Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 v6 Elite coilovers  (Read 1949 times)

aaronjb

Re: 3.2 v6 Elite coilovers
« Reply #15 on: 02 December 2011, 12:04:27 »

You'll perhaps be able to buy a tyre or 2 at a pinch for one of them, but you get my point!  ;) ;) If you want sports car suspension, don't buy a luxo barge!  :y

True enough - although I do think they may have gone a bit 'too' soft with the Elite. It is a bit like driving a blancmange.. Well, mine is, anyway :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 December 2011, 12:09:51 »

You'll perhaps be able to buy a tyre or 2 at a pinch for one of them, but you get my point!  ;) ;) If you want sports car suspension, don't buy a luxo barge!  :y

True enough - although I do think they may have gone a bit 'too' soft with the Elite. It is a bit like driving a blancmange.. Well, mine is, anyway :)

The Senator's 'ride control' suspension usewd to have 3 settings Comfort Normal & Sports. Sports wasn't exactly like a Lotus but Comfort was really really soft, more so than an Elite IIRC  ;) ;) SWMBO hated it, but I used to love it, especially crawling through traffic you used to be able to get the front of the car bouncing llike these huge Yanks Tanks on pneumatic trick dampers (nearly)  ;D ;D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #17 on: 02 December 2011, 12:11:32 »

The Senator's 'ride control' suspension usewd to have 3 settings Comfort Normal & Sports. Sports wasn't exactly like a Lotus but Comfort was really really soft, more so than an Elite IIRC  ;) ;) SWMBO hated it, but I used to love it, especially crawling through traffic you used to be able to get the front of the car bouncing llike these huge Yanks Tanks on pneumatic trick dampers (nearly)  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D See, now why couldn't GM have put something like that on the Omega? It's not as if the technology wasn't there (witness the Senator and numerous other German barges).. Boo, GM, boo.

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 December 2011, 12:26:49 »

The Omega B is a very grown-up, well-handling car. Easily up to the best of BMW, Mercedes, etc. And certainly better than anything front-drive.

Where we are is mainly hill-side roads, I reckon my MV6 is just about class of the field here, quicker than either my MX-5 or the Holden, purely on handling finesse

I'd make sure that the components that are there are in tip-top condition before going too far off-piste.

Sehen

• Norway, up north...
    • Omega???
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 December 2011, 13:35:50 »

In Norway, you have to pay the same amount of money for a standard Golf 1,6 as for a loaded Omega V6...Go figure ???
So the choise is easy, at least for me and the other Omega drivers  ;)
Some people like the comfort as it is standard, some like the sport chassi on the FL Omega(witch is very capable actually), and there is me. who realy takes it out and like the handling that you can get out of such a heavy car, with small money.
A BMW E39 is thre times the money with the similar engine... thats the financial side..
Then is the fact that The Omega is spacious, good seats and has a driving ergonomy thats let you drive for 10 hour's straight without getting tired, or have your hearing dammaged ;)
And it looks good :y :y

So where else can you get all that for so little money, and still tune the chassi for your driving preferences ???

In Germany, they have my dream Omega, it's called Edition, have the 3,2, sport chassi, all the gadgets and optionally the sport seats in leather and 18" Irmscher alloys :y
Iam allready in the thinkingbox about getting a FL2,2, then go to Germany and pick up an Edition, then move everything over to the 2,2 body :)
98 Omega 2,5V6 Man. Homemade from a 2,0Auto

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 02 December 2011, 13:44:21 »

In Norway, you have to pay the same amount of money for a standard Golf 1,6 as for a loaded Omega V6...Go figure ???

You have insane taxes on cars over there.. a few years back I remember walking into the Oslo Nissan dealership and being astonished at the cost of a Micra (about £15,000 IIRC?).

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 December 2011, 13:50:12 »

You have insane taxes on cars over there.. a few years back I remember walking into the Oslo Nissan dealership and being astonished at the cost of a Micra (about £15,000 IIRC?).

20+ years ago a pint was around £5- IIRC in Norway  :o

Sehen

• Norway, up north...
    • Omega???
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 December 2011, 13:53:51 »

It's not insane, it's beyond insane :( :( :( :( And you remember correctly :)
The taxes is regulated by the weight, co2 emissions and the power in Kw. So there is only 2 or 3 3,2 Omegas in Norway taken in by the importer. I think the price on them was over 75.000£ back in 2003...

But today the Omega is an underestimated car in Norway, so you get a 98-00 Omega V6 for the same money as the Golf of the same year  ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 02 December 2011, 13:58:18 »

Yup - I was over there for a few weeks for work (at the Flymedisinsk Institutt, Oslo) and ate at the cheapest place we could find (called Malik's, I think, a kind of kebab shop a couple of streets back from Karl Johans Gate), even then a meal plus a glass of wine was probably £14..

Lovely place, though, I could quite happily live there if it weren't for...

The taxes is regulated by the weight, co2 emissions and the power in Kw. So there is only 2 or 3 3,2 Omegas in Norway taken in by the importer. I think the price on them was over 75.000£ back in 2003...

...if it weren't for that! ;D

Sehen

• Norway, up north...
    • Omega???
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 December 2011, 13:58:30 »

Good old days  ;D
It's actually the same price now, taken the inflation into considering, it's only £10 now, in oslo...around £9 up north :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sehen

• Norway, up north...
    • Omega???
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 December 2011, 14:10:08 »

Yup - I was over there for a few weeks for work (at the Flymedisinsk Institutt, Oslo) and ate at the cheapest place we could find (called Malik's, I think, a kind of kebab shop a couple of streets back from Karl Johans Gate), even then a meal plus a glass of wine was probably £14..

Lovely place, though, I could quite happily live there if it weren't for...

...if it weren't for that! ;D

Insignia Estate OPC, starts at £110500,- today....... I rest my case >:(

sandune

• Omega Baron
  • Essex Southend
    • 2.6 Omega Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 December 2011, 16:44:50 »

Right boys and girls repeat after me---- :-[
" I will stop the gripe about taxes as others have to pay more"
 :o :-[

megawoolie

• portsmouth
    • vauxhall omega3.2v6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 December 2011, 12:57:49 »

Sehen

I think i need to really look into this??? My miggy drives like a boat on logs... Im not here to (pub) the thing up neither am i a (pubber)
Nice set of alloys lowered all round sports exhaust and thats it... :-X : :y

coolsurfer

• south wales
    • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 December 2011, 15:40:43 »

hi have noticed in this section that some peeps have poly bushe's for thier omegas can you tell me where you get them please. i have lower my mv6 40mm on spax springs and running bilstein shocks used eibach eccentric camber bolts on front, am running 235x 45 on front and 245x 40 on rear handles like a dream, comfort levels not bad at all, the only problem that i have is the bloody speed bumps ahhhh >:( would have done better with a 30mm drop.
The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 December 2011, 15:50:14 »

Do a search for "Omega Powerflex bushes" on ebay.

For the front, The front wishbone bush is available and also a set containing the front wishbone bush and anti-roll bar bushes. Most people fit justt eh front wishbone bushes, which make a good improvement. Rear front wishbone bush is not generally available as a poly bush.

Make sure you're looking at the Omega B (to2003) bushes nto Omega A (although I'm not sure if they are different.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.