Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Now is the time to say goodbye - 'Goodbye' "  (Read 4351 times)

ted_one

Re: "Now is the time to say goodbye - 'Goodbye' "
« Reply #15 on: 25 September 2016, 10:16:28 »

If it's MOT'd and it's got a bit of rent on it,then we'll come and get it,think of the space that you'll have when that rusting old piece of Luton's worst gets gone  ;) :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 September 2016, 16:17:21 »

If it's MOT'd and it's got a bit of rent on it,then we'll come and get it,think of the space that you'll have when that rusting old piece of Luton's worst gets gone  ;) :y

Sorry, I might be a bit thick, but "a bit of rent " ? What do you mean ?

(Reminder to self, go and take thoise pictures !)

Had a letter telling me that it was no longer on insurance database, well I know that ! BUT seems I have to SORN it or get fined. Strange I thought no insurance was ok if car is off public road.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

ted_one

« Reply #17 on: 25 September 2016, 16:40:30 »

Oh sorry old chap!,rent is a colloquialism for road tax,sorry to confuse one.I think it's the people I'm mixing with,a thorough bad lot :) I think you have answered the question enough to figure out that the car's a trailer job if sold as a spares or repair.Useful stuff like engine/gearbox, interior etc pose a bit of a problem,if someone wants them,then they will have to come and remove etc,pity that you are so far away, :(

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 25 September 2016, 17:25:10 »

Sorry, I might be a bit thick, but "a bit of rent " ? What do you mean ?

(Reminder to self, go and take thoise pictures !)

Had a letter telling me that it was no longer on insurance database, well I know that ! BUT seems I have to SORN it or get fined. Strange I thought no insurance was ok if car is off public road.
Statuary off road notice.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 September 2016, 17:37:55 »

Strange I thought no insurance was ok if car is off public road.

It is, but you're not allowed to have road tax on it if there's no insurance on it  :y ie as Stemo says, you need to SORN it  ;)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 September 2016, 22:11:27 »

Oh sorry old chap!,rent is a colloquialism for road tax,sorry to confuse one.I think it's the people I'm mixing with,a thorough bad lot :) I think you have answered the question enough to figure out that the car's a trailer job if sold as a spares or repair.Useful stuff like engine/gearbox, interior etc pose a bit of a problem,if someone wants them,then they will have to come and remove etc,pity that you are so far away, :(

Discussing with SWMBO. Spend cash or not. We already have two Volvo estates. Seems bit daft spending on a 13 year old car that we don't need. Think that we'd rather spend money on a runabout, like a Mazda MX5. Will get some details in "Sale" section soon.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 September 2016, 22:22:38 »

Std hoofland offer, if it's a rare silver one, £100 delivered, we pay your train home, and we might buy you dinner. :D
Hoof'land storeman.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 September 2016, 01:23:55 »

law changed in 2011 now you have to SORN it if you have no insurance even if it is hidden in your garage.  http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/news/car-off-the-road-you-still-need-insurance/0026575/

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 September 2016, 17:11:48 »

Discussing with SWMBO. Spend cash or not. We already have two Volvo estates. Seems bit daft spending on a 13 year old car that we don't need. Think that we'd rather spend money on a runabout, like a Mazda MX5. Will get some details in "Sale" section soon.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=137389.0

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.