the back window.  :)

It's the small Kia round here , there's hundreds of them in Sainsbury's car park whenever we go there !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.