Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157421 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #270 on: 21 May 2012, 18:22:40 »

I wont be getting into any debate subject.. but I must say my omega is 15 years old.. still in good nick and I will continue to spend for it as far as I have in my pocket.. Just recently purchased new alloys which requires custom built spacers/pcd changers.. and finally I have finished the problem of 5x110 standard..

What happened to the ones you were restoring a year or so ago CEM?

I restored a set for clit.. another set for omega recently.. will use them for winter.. epoxy painted.. 10 days ago.. dried.. and waiting for final sanding and paint.. but couldnt find time.. the new set is ready waiting for tires but budget needs some time for purchasing brand new tires..  also car needs paint but due to some events its delayed for some time.. :-\

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 21 May 2012, 18:23:53 »

Further, to answer Trainman1's point, I appreciate that not all use the english language as teachers would like, for varying reasons, so I try not to be a pedant and correct errors as some others do.

Its not a 2nd year high school edumaction place we have here, its about fixing cars and having a giggle in the process....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 21 May 2012, 18:24:30 »

Text speak was born in the time when characters were everything, trying to cram as much information as possible in a single message. Also element of speed of typing, but I always used auto-predict.

Its no longer required, contracts have practically unlimited messages, most modern phones have full qwerty keyboards too. There is no need for it.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 21 May 2012, 18:37:01 »

I never use text speak, when texting, e-mailing or in any other form.

We have no spealling and grammar police, nor do I care if people spell things wrong, as it's obvious what they mean 99% of the time, but taking that extra 20 seconds to make sure everything makes sense is worth it in my opinion.
I think Tunnie is unfairly singled out. He rightly points out when sometimes it is very hard to understand what someone is saying.
I will also agree that CAPITAL LETTERS MAKE THINGS HARDER TO UNDERSTAND.
The shouting aspect of it makes no difference to me, I just don't understand why it's in capitals?
Watch this Top Gear video from 4.00 onwards, explains capitals nicely...and we get to see a Vauxhall VXR  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QypmXbwD1k

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 21 May 2012, 18:41:20 »

Use of caps - it annoys me more than a tad but I do try to remind folks nicely when its used.  Sometimes, after a bad day and further grief at home, I get snappy

Text speak?  Perhaps its becoming more used in the next generation to me (indeed, the next generation after that, truth be told...) but that does not mean I expect to see books, newspapers, letters, flyers, magazines, internet search results, forums or any other 'printed' media anytime soon and as such, see its use as just another example of intellect getting distilled into the brainwashed masses.

As to its use on here?  No, thanks very much....   :)

:o :o snappy  ;D ;D but it is always a good read even though i have to google some of the words :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #275 on: 21 May 2012, 18:48:40 »

and also if we will be fair about newbies - oldies.. I still remember   too many cases where old members (including me) facing "unusual" behaviours from newbies in general help section.. One was also Lizzie which she later gave up for general help.. :-\

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 21 May 2012, 18:49:04 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me(they really nark master tunnie)as he likes to constantly tell people,text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now

1) Capitols is a web standard, not just this forum, I'm just one of many who remind members.

2) Text speak is not how people communicate now, I never see it at work or with my mates. Its for retard chavs who think its "cool". Many people don't understand it, its a good thats its against the rules. You no longer have to squeeze a message into a 160 character limit for a SMS, this is a forum with a 6000 character limit per post, you have a keyboard, use it  ;)

just dont be a warrior or you will upset the tigers gonads :y

fark orf lovecock  :-* :-* ;D ;D

And please, its MR TIGERS_GONADS to you  ;D ;D

no need to shout i am not deaf Mr Giters Nadogs just dick lettuce ;D ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 21 May 2012, 19:02:29 »

personnally the capitols dont bother me(they really nark master tunnie)as he likes to constantly tell people,text speak doesnt bother me as it does some others it is how people communicate now

1) Capitols is a web standard, not just this forum, I'm just one of many who remind members.

2) Text speak is not how people communicate now, I never see it at work or with my mates. Its for retard chavs who think its "cool". Many people don't understand it, its a good thats its against the rules. You no longer have to squeeze a message into a 160 character limit for a SMS, this is a forum with a 6000 character limit per post, you have a keyboard, use it  ;)
the unofficial admin speaks again,thats a strong statement to declare that...text speak is NOT how people communicate now..im afraid it is old bean just that the masses on here are of an older generation and thats not an offence its fact,how many of you have kids and there thumbs work like lightening on the phone buttons.it sometimes seems that as soon as a newbie arrives and speaks in text or capitols theyre jumped on and tunnie the way you approach and reply to posts sometimes is arrogant,its not your site...its not your rules and you need to engage brain before mouth sometimes as your that quick to post you have often been wrong and blame it on not reading the original post properly(whats the matter are the words too long to read for you,maybe it should be abbreviated into text  ::);)
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 19:11:29 by hercules »

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 21 May 2012, 19:04:43 »

just dont be a warrior or you will upset the tigers gonads :y

fark orf lovecock  :-* :-* ;D ;D

And please, its MR TIGERS_GONADS to you  ;D ;D

no need to shout i am not deaf Mr Giters Nadogs just dick lettuce ;D ;D

Hang on a minute while I google that  ;D ;D ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 21 May 2012, 19:10:59 »

wow that was freaky great song though :o :o ;D ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 21 May 2012, 19:14:19 »

the unofficial admin speaks again,thats a strong statement to declare that...text speak is NOT how people communicate now..im afraid it is old bean just that the masses on here are of an older generation and thats not an offence its fact,how many of you have kids and there thumbs work like lightening on the phone buttons.it sometimes seems that as soon as a newbie arrives and speaks in text or capitols theyre jumped on and tunnie the way you approach and reply to posts sometimes is arrogant,its not your site...its not your rules and you need to engage brain before mouth sometimes as your that quick to post you have often been wrong and blame it on not reading the original post properly(whats the matter are the words too long to read for you,maybe it should be abbreviated into text  ::);)
LOL  :D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 21 May 2012, 19:31:06 »

Anyway Jaime, how do you think we can improve the forum  :-X :-X :-X ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 21 May 2012, 19:46:24 »

with regards to the gramer spelling and text talk.some people like my self have difficulty spelling and putting a letter together,weather its to do with a disability or as in my case a very bad education (not going to school ) lol

but as a few of you know i hold a responsable job not an educated one  but each day can have over a 1000 lives in my hands !!!!!
but because im not good at spelling dose it make me a bad person ............i think not.

re the guide section could a link not be put in the  page header with it being lit by the migys head lights ????

but lets all be friends and get on let bygons be bygons make love not war ect ect
Of course not trainmanone :y

*BUT*, from your previous posts, it seems you put effort in to make yourself understood. Some don't. Whether its learning difficulties of some description (including bunking off all lessons ;D), or laziness, if people don't make an effort to make things readable/understandable, I rarely make the effort to read it ;). Life is short, and my priorities are not to spend ages trying to understand an unreadable post.

From a technical viewpoint, text speak, and to a lesser extent, very poor grammar, crucifies our internet rankings and search demographics, which I've spent the last 6 years working stupidly hard to hone...
Grumpy old man

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #284 on: 21 May 2012, 19:54:17 »

Anyway Jaime, how do you think we can improve the forum  :-X :-X :-X ;D

I think some improvements have already happened after some of the things I have read in this thread - well maneuvered TB

Just to add my 2p worth.

After having been on here for a year(ish) it appears to me that the forum has evolved to it's current status due to the demands made on it and the (well) implemented solutions. It occurs to me that it will continue to evolve when good suggestions are made and implemented.

There is nothing basically wrong with the forum and by all accounts the best one to be found. All credit to it's founders, developers , management and members. There is, in my mind, only one problem with anything of this ilk and that probably includes places like Facebook, twitter etc etc.

People  ::)

And this can never be resolved

2 penny worth spent

Phil
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 19:57:15 by Philbutt »
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.