Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who wants a 3.2 ?  (Read 6284 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants a 3.2 ?
« Reply #30 on: 13 March 2016, 09:25:22 »

Just talked to the guy and it is sold. :(

He has a number of other Omegas,3.2's for sale. Some ex police. Including one green one blue. One auto, one manual.

He said he is a forum member. Mobile   07881502585
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 March 2016, 10:41:46 »

He had taken a deposit on it shortly after it was posted on here.
Ah well, might have to go and take a look at that 740i.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 March 2016, 11:07:15 »

Sorry, just seen this, and I recognise the background in the photos.  The seller is on here, and is a decent, trustyworthy guy IMHO.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 March 2016, 11:45:42 »

I am going to have to have a rethink on my buying strategy.

Very high mileage Spanish 2.5Dti Omega. No registration /transfer tax . Higher prices than Uk but maybe less rust. Usually no service history of note.

OR

Not so high mileage 3.2 Elite from UK.  maybe 600 euros transfer onto Spanish plates tax, By the time I get geared up to view (Mrs V) they have gone.

Might as well just buy a 2.0 petrol Nissan Cash Cow and have done.  :-\ ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 March 2016, 11:49:00 »

Might as well just buy a 2.0 petrol Nissan Cash Cow and have done.  :-\ ;D

Noooooooooooooooooooooo..................

Just done 800km in one of these very abominations, horrible horrible things!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 March 2016, 11:58:09 »

In what areas please? Serious question.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 March 2016, 12:18:58 »

Sorry, just seen this, and I recognise the background in the photos.  The seller is on here, and is a decent, trustyworthy guy IMHO.

I think I recognise the driveway but can't be certain :-\ But if it is who I think then I would have no qualms buying from him :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 March 2016, 12:19:13 »

OK, deep breath.... ;D

Interior
  • Has all the worst bits of both a 4x4 and a hatchback - ie. Its comparatively small inside yet manages to roll like a canal boat
  • "Keyless go" that wouldnt unlock the doors properly (ie key in pocket, press button on the door...nothing) and took either 1-2 presses of the button to get a start, or 5-6 depending on....who knows
  • Electronic handbrake behaved much the same way
  • Seats lacking lumbar support
  • Poundland plastics - I mention this only because the damn things are pretty expensive in the UK
  • USB connector in a stupid place in the centre console meaning you needed the hands of a double jointed 5 year old to plug it in when in the drivers seat
  • USB won't play nice with either iPhone 5 or 6s - kept crashing/selecting 1st song in my playlist
  • Traffic sensing onm sat nav did not work despite being switched on, nearly cost me my return flight due to a big accident in Oslo - had to resort to google maps on my phone
  • When stopping, sometimes pressing the start/stop button would switch the car off completely or leave it in the "Ignition on" position depending on...... ::)
  • Stupidly small boot for the overall size of the car.

Driving/Exterior
  • Parking cameras are not self cleaning and therefore utterly pointless n- unless you want to wipe them before getting into the car every time. Parking sensors are a bit vague but necessary as the visibility is shocking
  • Start/stop system is very dull-witted and wouldn't stay switched off - this led to me stalling a few times at junctions as it hadn't re-started by the time I'd becun lifting the clutch pedal - pretty dangerous if you want to nip into a gap  >:(
  • Not sure what engine I had, other than petrol but it was gutless - makes 6th gear basically pointless.
  • Auto wipers with a mind of their own
  • Noisier than I would have expected for a new car - probably due to the bling wheels and winter rubber this one was wearing though

Overall, probably not the worst hire car I've ever had (that accolade goes to a renault clit estate with a Sat nav that would only speak to me in Swedish) but definitely the worst in terms of the disparity between cost and overall performance. The car was a brand spanker (1500km on the clock) and other than park assist appeared to have every bell and whistle.

I will say though  that it made a change from the usual diet or renaults and peugeots that I'm given (I end up hiring about 20 or so cars a year for work).

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 March 2016, 13:49:33 »

mmm. Thanks. I like gadgets but only ones that serve a useful purpose. I am not impressed with electronic handbrakes and stop start systems. Just more stuff to go wrong. The keyless start sounds like something that would be a pain . Plastic interior I could live with. Boot is a worry as we always seem to be transporting something as well as the damn dog. Rear visibility was something I had picked up on. Noise. Smaller diameter wheels would help methinks. Problem is the higher spec cars seem to get bigger wheels.

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #39 on: 13 March 2016, 15:24:06 »

He has a number of other Omegas,3.2's for sale. Some ex police. Including one green one blue. One auto, one manual.

I bought my car from him & it was as described. He had a few more then.  :y

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 March 2016, 18:29:06 »

I bought my car from him & it was as described. He had a few more then.  :y

Nice estate, in there as well. (look at sellers other items) in the background. He us to have a few plod sitting around his home (town/village)
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.