Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Lights  (Read 1667 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Lights
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2008, 12:41:52 »

I know where you're coming from Lizzie, my wee lad is 1 on Thursday and I would never dream of leaving him unattended in the car.
When he's asleep and we arrive home I just sit and wait till he wakes up, and we live on a quiet estate where I'm sure nothing would ever happen, but I'm damned if I'm taking that chance!

The manual says button is for 'disabling passenger compartment monitoring eg. if animals are to be left in vehicle'
[/highlight]

Absolutely right Jules! :y  Your children are just too precious to take the risk ;) ;)  Animals maybe, but never children! ;) :y
We were often left in car when kids, but a different generation I guess.  We were taught to lock the doors, and only let mum or dad in.

And we were also taught to cross the roads, and were allowed to go out and play all day long.
Grumpy old man

FRE07962128

« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2008, 13:14:47 »

I know where you're coming from Lizzie, my wee lad is 1 on Thursday and I would never dream of leaving him unattended in the car.
When he's asleep and we arrive home I just sit and wait till he wakes up, and we live on a quiet estate where I'm sure nothing would ever happen, but I'm damned if I'm taking that chance!

The manual says button is for 'disabling passenger compartment monitoring eg. if animals are to be left in vehicle'
[/highlight]

Absolutely right Jules! :y  Your children are just too precious to take the risk ;) ;)  Animals maybe, but never children! ;) :y
We were often left in car when kids, but a different generation I guess.  We were taught to lock the doors, and only let mum or dad in.

And we were also taught to cross the roads, and were allowed to go out and play all day long.

I agree, when I grew up in the fifties early sixties we played in the road, next to railway lines, didn't wear seat belts in cars, sat in cigarette smoke filled rooms,  walked in 'pea-souper' fogs / smogs,  had parents drive us when they were drunk, climbed trees, balanced on the edge of tall buildings, went playing on our own for hours.  But then I  twice narrowarly missed death by inches on the road, had a man expose himself to me, and another one try to entice me into a secluded area, and brought a whole section of massonary down almost on top of my brother when playing a (very dangerous) game!

That WAS a different generation, and a dangerous one that had been through a major World War and life threatening risks were everyday ocurrances.  Now why take unnecessary risks with our children when we know better, although I would be the first to admit that life is really one big risk.  We now just try to aviod them whenever possible. :y

It is worth remembering that the worst year for road deaths in the UK was in I believe 1933 / 1934 when 3,500 people died on our roads; in 1935 the Driving Test was introduced.  Since then a constant drive to make our lives safer on and off roads has been continued, and Health & Safety has been progressed generally, which at times does seem OTT but has made a world just a bit safer for all.  The bottom line is why take unnecessary risks when you don't have to? ;) ;)

alank46

• Intermediate Member
  • South Devon
    • 3L Elite Estate 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2008, 17:09:52 »

Hi
We sometimes leave the dog in our estate car with the rear hatch open, but the cabin dead locked.  That button is handy then!
Alan
Elite now gone.  Bought an X-Type 4x4.  If there had been an Omega 4x4 I would have bought that instead.  We really liked the Omega, but I wanted 4x4.

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2008, 19:04:31 »

when I noticed the alarm switch on the dash, any on know what it does? ....

With the man running away from 3 curved lines? It turns the ultrasonic sensors off at the top of the B posts so you can leave kids/dogs inside the car with it locked but without the alarm triggering cos they're inside.

Or leave the sunroof open! :y
Do it right, do it once................

RobWheatley

• Lordswood, Chatham, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2008, 22:30:34 »

I thought kids were supposed to be in a sound proof box in the boot not inside the car ;D

omega si

• Leeds, West Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2008, 23:23:31 »

Instead of leaving the sunroof open, you could always just press the Auto button if you're planning on not leaving the car too long.

Options options lol

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2008, 23:26:05 »

Instead of leaving the sunroof open, you could always just press the Auto button if you're planning on not leaving the car too long.

Options options lol

Only an option for face lift cars.  ;)

Humpy

• Intermediate Member
  • Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2008, 00:22:37 »

Ooooooohhh ...... a butterfly detector   What will they think of next  
 ;D ;D ;D

Humpy
« Last Edit: 08 May 2008, 00:23:56 by Humpy »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.