Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New motor (finally)  (Read 3282 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: New motor (finally)
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2022, 14:25:58 »

As always, any questions and you know where I am
Yeah, what do I get if I subscribe her (manual) to the incontrol thingie whatsit?  I think the manuals can't be remote started or turn climate on?
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 September 2022, 14:28:13 »

Its a close coupled DPF in the D7 format so should be fine, throw in long journeys and I doubt issues will be seen at all.

I also have a D7u based vehicle now, they are very easy drives and very smooth and refined, a good chassis.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2022, 14:32:51 by Marks DTM Calib »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 September 2022, 14:30:37 »

Yeah, what do I get if I subscribe her (manual) to the incontrol thingie whatsit?  I think the manuals can't be remote started or turn climate on?

Ping me the VIN and I will see if I can call a few favors

And no, remote engine start (RES) is not possible on Manuals (under legislation as you can do an inhibit in theory), it would do remote lock/unlock, beep and flash (to make it easier to find in a car park) journey logs etc

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 September 2022, 15:38:40 »

It was expensive, yes. Wrong side of £50k, although the low interest on the payments (3.2%) makes it not as bad as it might otherwise be. I pushed the budget far further than I initially wanted to, but having been burned by a car that on the face of it looked very good, I decided to go newer/lower mileage. Playing the 'what else you could buy for the money' game is a bit sickening at that price point, but being as I'm in it so much, it had to fit a fairly specific brief to justify the outlay.

The interior is tan, which won't be to everyones taste, but as an alternative to black (boring) and cream (can't keep it clean), I really like it. Looks good with the blue too imo.

I'm thinking of tan (or Cognac as BMW pretentiously like to call it it for my next car) I think it has an upmarket appeal although not as practical as black.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 September 2022, 16:04:49 »

I see they replaced the TCU after the software update failed (17th August) which is good news!  :y

Thank you sir! Funnily enough the dealer didn't mention the TCU replacement, still, it's another new part so really fine by me! Do you happen to know if this version of the engine uses Adblue? I didn't see an obvious place to fill it up and no one mentioned it to me at handover. :-\

Or does the dpf being close coupled mean it's pig whizz free?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 September 2022, 16:24:55 »

More images would be a good idea.....especially the interior. :y

If you insist  ;D

https://imgur.com/a/MtW9Bxu

Oddly, the interior is less yellow in real life but I couldn't seem to correct it just fiddling with the phone settings, so there you go.

According to the sales manager, LR don't sell many in Tan interior cars because dealers will rarely spec it for their own showrooms. So people don't get to see it. But when they get a used one in people really like it and they sell incredibly well. Way of the world I guess

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2022, 17:01:14 »

More images would be a good idea.....especially the interior. :y

If you insist  ;D

https://imgur.com/a/MtW9Bxu

Oddly, the interior is less yellow in real life but I couldn't seem to correct it just fiddling with the phone settings, so there you go.

According to the sales manager, LR don't sell many in Tan interior cars because dealers will rarely spec it for their own showrooms. So people don't get to see it. But when they get a used one in people really like it and they sell incredibly well. Way of the world I guess

Looks an inviting and relaxing place to spend a few hours. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 September 2022, 20:05:56 »

Nice.  8)

I test drove an L322 Range Rover with that tan interior (or similar) last year and really liked it.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 September 2022, 20:44:22 »

I see they replaced the TCU after the software update failed (17th August) which is good news!  :y

Thank you sir! Funnily enough the dealer didn't mention the TCU replacement, still, it's another new part so really fine by me! Do you happen to know if this version of the engine uses Adblue? I didn't see an obvious place to fill it up and no one mentioned it to me at handover. :-\

Or does the dpf being close coupled mean it's pig whizz free?
If its EU6 (eg, no emissions charges if you take it to Brum or Londonium), it takes ad blue.

Not sure what age yous is, but randomly picked 2020, so look here -https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/document/3D/2020/T19950/36236_en_GBR/proc/G2127963

Also, on that same manual, search for DEF to find how to tell how much adblue is left

Do not store the stuff, it has short self life, and must be stored cool and dark.
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 September 2022, 22:39:20 »

Thanks for this, you're right, it apparently does have DEF, I'll have to have a look what the computer has to tell me next time I get in it.

Nice.  8)

I test drove an L322 Range Rover with that tan interior (or similar) last year and really liked it.  :y

I was down in Guilford collecting some furniture a few weeks ago and the had an L405 in that was flat green (like hunter wellies) with a tan interior. Absolutely loved that, but didn't have £80k to spend  ::) ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 September 2022, 23:43:15 »

Thanks for this, you're right, it apparently does have DEF, I'll have to have a look what the computer has to tell me next time I get in it.

Nice.  8)

I was down in Guilford collecting some furniture a few weeks ago and the had an L405 in that was flat green (like hunter wellies) with a tan interior. Absolutely loved that, but didn't have £80k to spend  ::) ;D

The purchase price of the L322 was very reasonable and it was a lovely car, but looking at the trip computer scared me as it told me it was doing an average of 16 MPG!  :o

In hindsight the dealer had probably had it in stock for a while so it's only trips were when it was ragged around the local council estate on test drives.  ::)   

Moi?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 September 2022, 15:19:44 »

Nice.  8)

The purchase price of the L322 was very reasonable and it was a lovely car, but looking at the trip computer scared me as it told me it was doing an average of 16 MPG!  :o

In hindsight the dealer had probably had it in stock for a while so it's only trips were when it was ragged around the local council estate on test drives.  ::)   

Moi?  ;D
Last time I borrowed one of josywyatt's L322s, a SC 4.2 one, I put £99 in it to go to pick up a subframe from a few miles away....    ...and had to put another £99 as I wasn't going to get it back home otherwise.  I was averaging 8MPG, if the trip can be believed.

But it was fun, just don't tell Josh ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 September 2022, 17:37:07 »

I doubt he got much than 8 mpg more out of that car ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 September 2022, 14:18:28 »

It was expensive, yes. Wrong side of £50k, although the low interest on the payments (3.2%) makes it not as bad as it might otherwise be. I pushed the budget far further than I initially wanted to, but having been burned by a car that on the face of it looked very good, I decided to go newer/lower mileage. Playing the 'what else you could buy for the money' game is a bit sickening at that price point, but being as I'm in it so much, it had to fit a fairly specific brief to justify the outlay.

The interior is tan, which won't be to everyones taste, but as an alternative to black (boring) and cream (can't keep it clean), I really like it. Looks good with the blue too imo.

Lot of money but it is a lot of motor car. :y

What year is she, Jimmy?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 September 2022, 18:31:45 »

December 2018, so only 2 years until the VED drops to £150ish  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.