Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: First gas - some issues  (Read 13210 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: First gas - some issues
« Reply #90 on: 19 August 2013, 14:58:11 »

Thanks Kevin. Not really something I can check then.

Well, apart from checking that you have one, and it's connected correctly. I'm not familiar with that system, but you should have the following connected to a typical LPG system:

+12V permanent feed
+12V ignition switched feed
A good ground connection to chassis / battery negative
RPM input from ECU dash output
Maybe lambda sensor inputs, but usually not strictly required
Vapouriser temperature sensor
Vapour temperature sensor (usually in the lines from vapouriser to injector)
Vapour pressure sensor (usually fed from a T piece in the lines from vapouriser to injector, with another feed from manifold vacuum)
Tank level sensor - normally for information only (doesn't affect running)
Feed to any LPG valve(s) in the system  - to tank valve and any valve fitted to the vapouriser.
Inputs from petrol injector piggy-backs
Outputs to LPG injector block(s)

I would go down that list ensuring you can identify each of these for starters. You might find something amiss. Diagnosis is easier if you have the software to talk to the system, as you can then easily spot values that aren't correct.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 22 August 2013, 19:45:27 »

Have had a quick look tonight at the bits and had another go at forcing it over - same results = occasionally runs for a while without revs, but sometimes cuts out. Surely it should switch back to petrol rather than simply stall? Actually now it always stalls when forced over, even with revs  :-\

From the list, there are no separate vapour sensors. They must be part of the reducer. I think the other items are accounted for.

Just going to try and find a suitable source for testing. I had thought about buying one of the eBay kits, and I might yet  :(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 22 August 2013, 19:58:05 »

Have had a quick look tonight at the bits and had another go at forcing it over - same results = occasionally runs for a while without revs, but sometimes cuts out. Surely it should switch back to petrol rather than simply stall? Actually now it always stalls when forced over, even with revs  :-\

From the list, there are no separate vapour sensors. They must be part of the reducer. I think the other items are accounted for.

Just going to try and find a suitable source for testing. I had thought about buying one of the eBay kits, and I might yet  :(

It should do, but system type dependent, may not do if force started.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 22 August 2013, 20:06:52 »

It normally does run Chris then switch back to petrol, but not on the last few attempts. Odd.
Driving me mad. No pun intended! Can't wait to get it plugged in somehow. Just hoping that'll show up the problem  :-X

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 22 August 2013, 23:06:46 »

Hmm, as said a few times before, still not convinced it hasn't lost its memory configuration though not seeing 12 volts for a while.  :-\                                                                  Edit, happened to me a couple of times, where they have been parked up without battery, on both ocasions I noticed the digital led contents gauge was showing empty, when I know there was lots of gas in there when this happened.
« Last Edit: 22 August 2013, 23:15:50 by zirk »

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 22 August 2013, 23:10:33 »

Hmm, as said a few times before, still not convinced it hasn't lost its memory configuration though not seeing 12 volts for a while.  :-\

Can't argue with that mate so hoping a suitable interface can be found  :y
« Last Edit: 22 August 2013, 23:14:54 by jonny2112 »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 22 August 2013, 23:18:06 »

Just for info, added edit to my last post, sorry on the mobile.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 22 August 2013, 23:26:26 »

There are certainly a few things which I hope support this theory.
I know the dash gauge on these is known to be temperamental, but mine does fluctuate between the lower of the the three green lights and the red, yet a tenner should be plenty. Also, when I remove the inline fuse and then replace it, the three green lights flash on the dash gauge, eventually dropping down to the lowest one. This only happens when I  mess with the fuse, never when I turn the car or system on, which makes me think there is a reset issue.

05omegav6

« Reply #98 on: 23 August 2013, 03:46:01 »

Assuming it doesn't leak, have you actually filled it with gas yet?

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 24 August 2013, 12:26:04 »

I don't see, smell or hear any leaks. There's now about £15 worth in the tank, but it doesn't want to run on gas at all now. Straight back to petrol this morning  :-\
On the plus side, might have found a suitable interface kit  ::)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 24 August 2013, 15:53:50 »

stop trying to force run it on gas until you can talk to the ECU and see what all the values say.
I reckon it's lost memory and dropped it's config, doesn't know what ohmage injectors are there, or correct rpm / coolant temp type sensors, and is having a total hissy fit.

However much you try and force start it, it's not gonna run on gas until you plug it in and see what it's moaning about :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 24 August 2013, 18:55:06 »

stop trying to force run it on gas until you can talk to the ECU and see what all the values say.
I reckon it's lost memory and dropped it's config, doesn't know what ohmage injectors are there, or correct rpm / coolant temp type sensors, and is having a total hissy fit.

However much you try and force start it, it's not gonna run on gas until you plug it in and see what it's moaning about :y

I know you're right  :-[
Is it worth spending the money on the cable, etc or would it be better spent getting it tested?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 24 August 2013, 20:34:48 »

Get the cable, we can guide you, and you then have it forever :y

mhwest

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 28 August 2013, 01:42:14 »

First time on site this year due to illness but looking at your problem you do need cable from laptop to gas ECU diagnostic plug also software from tinleytech co.uk , there is a free catalogue explaining how to fit also set up installationof software and there is the Bigas site .  Ihave fitted Bigas Sequential Injection on 3 cars4 cylinder but 6 cylinder are no different.
On the software there is self calibration which must be done to set up gas ECU :- ( briefly your foot is held on the accelerator at a certain revs and kept there till the software says done , this process is started on petrol and when done switches to gas and stays on gas )  any mistakes on keeping the revs steady you just have to re-calibrate again.   Save configuration when happy this is on the software, but remember you have to set finer settings explained in catalogue . All this is done with engine warm hope this helps if this is a Bigas system cable and software can be bought as a package around £30  ;)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 28 August 2013, 15:22:25 »

Thanks for that  :y
My software and cables arrived this morning. Installed the drivers and selected one of the many options for injectors (listed as early or late with differing variations, but I do not know which strictly applies to mine).
However, at the preliminary stage, there is no connection to ECU. Have checked com port and drivers, which only leaves the wrong software. Have dropped an email to the supplier for confirmation, but am also guessing that the different software is only for different injectors and would not relate to the ECU?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.