Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Tool - Advice  (Read 3076 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Tool - Advice
« Reply #45 on: 30 October 2023, 15:44:59 »

I have a pair of battery Dysons as well, both V8's. Despite my initial reservations before getting them, I have to say they do work for day to day vacuuming.  Given the amount of dust we get here, I have a vacuum out round some part of the house daily.

But we still have the corded vacuums for those days when you move the furniture and clean properly.

The batteries on the V8 are "almost good enough", and last about 20 mins on normal setting with a motorised brush bar.  Or about 15m on max mode with a crevice tool.  Which is usually good enough to do a quick vacuum of entire house, or vac the car.

The battery inevitably fails after 3 or 4 years (not bad, seeing ours live on their charging docks), but there are plenty of chinky replacements for £25, and they are easy to change, like most Dyson parts.
Move the furniture? I do that when we get a new carpet.

Is that something you're supposed to do?  :-\

Last time I moved furniture was for some decorating, and a chest of drawers that hadn't moved for 25 odd years objected and promptly fell apart.  :(     ::)      ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30 October 2023, 15:53:54 »

Our one Dyson got stopped in its tracks with the static from dog hair and finally died when the dog had enough of it and chewed through the cable ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30 October 2023, 16:19:00 »

I should really replace the cable on ours .... the outer insulation is split in places, especially the bits that continually get wrapped around the cable tidy bits.

I's on my ''to-do'' list  ::)

:o
If you like to live dangerously ,Teslas and other EVs will be going cheap soon  ;)
Do you bathe with your toaster ? :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 30 October 2023, 17:13:34 »

I should really replace the cable on ours .... the outer insulation is split in places, especially the bits that continually get wrapped around the cable tidy bits.

I's on my ''to-do'' list  ::)

:o
If you like to live dangerously ,Teslas and other EVs will be going cheap soon  ;)
Do you bathe with your toaster ? :P

it's only the outer  .... no wires showing  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 30 October 2023, 18:05:02 »

Last time I moved furniture was for some decorating, and a chest of drawers that hadn't moved for 25 odd years objected and promptly fell apart.  :(     ::)      ;D
We do suffer with crazy amounts of dust here.  I think it blows in off the fields, especially at harvesting times, but also the wind whips up the soil a bit.  2 useless, festering moggies don't help either ;D
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 30 October 2023, 18:34:04 »

I have a pair of battery Dysons as well, both V8's. Despite my initial reservations before getting them, I have to say they do work for day to day vacuuming.  Given the amount of dust we get here, I have a vacuum out round some part of the house daily.

But we still have the corded vacuums for those days when you move the furniture and clean properly.

The batteries on the V8 are "almost good enough", and last about 20 mins on normal setting with a motorised brush bar.  Or about 15m on max mode with a crevice tool.  Which is usually good enough to do a quick vacuum of entire house, or vac the car.

The battery inevitably fails after 3 or 4 years (not bad, seeing ours live on their charging docks), but there are plenty of chinky replacements for £25, and they are easy to change, like most Dyson parts.
Move the furniture? I do that when we get a new carpet.
Quite right too, now i'm in the high seventies and with a bloody great three piece suite with no castors, the dust and bits can damn well stay there.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 30 October 2023, 18:58:56 »

We do suffer with crazy amounts of dust here. I think it blows in off the fields, especially at harvesting times, but also the wind whips up the soil a bit.  2 useless, festering moggies don't help either ;D

Dust is just insulation. It helps keep the house warm.  It's also like asbestos. It's harmless unless you disturb it. So don't!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 30 October 2023, 19:31:02 »

I dont have an issue with dust - untill someone write thier name in it. ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.