Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speedo not working  (Read 2287 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Speedo not working
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2008, 18:51:07 »

What does abs ecu have to do with the speedo not working aswell? Car is said to drive perfect aswell just these faults?
ABS provides speed signal to other ecus.

between 4 and 10hrs to remove from experiences here, refit similar. do bear in mind we have diverse membership, with varying skill levels

Any figures of removal and fitting times from MrDTM..... tripple them for us normal folk!  ;D ;D
You would be good at it Tunnie, lanky git ;D

where is mounted? behind the dash?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2008, 18:52:11 »

What does abs ecu have to do with the speedo not working aswell? Car is said to drive perfect aswell just these faults?
ABS provides speed signal to other ecus.

between 4 and 10hrs to remove from experiences here, refit similar. do bear in mind we have diverse membership, with varying skill levels

Any figures of removal and fitting times from MrDTM..... tripple them for us normal folk!  ;D ;D
You would be good at it Tunnie, lanky git ;D

where is mounted? behind the dash?
no, on abs unit
Grumpy old man

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2008, 18:52:29 »

Was concerned about mileage but car is said to have all its service history and it looks imaculate and is just what i am after how much do you think it would be worth paying for?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2008, 18:53:29 »

i saw this too on eBay was put off.

Wrong Elite Alloys for it age, no tax or mot, speedo not working for how long!?!?!

walk away...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2008, 18:57:48 »

shows owner does really bother to fix serious issues, so what state is it mechanically in.  May be worth a punt, but only for stupid money - v6s have dropped dramatically in price
Grumpy old man

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 April 2008, 18:59:05 »

Wrong Elite Alloys for it age, no tax or mot, speedo not working for how long!?!?!

walk away...

Alloys dont bother me being different, but know what you mean about how long speedo not been working for, but to be honest its so easy now to get your car clocked back  anyway and make it look right with services that half the time you wouldnt know if its true mileage or not. Guy said he is looking for a grand which i thought was ok, what you think???

albitz

« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2008, 19:00:47 »

on the other hand it might be a decent motor, but with a huge quote for labour to change ecu.if you can diy and save a lot of cash it might be worth a punt.i wouldnt like to advise how much tho  :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 April 2008, 19:00:49 »

walk away...

Alloys dont bother me being different, but know what you mean about how long speedo not been working for, but to be honest its so easy now to get your car clocked back  anyway and make it look right with services that half the time you wouldnt know if its true mileage or not. Guy said he is looking for a grand which i thought was ok, what you think???
not that easy - computerise mots help reduce it ;)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 April 2008, 19:01:27 »

walk away...

Alloys are wrong, he has spent money to replace the orginals, but NOT spent money on fixed mechanical issues.

Pay no more than £800.

With no tax and mot, its barley worth that.. V6 facelifts have become almost impossible to sell.

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 April 2008, 19:02:37 »

walk away...

not that easy - computerise mots help reduce it ;)

Come on people wake up car gets done just before it gets MOT there is always a way round everything if needed.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 April 2008, 19:03:21 »

walk away...

Alloys are wrong, he has spent money to replace the orginals, but NOT spent money on fixed mechanical issues.

Pay no more than £800.

With no tax and mot, its barley worth that.. V6 facelifts have become almost impossible to sell.
i certainly wouldn;t pay more than £1k for it....
Grumpy old man

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 April 2008, 19:04:20 »

walk away...

Pay no more than £800.

Just wish there was more around to buy then as its what i want but all too expensive

albitz

« Reply #27 on: 12 April 2008, 19:05:31 »

what would be a realistic value with the problems sorted ?
if you start there you could think about how much to subtract

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 April 2008, 19:49:27 »

Daft question this one but would you be causing any damage to car in anyway by driving it with these faults??

albitz

« Reply #29 on: 12 April 2008, 19:58:02 »

no abs or speedo,might not harm the car but may well harm you,your wallet and your licence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.