Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: £675 Bill from Vodafone. (Sorted, Result)  (Read 2710 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
£675 Bill from Vodafone. (Sorted, Result)
« on: 18 August 2009, 15:05:41 »

Probably my own fault I know, but gave my Oldest Son my Vodafone Data Card to use over the Summer Holidays. Got the Bill yesterday, 500 quid from July and 175 unbilled for August when I checked with them.  :o

I normally pay £12 plus Vat, for 3 GB monthly allowance, had it around 3 years now and hardly ever use it unless I’m on the road. My Son's managed to clock up over 97 GB of data just for July, at some point according to the Vodafone Data Team He's been streaming Games and Videos at 12 Mbps continuously. It took Vodafone nearly 3 Hours to download the Data sessions for July, The Guy said he's never seen anything like it.

Vodafone are saying I’ve exceeded the Fair Use Policy and the Bill needs paying, I'm sort of arguing that if the Fair Usage Policy has been exceeding that they should have informed me to cut down the usage rather than just send me the Bill. >:(

Don't think I’m going to win this one, any ideas??
« Last Edit: 19 August 2009, 12:28:56 by zirk »

STMO999

Re: £675 Bill from Vodafone.
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009, 15:21:51 »

Probably my own fault I know, but gave my Oldest Son my Vodafone Data Card to use over the Summer Holidays. Got the Bill yesterday, 500 quid from July and 175 unbilled for August when I checked with them.  :o

I normally pay £12 plus Vat, for 3 GB monthly allowance, had it around 3 years now and hardly ever use it unless I’m on the road. My Son's managed to clock up over 97 GB of data just for July, at some point according to the Vodafone Data Team He's been streaming Games and Videos at 12 Mbps continuously. It took Vodafone nearly 3 Hours to download the Data sessions for July, The Guy said he's never seen anything like it.

Vodafone are saying I’ve exceeded the Fair Use Policy and the Bill needs paying, I'm sort of arguing that if the Fair Usage Policy has been exceeding that they should have informed me to cut down the usage rather than just send me the Bill. >:(

Kill him.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2009, 15:45:32 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can top that we had a invoice for £1,700 on a datacard, a member of commerical took it to Germany. £13 a mb while roaming for downloads  :D

97gb is just insane though, must have been doing a LOT of streaming / torrent downlaods

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2009, 15:56:42 »

Kill him.

;D ;D ;D, Did think of that, but to be fair its not really He's fault, I was under the impression if you exceeded the Fair use Policy, they then slow down or restrict access, not just send the Flaming Bill!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2009, 15:59:12 »

Have a read through some of these Zirk...

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/how-to-deal-with-a-disputed-bill/your-rights/index.jsp

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/mobile/company/billing/formal/

Cheers, I'll keep them handy, just in case.

Chris  :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2009, 15:59:29 »

Kill him.

;D ;D ;D, Did think of that, but to be fair its not really He's fault, I was under the impression if you exceeded the Fair use Policy, they then slow down or restrict access, not just send the Flaming Bill!

..to assume anything in the Britian of today Zirk simply invites trouble :( :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2009, 16:03:33 »

It comes down to what's in the small print on your contract. Does it clearly state what the FUP terms are and what charges apply if it's broken or have they arbitrarily decided to start charging you?

I must say, either way, I would have expected them to have a much lower spending limit than this before the account was put on hold.

97Gb in a month though! He must have been hammering it 24/7, (and, even more remarkably must have found some decent coverage!) to do that.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2009, 16:05:07 »

Kill him.

..to assume anything in the Britian of today Zirk simply invites trouble :( :(

How true, but thinking about it now, this is what I was told when I took the Tariff on about 3 years ago when I asked the question to the Vodafone Team.

But do I have Proof or a Record of that conversation?....No. >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2009, 16:08:52 »

How true, but thinking about it now, this is what I was told when I took the Tariff on about 3 years ago when I asked the question to the Vodafone Team.

But do I have Proof or a Record of that conversation?....No. >:(

Well, it's been mis-sold then. Doesn't matter at the moment if you have proof. Just write them a letter by recorded delivery stating that this was the terms of the contract offered and unless they back down you'll raise a complaint with the regulator. Worth a try.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2009, 16:16:02 »

It comes down to what's in the small print on your contract. Does it clearly state what the FUP terms are and what charges apply if it's broken or have they arbitrarily decided to start charging you?

I must say, either way, I would have expected them to have a much lower spending limit than this before the account was put on hold.

97Gb in a month though! He must have been hammering it 24/7, (and, even more remarkably must have found some decent coverage!) to do that.

Kevin

No Signed Contract Kevin, it was done over the phone, as most Contracts are now. The Spend amount is probally coz its on a my Business Contract with my other 2 moblies.

The Coverage on Vodafone is not bad round here, up to 7.2 Mbs, although I've never managed to get more than 3.5 Mbs, They have sent me a PDF of the Data Sections for July, its all batched in 2.8 Mgb Bundles, 4 of those every second on a 3.5 Mbps stream?

Chris.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2009, 16:20:10 by zirk »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2009, 16:19:28 »

No Signed Contract Kevin, it was done over the phone, as most Contracts are now. The Spend amount is probally coz its on a my Business Contract with my other 2 moblies.

That puts even more weight on what they told you when you took it out then. The verbal agreement IS the contract. I'm sure they will have recorded that conversation, and they don't know you didn't. :y

Kevin

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2009, 16:29:24 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can top that we had a invoice for £1,700 on a datacard, a member of commerical took it to Germany. £13 a mb while roaming for downloads  :D

97gb is just insane though, must have been doing a LOT of streaming / torrent downlaods

Errm... 1 month mobile bill from CPWH... £17,777.12 :o :o :o :o

Didn't pay that though! It was a mistake on their part but if nothing else I had a credit limit of £150 on the account so was the maximum I would have paid :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2009, 16:30:50 »

That puts even more weight on what they told you when you took it out then. The verbal agreement IS the contract. I'm sure they will have recorded that conversation, and they don't know you didn't. :y

Kevin

That’s exactly what I’m saying to them, together with my length of service with them (20 years) and all the money they had when I didn't use the flaming Card.

The VodaGirl is ringing me back every 30mins to update me, but the Computer keeps saying No.

Chris.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2009, 16:34:18 by zirk »

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2009, 18:07:50 »

I think that there is an obligation upon Vodafone to inform you when you have used the service in an excessive manner compared to your normal or average usage pattern.

Even if you had been using it yourself, you're not seriously going to sitting there adding up the megabytes and reforecasting your bill after every session.

If credit card companies can spot abnormal usage, I'm sure telecom companies can too.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2009, 18:15:48 »

You have learn't the hard way that you must NEVER give a teenager to 25 year old your contract mobile phone! ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( ;) ;)

HolyCount

« Reply #16 on: 18 August 2009, 18:18:33 »

Stick to your guns mate. I hhave just hhad a row with them over a contract they said I had with them -- which I denied. I told them that I would recognise the contract if they could produce a copy. They promised to send one -- a week later no copy in the post, then an email saying they were releasing me  from the contract so didn't need to send a copy !!! yeah right !!!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 August 2009, 18:49:15 »

I'm gonna go against the flow here - the service was used (don't think thats under any dispute), and it clearly says 3gb per month, yet 97gb was used.

:-/
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 August 2009, 12:28:10 »

Well had a call from the VodaGirl again, due to the fact that I’ve hardly used the Card over time and I’ve been a long term Customer with them, the Management have decided to Scrap all the additional Data Usage charges for the period and Credit my account for July and August and just charge me the normal flat rate, Phew...What a result.!  :y

They have even reset the Data Counter for this month to 0, so I can start using the Card again for this month if I want to.  :y

I really can’t express how chuffed I am with this and was totally unexpected. :D

The VodaGirl was really helpful, don’t think I’m ever going to say a wrong word about Vodafone again.  :-[

I wonder how many other Networks would have done the same.

Chris.  :y
« Last Edit: 19 August 2009, 12:31:28 by zirk »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: £675 Bill from Vodafone. (Sorted, Result)
« Reply #19 on: 19 August 2009, 12:30:57 »

A better than expected result :y

To be honest, o2 have mostly been good to me as well, so can't grumble too much at them...
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 August 2009, 12:34:31 »

To be honest, o2 have mostly been good to me as well, so can't grumble too much at them...

Well pleased TB, they were really great, think not using the F word throught all the conversations probally helped.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #21 on: 19 August 2009, 12:35:47 »

Well had a call from the VodaGirl again, due to the fact that I’ve hardly used the Card over time and I’ve been a long term Customer with them, the Management have decided to Scrap all the additional Data Usage charges for the period and Credit my account for July and August and just charge me the normal flat rate, Phew...What a result.!  :y

They have even reset the Data Counter for this month to 0, so I can start using the Card again for this month if I want to.  :y

I really can’t express how chuffed I am with this and was totally unexpected. :D

The VodaGirl was really helpful, don’t think I’m ever going to say a wrong word about Vodafone again.  :-[

That is great news Zirk! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

I must say I have been with Vodaphone ever since the eighties, and they have always looked after me with no bother at all 8-) 8-) ;) ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 August 2009, 12:39:22 »

think not using the F word throught all the conversations probally helped.
More than you would know I suspect. Swearing and temper loss is admitting defeat in any dispute imho
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 August 2009, 12:40:09 »

That is great news Zirk! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :y

I must say I have been with Vodaphone ever since the eighties, and they have always looked after me with no bother at all 8-) 8-) ;) ;)
Can't grumble at voda personell as they have always been helpful to me. Its just coverage around here is woeful
Grumpy old man

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 August 2009, 12:49:53 »

A great result Zirk - just shows what constructive communication can achieve. :y :y

Kudos to Vodafone all the same :y :y :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 August 2009, 14:36:26 »

Great Result.  :y :y

For future use have they put a capped limit onit in case laddo sneaks of with the card. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 19 August 2009, 14:36:51 by skruntie »
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2009, 15:04:40 »

...... think not using the F word throught all the conversations probally helped.

As short a temper I have, I never loose it when I'm in dispute with anyone, whether on the phone or in person over the counter, as soon as you do, you've lost! ...... I might be a bit forcefull though!  ::)  ::)

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 August 2009, 19:12:01 »

Congratulations and well done. :y. Vodafone probably realise that your usage hasn't cost them hundreds of pounds and if they pursue it they will lose a customer.

But definately being polite, firm and persistent is the way to go.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 August 2009, 21:21:49 »

Great Result........ :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 August 2009, 21:31:14 »

o2 are odd sometimes, their 'unlimited' internet bolt on, had in the small print 200mb cap which is pathetic, but apparently they scrapped that.

They do tend to have good customer services, i can't complain with my o2 contract.

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 August 2009, 23:50:07 »

o2 are odd sometimes, their 'unlimited' internet bolt on, had in the small print 200mb cap which is pathetic, but apparently they scrapped that.

They do tend to have good customer services, i can't complain with my o2 contract.
Yeh I don’t really understand the contract I’m on.

Its 20 quid (iirc) and I get a free bolt on - Which I choose unlimited internet access... I wonder what the limits really are though,  as I doubt that its actually UNLIMITED?

And also, when I bought the simcard from o2 a couple of months ago, I asked the bloke about tethering it to a laptop for internet access, he went all quiet  ;D I asked him the question a few times and he never gave me an answer until I said 'So I can use it with my laptop to connect to the internet for free, but you just cant tell me that it will work, and providing I don’t go crazy I should be fine' and to that he replied 'Yes'  ;D ;D ;D
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.