Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: best £350 ever spent  (Read 2578 times)

460coupe

• Northill, Beds
    • 2.6 Scimitar GTE 2.5 CDX
    • View Profile
best £350 ever spent
« on: 21 June 2013, 18:52:34 »

I bought Tonka's Green 2.5 CD a couple of months back, what a wast it would have been if it would have gone for scrap.
Had to put in new Dis pack today, new leads, plugs oil & filter and coolant flush & change for good measure, it ran well when I bought it but now better than ever.
My point - you can still get a bloody good car for very little money and keep it going for a lot less, third Omega I've owned and by far the best.  Wifes happy and that's got to be a plus.
Cheers Tonka
I'll Finish It One Day

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: best £350 ever spent
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2013, 19:28:55 »

Result :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2013, 20:32:32 »

Nice to hear something positive on here for a change! :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2013, 20:36:39 »

8)  :y

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2013, 20:43:07 »

I bought Tonka's Green 2.5 CD a couple of months back, what a wast it would have been if it would have gone for scrap.
Had to put in new Dis pack today, new leads, plugs oil & filter and coolant flush & change for good measure, it ran well when I bought it but now better than ever.
My point - you can still get a bloody good car for very little money and keep it going for a lot less, third Omega I've owned and by far the best.  Wifes happy and that's got to be a plus.
Cheers Tonka

Always done that , spend a few pennies getting it back in shape then its piece of mind its all done ... congrats  :y

460coupe

• Northill, Beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2013, 20:55:58 »

your right couldn't believe it still had original plugs, leads and dis pack, been well looked after just  the simple things that I would have done as a routine. Timing belt kit to go next week.
Back wheel arches bubbling front & back bumpers to be replaced from spares car and front of bonnet has  mismatched paint to sort next will bring it back to mint (great satisfaction to be had doing a bit of spraying).
Don't believe in the vanity of new cars I just buy good cars cheap and get them to how I want them. good car to start with all the same.
« Last Edit: 21 June 2013, 21:04:14 by 460coupe »
I'll Finish It One Day

omega3000

« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2013, 21:34:27 »

Aye , the car ive got was owned 8 years from the last owner and bodywork is spot on ... just wear and tare items need replacement but all will be good once done ...

460coupe

• Northill, Beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 June 2013, 21:51:30 »

when its done, that sounds familiar, my Scimitar is a bit like that my eldest lad had a couple of mates round the other day, well the engine and gear box are in it'll be on the road in six months wont it?
I don't have a time scale for it just when every thing is 101% it will be done,
i'm not doing it the easy way and dropping in the engine and connecting it to the standard loom, that was shit when they built it in 69 I'm using the entire Omega loom cut the fuel pump mount form the plastick tank an am letting it into the stainless one I have. Have you ever seen an Omega loom out of the car, bloody huge my workshops 7.5 mtrs long its hanging down both sides with loops in it !!
the Omega is being stripped of every thing I can use. ease of maintenance in the future its going to be used every day.
I'll Finish It One Day

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2013, 21:59:30 »

when its done, that sounds familiar, my Scimitar is a bit like that my eldest lad had a couple of mates round the other day, well the engine and gear box are in it'll be on the road in six months wont it?
i'm not doing it the easy way and dropping in the engine and connecting it to the standard loom, that was shit when they built it in 69 I'm using the entire Omega loom cut the fuel pump mount form the plastick tank an am letting it into the stainless one I have. Have you ever seen an Omega loom out of the car, bloody huge my workshops 7.5 mtrs long its hanging down both sides with loops in it !!
the Omega is being stripped of every thing I can use. ease of maintenance in the future its going to be used every day.

:o ;D

Only time scale i have is the Mot looming but i started doing bits and bobs on the second day of ownership .. Replaced the downpipe cat and flexi all in one as it was like a tea strainer then this week find the center section is blowing  :( Back box is ok cos its stainless but flange rusted off so got to figure a way of fixing that at some point , sometimes it feels never ending but keep plodding on till its done  :)

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2013, 22:03:20 »

Only time scale i have is the Mot looming but i started doing bits and bobs on the second day of ownership .. Replaced the downpipe cat and flexi all in one as it was like a tea strainer then this week find the center section is blowing  :( Back box is ok cos its stainless but flange rusted off so got to figure a way of fixing that at some point , sometimes it feels never ending but keep plodding on till its done  :)
come and do mine mate ;D ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2013, 22:07:48 »

come and do mine mate ;D ;D ;D

You got 2 cylinders less now ralf but the engines the wrong way round  ;D

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 June 2013, 22:21:14 »

now weather is against me  :y :y

460coupe

• Northill, Beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 June 2013, 22:37:41 »

I'd help but you live in Wales & listen to Iron Maiden, sorry couldn't take it!
I'll Finish It One Day

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 June 2013, 22:39:32 »

I'd help but you live in Wales & listen to Iron Maiden, sorry couldn't take it!
whats wrong with maiden or wales ;D ;D

460coupe

• Northill, Beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 June 2013, 22:47:09 »

South Wales, cant knock it, last time I went I went to pick up some Granada Cosworth parts, pissed withe rain in England till I hit the Severn bridge and the sun shone, only problem the 5 hour round trip
Iron maiden, Only rock I listen to is Punk
I'll Finish It One Day
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.