Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ecu problem [i think]  (Read 10841 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: ecu problem [i think]
« Reply #90 on: 11 August 2008, 21:22:15 »

oh & yes filled the box warmed up & running! ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #91 on: 11 August 2008, 21:43:29 »

so, just to confirm, for my own curiosity and the benefit of others reading;
filled to the level hole when first fitted and cold, start engine, refill to the level hole while running as it sucks up atf, engage all gears esp. reverse, check level again, now i'm not sure the exact refill procedure but i do know you have to give the box every chance to fill the torque converter and suck up all  the atf it needs(dextron 3), i have seen threads on here about getting the box to fill correctly. How much atf does the box take in total, anybody? And how much actually put back in?
Sorry Tim, i know this sounds like im doubting you and going back over old ground but cant help thinking we need to be certain this is all done correctly, i am sure youve done it, but for the thread, i dont recall seeing confirmation of the atf level?
By the way anybody know the record for the longest thread on here? Cant be far off surely?

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 11 August 2008, 21:44:06 »

oh well thats me suggestions exhausted then except for this one<<<<
fit  manual box? far more fun and better economy and performance too!!
that is of course if you cant find an ecu the bit that puzzles me is it wont go into top gear? well thats ecu controlled and i know it wont go there unless your doing at least approximately 55mph have you been to those heady heights of speed yet? assuming the speedo is working of course!!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 11 August 2008, 21:45:32 »

filled to the level hole when first fitted and cold, start engine, refill to the level hole while running as it sucks up atf, engage all gears esp. reverse, check level again, now i'm not sure the exact refill procedure but i do know you have to give the box every chance to fill the torque converter and suck up all  the atf it needs(dextron 3), i have seen threads on here about getting the box to fill correctly. How much atf does the box take in total, anybody? And how much actually put back in?
Sorry Tim, i know this sounds like im doubting you and going back over old ground but cant help thinking we need to be certain this is all done correctly, i am sure youve done it, but for the thread, i dont recall seeing confirmation of the atf level?
By the way anybody know the record for the longest thread on here? Cant be far off surely?
think TB holds that record on his td cooling prob posts?? :y

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 11 August 2008, 22:09:36 »

yup i filled it with the finest cooking oil & put in a sprig of parsley to make it more "tasty" on gear changes ;D, but seriously folks, i used dex3 & kept shoving it in `til it piddled out, then while it was still running & warm i lowered it [it wasnt up high], then when it had stopped coming out i put the plug in, oh & by the way, the g/box warning comes up before the engine is even turned over, as for the longest thread, well it isnt something i was aiming for i can assure you ;) or do you think i enjoy driving around in a rover 200 diesel without intercooler :-[, oh & id better mention that there is another long plug which is in the same loom section as the G/BOX ecu, I assume this is there for a manual version so ive ignored it, given the option i would have got a manual one but lack of cash & job dictated plus i wanted an estate to get my fishing stuff in :).

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 11 August 2008, 22:10:56 »

think TB holds that record on his td cooling prob posts?? :y
Now that was a saga - but we had a bloody good laugh resolving that :y
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 11 August 2008, 22:13:32 »

saga is the name of a type of holiday, this aint no holiday its a bloody prison sentence ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 11 August 2008, 22:15:45 »

saga is the name of a type of holiday, this aint no holiday its a bloody prison sentence ;D
As Omegatoy implied, I know what you're going through - last year my tractor was making my hair go grey. That was a 6 month slog!
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 11 August 2008, 22:23:30 »

please dont tell me ive got 5 more months of this :'( oh & i just looked back & in answer to OMEGATOY, yup when i drove it home from the b/sted that sold me it i got it up to 80mph & it only had 3 gears even in "D", my mrs thinks the car is religious cos she said to me,,,"why dont you get rid of that godforesaken car" :D

HerefordElite

• Omega Knight
  • Hereford
  • Welcome to the Shire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 11 August 2008, 22:46:52 »

Gearbox was off a taxed and MOT'd car so was driven about a bit when I got it to make sure...the only dodgy box I have had so far got sent to its maker with the rest of the car lol But as said, if after all this it turns out to be the box (which I would say is unlikely) then I will replace it more than happily free of charge :)

Nice gesture MutantCav :y hope you sort it soon Tim :y
Nova SR, MKII Cav Sri130, MKII Astra GTE16v, Omega 3.0V6 Elite, Silver Cross Sleepover Classic

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 14 August 2008, 18:16:39 »

well still no joy finding an ECU, cant believe how hard it is to find one, im hoping MARKEY MARK will come up trumps as he said he had 3 of them, have emailed him but perhaps the email address is defunct or ive ended up in a spam folder :o, & im now on 100 & still not driving the thing :'(, do i get a telegram from the queen now ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 14 August 2008, 19:57:49 »

well still no joy finding an ECU, cant believe how hard it is to find one, im hoping MARKEY MARK will come up trumps as he said he had 3 of them, have emailed him but perhaps the email address is defunct or ive ended up in a spam folder :o, & im now on 100 & still not driving the thing :'(, do i get a telegram from the queen now ::)
I think he's on hols now, so unlikely to get response for a week or 2...
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 14 August 2008, 20:08:44 »

OH BUGGER! :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 14 August 2008, 20:25:43 »

Also, obviously I have no idea what Markey Mark is breaking, but wasn't aware he was breaking a TD...
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 14 August 2008, 21:29:33 »

Also, obviously I have no idea what Markey Mark is breaking, but wasn't aware he was breaking a TD...

think he said he had 3 gearbox ecu,s whether or not they are from td i dont know but i do know he has broken at least a couple!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.