Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Doesn't Pay for me Anymore  (Read 2137 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Doesn't Pay for me Anymore
« Reply #15 on: 25 February 2011, 12:01:28 »

are you going to have to raise the boot floor to accomadate the tank cliff ?
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

feeutfo

« Reply #16 on: 25 February 2011, 13:27:07 »

I am humming and harring about this ::) When I bought this Mig I intended to LPg it, having bought this giving up a more economical diesel :'(  More recently my idea to lpg it has come into question :-/ and most lately the idea of buying a sub£1k diesel for work and keeping the Mig for weekends is favourite....... :-/ :-/ :-/

thats the route I took,bought a cheap 406 hdi (lovely drive as well) and in the few months that I have owned it its paid for itself already,my mig does around 23mpg knocking around locally and the 406 is doing late 40's mpg(best I've seen is 51 :D)
How does a one off diy payment of say, £700 for a diy install, cover the cost of running two cars continually?  Or an extra car i should say, Insurance, tax, mot, repairs servicing,etc every year?

Insurance alone car for two years wouod pay the kit price? Surely?  :-?

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 February 2011, 13:31:33 »

I am humming and harring about this ::) When I bought this Mig I intended to LPg it, having bought this giving up a more economical diesel :'(  More recently my idea to lpg it has come into question :-/ and most lately the idea of buying a sub£1k diesel for work and keeping the Mig for weekends is favourite....... :-/ :-/ :-/

thats the route I took,bought a cheap 406 hdi (lovely drive as well) and in the few months that I have owned it its paid for itself already,my mig does around 23mpg knocking around locally and the 406 is doing late 40's mpg(best I've seen is 51 :D)
How does a one off diy payment of say, £700 for a diy install, cover the cost of running two cars continually?  Or an extra car i should say, Insurance, tax, mot, repairs servicing,etc every year?

insurance is a non event for me as I have traders policy and the mig was getting killed doing parts pick ups for work etc with me in shitty overalls so pug works out nicely :y

edit  I have thought about the lpg route but find it hard to justify on a now 11 year old car,if I find a late 3.2 estate I may do it
« Last Edit: 25 February 2011, 13:34:07 by henryd123 »
other rides 

feeutfo

« Reply #18 on: 25 February 2011, 13:38:18 »

insurance is a non event for me as I have traders policy and the mig was getting killed doing parts pick ups for work etc with me in shitty overalls so pug works out nicely :y

edit  I have thought about the lpg route but find it hard to justify on a now 11 year old car,if I find a late 3.2 estate I may do it

Indeed, obviously length of ownership plays a part in the decission, obviously.  ::).   :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 February 2011, 13:43:37 »

Indeed, obviously length of ownership plays a part in the decission, obviously.  ::).   :y

I only bought the mig in the first place cause it was cheap and had only done 60k,it was never going to be a main car as the wifes 7 seater does most of the work
other rides 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 February 2011, 16:17:21 »

I did it to a (then) 12yr old, 163k ::)

But then, I'm mad if you listen to GayBoy Gixer
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 February 2011, 16:22:00 »

actually its not so much the age,if it was a 3.0 or 3.2 I would do it ;)
other rides 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 February 2011, 16:27:10 »

yes, though with a 2.5, you should easily get away with a single hole tank, reducing cost by around £100....
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #23 on: 25 February 2011, 16:36:48 »

break off you!  ;D

Rusty Silver bullet won't last for ever. Move on! ....  IMO.  :P

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 February 2011, 16:55:19 »

break off you!  ;D

Rusty Silver bullet won't last for ever. Move on! ....  IMO.  :P
I'm surprised its lasted this long as he's managed to kill a couple off in his time ;D
Retired

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 February 2011, 16:55:20 »

yes, though with a 2.5, you should easily get away with a single hole tank, reducing cost by around £100....

I would need the spare wheel well tank though,need the estate load bay left unmolested :y
other rides 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.