Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I Give In  (Read 1573 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: I Give In
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2023, 16:54:28 »

Been tinkering for years, when I started with the Amstrad no one was willing to help so I learnt the hard way. A group of us leanrt from each other, one of my mates leart graphic/web sites and to date has done some quite well known sites.

I allways had a car boot full of goodies and have upgraded/built PC's for mates etc.  Plus locally I was quite central to a lot of the growing computer sellers like Ebuyer when they 1st started out at worksop (Choice Peripherals- I think it was called) Plus there were a few big recycling places where I obtained loads of parts to build with.

Also helped to start a couple of shops selling PC's but didnt like to be tied to one place all the time.

Compared yourself and Mark along with many others on here I class myself as a complete novice.  My claim to fame is I have saved people a fortune, learnt a bit and made a few bob whilst learning.

I enjoy solving problems as I learn (or try to) something every time.  at the moment I just went through a bad patch of nothing going right, and that doesnt just include the PC (seems the vid driver is a massive issue to many - so felt like I was fight ing a battle I could not win), so the gremlins have been having a field day.

Despite how I may come accross, I would like to say to everyone on here (Not just Jamie and the rest of the team) I appreciate all the help wether its PC or the Omegas.  What I have learnt on here has at times been passed on to others and hopefully some of these people have joind the OOF as result. :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 September 2023, 17:33:00 »

Despite how I may come accross
You've never come across as anything other than sincere, so don't worry there.  Just sounded like you were at the end of your tether.

Bad shit happens. I've spent most of the week trying to pin down why a big brand server's 25Gb ports could not talk to a market leading switch with 100Gb ports, via the standard 100Gb MPT to 4 x 25Gb FC passive devices.  The shit should "just work".  Fortunately, found a snippet on Intel's site about the NIC chip used in the server when used with specific Cisco switches, hinting at a possible solution, and then spending forever trying to find out how to implement the setting in the big brand server's BIOS.  And now we're 4 days in, and I've still not got a link light ;D
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2023, 18:40:57 »

Crazy isnt it.

I have been getting erorrs on my latest spread sheet.  Closing balance from balance brought forward, all the most basic stuff. add/subtract all items inbetween (no formulas) Basic cash flow stuff.  No matter what I did it wouldnt work, Link when error checked etc, Renew the brought/carried forward totals. tried the lot.

Problem was simple, but a random one.  Wire in to the keyboard was fractured and as its not a normal thing I would have checked I will know in the futue. :y

Like I say, lots of stuppid little things, just been one of those weeks. ::)

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2023, 18:47:19 »

Despite how I may come accross
You've never come across as anything other than sincere, so don't worry there.  Just sounded like you were at the end of your tether.

Bad shit happens. I've spent most of the week trying to pin down why a big brand server's 25Gb ports could not talk to a market leading switch with 100Gb ports, via the standard 100Gb MPT to 4 x 25Gb FC passive devices.  The shit should "just work".  Fortunately, found a snippet on Intel's site about the NIC chip used in the server when used with specific Cisco switches, hinting at a possible solution, and then spending forever trying to find out how to implement the setting in the big brand server's BIOS.  And now we're 4 days in, and I've still not got a link light ;D

Simple fix, shut it down, unplug anything simple, cards, modules etc, plus cables, plug it all back in, reboot, if not fixed, retry twice, if no joy I have a good selection of hammers and mallets, They range from a small rubber hammer, then a Thor nylon one, upto the copper head moving upto to the sladge hammer.

Kills or cures most computer hardware. ::) :y

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.