Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants to earn some money. I need help  (Read 489 times)

hotsawz

• View Profile
Who wants to earn some money. I need help
« on: 05 August 2008, 14:15:14 »

Hey guys n' gals.

After 3 years I've "finished" my Omega 3.0 Elite and it's gone in for it's MoT but it has failed on a host of electrical faults.

The car has basically been stripped out and it has a single seat with most of the original Elite wiring loom haging where the dash was but getting the last few things sorted is proving beyond me.

I'm sure an experience Omega enthusiast would take a look at it and be able to connect the relevant wires to make the last few things work for the MoT in a matter of minutes.

The things it's failed on are:

Indicators turning on but not flashing
No indicator warning lights
No ABS warning light (largely because the dash console with the original lights has been removed)
Horn not wired up (I have a button)
Headlight flasher switch not wired up (I have a switch)
No hazard warning switch not installed

If someone fancies earning some cash to try and sort the car out I'd be forever indented.

The car is in Cheltenham ATM but I can prob get it to Bristol if that's easier for someone.

Thanks a million for reading.

Mark

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to earn some money. I need help
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2008, 15:02:14 »

I am from Cheltenham, and I am also an Omega enthusiast, but that is a LOT of problems ;D ;D

hotsawz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2008, 15:08:46 »

I am from Cheltenham, and I am also an Omega enthusiast, but that is a LOT of problems ;D ;D

So do you reckon you can help or did you just want to let me know you're from Cheltenham? :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2008, 15:14:32 »

So do you reckon you can help or did you just want to let me know you're from Cheltenham? :)

I'm the first to admit tha that while my  mechanical skills are very strong, (I know my way around a V6 quite well)  my electrical ones are most certainly not.

I'll happily drop in and take a look with you and see if we can work it out between us, but I'm not after paying for it :y

Would need to arrange a suitable time though, things are V busy for me for a few days..

hotsawz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2008, 15:24:06 »

I'm the first to admit tha that while my  mechanical skills are very strong, (I know my way around a V6 quite well)  my electrical ones are most certainly not.

I'll happily drop in and take a look with you and see if we can work it out between us, but I'm not after paying for it :y

Would need to arrange a suitable time though, things are V busy for me for a few days..

That's really sweet of you mate.

I'd defiantly want to give you something for it but we can dicuss this later.

I need to get the car MoT'd fairly soon as I have nowhere to park it and it has no tax.

Can I email you my phone number so you can let me know if and when you're free?

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2008, 16:38:46 »

electrics are simple james! just wire in relays for indicators and a few switches! abs light might be abit of a nail bitter! but its problably just a 2wire open/close circuit!

TIS or epc what ever its called should have some good wiring diagrams
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.