Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final MoT checks  (Read 806 times)

hotsawz

• View Profile
Final MoT checks
« on: 09 May 2008, 08:34:35 »

Just about to put the "race prepped" 3.0 V6 through the MoT after it being on axel stands for 2 years and I have a few little issues.

Indicators light up when switched but don't flash. They are still wired into the relay but the relay isn’t clicking. Not sure whether to ditch the relay and start again. If I do, can I just purchase a generic relay from Halfords and wire that in? If so, does it just get wired in line or are there other complexities? Assuming I can then get that working, do I just wire a separate switch into the relay to turn both LH and RH on for the hazard?

Once all that’s done, does anyone know whether I’ll need to get some sort of audible warning for the MoT and does the interior dash mounted indicator light need to show which direction I’m turning i.e. will I need 2 lights or just one going from the positive feel the 2 way switch that I flick for left and right?

Also, as the car was originally fitted with ABS, do I have to provide a warning light or can I not just say the ABS has been removed?

Hope all that makes sense.

I got my 205 45 Toyo Proxes fitted yesterday and can’t wait to put them through their paces. Trouble is I now have enough room round the arches to stow a collections of small mammals and all my luggage. Maybe I’ll drop it another 40mm?

Cheers for your held in advance.

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
Re: Final MoT checks
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2008, 10:10:22 »

Your indicaters dont need to show you what direction your going so just one light will do. Dont think no abs is a failure as the brake test does not test your abs just your stopping power really (i think)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2008, 10:28:40 »

...... Dont think no abs is a failure as the brake test does not test your abs just your stopping power really (i think)

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_340.htm

I'm sure that if ABS is fitted then it has to work. ....... but there again I'm not an MOT tester.  ::)  :y
« Last Edit: 09 May 2008, 10:30:06 by Andy_B »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2008, 14:42:15 »

Have you messed with the hazard switch, its normaly this that affects the falshing of the indicators....try pressing it a few times.

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2008, 14:48:11 »

Under normal circumstances if the indicators don't flash it's the flashing relay that needs replaced but it sounds like you've been fooling with the wiring so not sure how to advise on that.  Pretty sure it will fail the MOT if they don't flash as I was pulled by the police in my old Jetta many moons ago because the flashing unit wasn't working.  I had to get it re-MOT'd to get the car back on the road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2008, 15:46:56 »

Under normal circumstances if the indicators don't flash it's the flashing relay that needs replaced but it sounds like you've been fooling with the wiring so not sure how to advise on that.  Pretty sure it will fail the MOT if they don't flash as I was pulled by the police in my old Jetta many moons ago because the flashing unit wasn't working.  I had to get it re-MOT'd to get the car back on the road.

Not on Vx's its not.....not seen a flasher relay fail yet but replaced plenty of hazard switches  :y

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2008, 16:06:07 »

Not on Vx's its not.....not seen a flasher relay fail yet but replaced plenty of hazard switches  :y

I stand corrected Mark.  Sorry thought it would be same for most cars!  Ignore me.  ::) : :-[

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2008, 00:37:45 »

I'd agree... Probably the hazard switch!

As for the abs... I don't think it's a fail unless the light stays on but it will fail he the abs light stays on! If you've removed the abs then just take the warning lamp bulb out!  ;) ;) :y

I don't think the abs is actually tested... At least it never used to be! :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.