Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 70085 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: US Election
« Reply #135 on: 28 October 2020, 20:07:06 »

In theory your right. For me though, the big picture is that the Liberal left are slowly destroying the Western world from the inside out. Probably with no clue they are doing it.
Trump is at least a bump in the road in that process, as is Brexit. Whether the pendulum can be swung back to the sensible middle position for good remains to be seen.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 28 October 2020, 20:16:55 »

If most of the (younger) population belong to the liberal left, then that's obvious the way things will go. But it will be a slow, and probably messy, process, nowt for you or I to worry about. Picture yourself as your own grandad, Albs, always worrying about how the world was going and hankering for the way it was/is. Life goes on, just not for much longer for me and you.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 28 October 2020, 20:20:42 »

It is almost a summary of what is wrong in both the US and the rest of the world when the "slagging off" of the opposition with derisory, often totatly untrue "sound bites" or "clips" is now deemed to be "exceptional campaigning"

Truth, honesty, integrity ... who cares .. all that matters is proving how big a dick you are... and millions of "social media addicts" both in the US and elsewhere, not only actually believe it.... but thrive on it ...
Unfortunately, as a career politician, Biden has long proven that he is lacking all three. Not that Trump's much better, but at least he says what he means and does what he says...

Inclined to disagree with such a broad statement ...

Trump: "We've rounded the corner [on coronavirus] - it's going away"

The White House's top infectious disease expert, Dr Anthony Fauci, has disputed the president's assertion that the US is turning a corner, calling the latest statistics "disturbing".

Around 69,000 new coronavirus cases a day are being reported across the US, up from around 50,000 a day at the start of October, according to the Covid Tracking Project.

There has been a 6% increase in cases in the past week, and daily deaths are averaging just under 800.

Try asking the realtives of the 200,000 who have died in the the US if they agree with your statement .....
232,085 in fact. Or 0.0689% of the total population, of which 2.97% have been confirmed to have had Batflu.

Since January.

Or here... 45,385, or 0.067%

That's as a percentage of total population, of which 1. 47% has been confirmed to have had Batflu.

6, 7, 8 digit numbers make for dramatic headlines, but they have absolutely ZERO context.

But as long as the police get to spend Christmas raiding peoples homes, I am sure that everything will be fine  :-X

As you seem to like large digit statistics with little applied context .. try this ...

"USA has 4% of the world's population, but 20% of the deaths".

The US population is around 328 million, which is just over 4% of the 7.7 billion global population.

There have been over 225,000 coronavirus deaths recorded in the US, according to the latest John Hopkins University data. The total number of deaths recorded worldwide is around 1,161,000.

On this metric, the US accounts for over 19% of Covid-19 deaths worldwide, although the way countries record their figures varies considerably.

and this in what is supposedly the most advanced country in the world ..... A statement totally ignored by Mr Trump, as he does with anything he can't argue against.
It's actually nearer 15% of the global total, not to let that get in the way of an argument  ::)

And the highest proportion was/is New York, thanks in no small part to Cuomo and DeBlasio and their handling of the situation. In fact a SEVENTH of ALL deaths in the US are in New York, and two thirds are within the NYC.

The remaining 6/7ths are spead across 49 other States :-X

So to give the whole thing some perspective, compare Apples with Apples instead of trying to compare them with Sweet Potatoes  ::)

United States:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Europe: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Did Trump create Batflu? No.
Did he give the individual States the responsibility to manage their own responses? Yes.
Did he give them Federal assistance when they  asked for it? Yes.
Has he advocated trying to keep everything up and running instead of completely destrying the economy, "The cure simply can not be worse than the disease..."? Yes.
Had he not closed the US borders when he did, it has been suggested that ten times as many Americans would have died. Had we closed ours at the same time, how many might not have died?

Also Dr Fauchi, along with pretty much every expert appointed and self proclaimed alike, have changed their opinion as things have developed. Hell even the WHO has changed its official advice several times since January...
« Last Edit: 28 October 2020, 20:25:31 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 28 October 2020, 20:26:01 »

If most of the (younger) population belong to the liberal left, then that's obvious the way things will go. But it will be a slow, and probably messy, process, nowt for you or I to worry about. Picture yourself as your own grandad, Albs, always worrying about how the world was going and hankering for the way it was/is. Life goes on, just not for much longer for me and you.  ;D

Well, I was very much on the left when I was young, so I hope the youth of today grow out of it as I did.
My Grandads were long gone before I was born so I wouldnt know about that.  :D
Had a Step Grandad on my Mums side but the only things he was worried about were getting away with theft, GBH and murder. And having an endless supply of booze without working or paying for it ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 28 October 2020, 20:27:15 »

The either grow up to being self sufficient centre ground residents or remain bitter whiny bitches.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 28 October 2020, 20:29:33 »

Well, I was very much on the left when I was young, so I hope the youth of today grow out of it as I did.
Had a Step Grandad on my Mums side but the only things he was worried about were getting away with theft, GBH and murder. And having an endless supply of booze without working or paying for it ::) ;D
Or better still, take the money from someone else to buy a round, get your own drink and pocket the change...  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 28 October 2020, 20:30:01 »

Politics never bothered him, then. All the hot air that is expended won't make a jot of difference, either here or across the pond. Buy your midlife crisis, when the time is right, and fick them all.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 28 October 2020, 20:34:03 »

Your right old boy.  :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 28 October 2020, 21:58:54 »

Andy B back, too. Yay, welcome back, Andy  :y
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 28 October 2020, 22:33:46 »

Ahh, you’re back :y
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 30 October 2020, 19:42:18 »

The USA, a true democracy. Not like some small African country where, on the result of an election being released, the defeated party cries foul and takes to the streets to murder, burn and loot.
Why, then, have Walmart removed all the guns on display to the back of the store? (It still amazes me you can buy a gun with your breakfast cereal). Why are stores ordering in ply to shutter up on the days the result is known?
It may not happen, but the fact that it can even be imagined is a portent of the way America is going. Xi must be pissing himself.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 30 October 2020, 19:48:01 »

And the Republican governor of Texas doing everything in his power to stop the black and Hispanic voters (the majority in that state, and the majority in the US in 25 years) from getting to cast their vote. It beggars belief, it really does. They are no better, in fact they are worse, than the countries they accuse of fixing the outcome.

That's both parties, btw, I'm not taking sides.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 20:00:54 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 30 October 2020, 20:17:07 »

The USA, a true democracy. Not like some small African country where, on the result of an election being released, the defeated party cries foul and takes to the streets to murder, burn and loot.
Why, then, have Walmart removed all the guns on display to the back of the store? (It still amazes me you can buy a gun with your breakfast cereal). Why are stores ordering in ply to shutter up on the days the result is known?
It may not happen, but the fact that it can even be imagined is a portent of the way America is going. Xi must be pissing himself.
Mostly because every time someone who shouldn't probably have access to anything pointier than a biro insists on committing suicide by law enforcement, BLM and Antifa insist on peaceful protest wanton rioting and looting in the face of lefty mayors not standing up to them.

Eventually the silent majority will bite back.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 30 October 2020, 20:38:16 »

Mostly because every time someone who shouldn't probably have access to anything pointier than a biro insists on committing suicide by law enforcement, BLM and Antifa insist on peaceful protest wanton rioting and looting in the face of lefty mayors not standing up to them.

Eventually the silent majority will bite back.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 20:40:22 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 30 October 2020, 20:40:34 »

No one is silent in that cesspit, it's the shoutiest place on earth. You reckon the rest of the world is in trouble if Biden wins, I reckon the world is in deep shit, full stop, and America is only adding to that shit. Give it 10/20 years and the good old US of A will implode and I, for one, will be glad to see the back of it.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.