Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discount Codes  (Read 922 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Discount Codes
« on: 13 August 2023, 19:19:22 »

Have had a 28" 4K monitor for a few years now, very impresed with it. :y

So I now fancy a bigger monitor. ::)

Looked to go 32" but dont see too much gain for myself, with my health and eyesight I run the 28" @ 1440 as the text is a struggle @ 2160

Acer do a 35" screen but I was never quick enough to get one at the right price or in stock, they were obviouly very popular. :-\

So had a look round and decided on Asus again,  Options are 34" and 38" obviously a big hike in price for the bigger screen but on the checkout they have a code link for discounts and if I can find one then the bigger screen might be considered.. (I do a lot of spreadsheet work and suffer with the 1440 res and require the 2160 for the sake of my eyes)

Never used a discount code before so the question is are there any recomended sites to speed me through hours of searching the net. :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
Re: Discount Codes
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2023, 09:09:24 »

Honey works well, it searches all the codes and tries them all for you.  You have to register, but it seems to be ok.

The latest version of MS Edge does a similar thing out of the box assuming you are not a Anti-all-things-Microsoft type.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2023, 09:11:43 »

Have had a 28" 4K monitor for a few years now, very impresed with it. :y

So I now fancy a bigger monitor. ::)

Looked to go 32" but dont see too much gain for myself, with my health and eyesight I run the 28" @ 1440 as the text is a struggle @ 2160

Acer do a 35" screen but I was never quick enough to get one at the right price or in stock, they were obviouly very popular. :-\

So had a look round and decided on Asus again,  Options are 34" and 38" obviously a big hike in price for the bigger screen but on the checkout they have a code link for discounts and if I can find one then the bigger screen might be considered.. (I do a lot of spreadsheet work and suffer with the 1440 res and require the 2160 for the sake of my eyes)

Never used a discount code before so the question is are there any recomended sites to speed me through hours of searching the net. :y
You must have received at least one amongst all the scams you sign up for :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2023, 09:56:43 »

Interesting.  Got a Honey discount of 50% off, applied the code, was succesfully applied. :y

Checked all options and payment method, decided to use the Paypal pat in 3 option.  Clicked ok to go through to Paypal (That way it was an extra opt out option to cancel the order ) and as predicted no 50% dicount offered.

Question is am I right in thinking the discount should be showing before I purchase?

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2023, 10:47:56 »

Interesting.  Got a Honey discount of 50% off, applied the code, was succesfully applied. :y

Checked all options and payment method, decided to use the Paypal pat in 3 option.  Clicked ok to go through to Paypal (That way it was an extra opt out option to cancel the order ) and as predicted no 50% dicount offered.

Question is am I right in thinking the discount should be showing before I purchase?
If you're getting a 50% discount, stop farting around with buy now, pay later.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2023, 12:32:24 »

I bet your long suffering wife tells you to do this on a regular basis. ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2023, 14:02:02 »

Am trying my hardest, but the discount doesnt seem to be getting applied. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2023, 15:11:20 »

I bet your long suffering wife tells you to do this on a regular basis. ;D
I represent that remark  :)
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2023, 15:12:46 »

Most discount codes are fake.  Accept it and move on, life is too short.

If you want the item at the selling price, buy it. If you don't, don't.

Cashback sites are generally better, as the do what they claim, but usually only a few %.  Because the markups often are nowhere near what the fake discount codes claim....
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 August 2023, 17:17:53 »

Turned out to be a load of coblers (as TB said)

Spoke to Aus and as expected the only discount codes they except are the ones they create themselves. :-\

No rush, will keep on looking for now. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 August 2023, 18:19:38 »

If you don't mind second hand keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace. I got some really good monitors from there quite cheap a while ago from gamers who had upgraded to the latest models.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.