Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VW Phaeton  (Read 4728 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: VW Phaeton
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2009, 19:11:00 »

I like what I have seen of them, not sure about it as an everyday sort of car though.  Sums make sence  so maybe worth while.

I am leaning towards the 300C, or at least was till a member hired one in the US on his holidays.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2009, 19:23:50 »

interesting thread, i seriously fancy one when Omegas are dead and buried, and would be tempted if i where you although i would be looking for an older/cheaper one tbh giving less depreciation.

Would be worth a look at vw servicing prices which you will have to pay to keep that warranty valid, and parts prices, give the dealers, factors and breakers a ring with some common parts and see what they say. German and swedish near you? Much cheaper than dealers for parts.....and the vag forum is not a patch on this one, but then you knew all that. :-)

Servicing is £1100 total for the 3 years - not sure if that includes parts or not.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2009, 08:53:53 »

Mmm, servicing IS expensive at VW dealers, however there should be a decent amount of independents about. My golf cost more to main dealer service than my mig.

Chrysler 300 - bling bling with aincient Merc underpinningns. Worst of all worlds unless you want the neighbours to think you are a low division footballer or aspiting gangster.

Interesting future thread - suggestions for Mig replacements.

Will be struggling to get many rwd's in the list though, oh dear - have to look at 4wd then.
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 October 2009, 09:24:38 »

I reckon I'd be really tempted... I think the Phaeton is a cracking car :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

omegaman2

• Omega Knight
  • Kilsyth, Glasgow G65
  • cruise , tints, shinbuster,advanced drinking test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 October 2009, 12:09:45 »

a pheaton passed me last week on the m6 its like a passat on steroids......but i like that :P
dieseldonicely

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2009, 16:47:10 »

Talk about VX dealers - try this one.

Thought I would check out other Phaetons near to me - did VW search and found 2 local. Phoned to see them. BOTH cars at separate VW garages have been taken for weekend by the managers - and these are the demonstrators.. No wonder they don't sell many. Can I come back during the week I am asked - eh no not that easy as I need to work and would prefer to see them in daylight. email to VW I think.
Went to look at an A8 and exactly same story.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 October 2009, 20:12:38 »

Phaeton? What about the Insignia? The roads are full them, and it is just a question of time before nearly-new low-mileage ex-company samples start spilling out into the car supermarkets.

Depreciation will probably be in good old Omega style - bought my 2001 CDX when it was 4 months old and with just 6.5k miles for £10k less than list price...

OK, so the ex-company cars will not have 2.8 twin turbo engine or 4 wheel drive, and yes they are FWD, but still a rather roomy good looking car, don't you think?

« Last Edit: 24 October 2009, 20:14:06 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 October 2009, 20:17:18 »

As some of you know my Omega substitute is a C-Class. It's OK, but much smaller than the Omega and dealer service is serious rubbish. E-Class would be more like it, but they are quite pricey, especially the petrol ones - most low-cost used Es seem to be 220CDI which I think will not have enough poke for such a large car.
Alas, no more Omegas....

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 October 2009, 20:19:22 »

As some of you know my Omega substitute is a C-Class. It's OK, but much smaller than the Omega and dealer service is serious rubbish. E-Class would be more like it, but they are quite pricey, especially the petrol ones - most low-cost used Es seem to be 220CDI which I think will not have enough poke for such a large car.
I drive the E's nearly everyday mate. I can say the 220 CDi's are not bad have good amount of pull and easily race around, they're not the quickest but they're not slow at all the 270's and 280's are good too  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 October 2009, 21:16:44 »

Phaeton? What about the Insignia? The roads are full them, and it is just a question of time before nearly-new low-mileage ex-company samples start spilling out into the car supermarkets.

Depreciation will probably be in good old Omega style - bought my 2001 CDX when it was 4 months old and with just 6.5k miles for £10k less than list price...

OK, so the ex-company cars will not have 2.8 twin turbo engine or 4 wheel drive, and yes they are FWD, but still a rather roomy good looking car, don't you think?

Good 2/3 years at least before i would consider one, i hope the seats get a bit softer, ones in the dealer were rock hard.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2009, 21:40:56 »

Insignia, good car.. 2.8 v6 turbo is beyond the dreams wth the increasing fuel prices..

fwd never again..oldie manual beamiers would be my choice I think..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 October 2009, 21:45:18 »

Insignia, good car.. 2.8 v6 turbo is beyond the dreams wth the increasing fuel prices..

I like them too, but its the cost of the badge. I'd love a 2004/5 530d Sport, but looking at 10k for one of those.

Which on a standard loan is around £300 a month just to own it, before you add on fuel, parts and such.

Not a lot of choice for decent build RWD cars going cheap now  :'(

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 October 2009, 08:19:16 »

I like them too, but its the cost of the badge. I'd love a 2004/5 530d Sport, but looking at 10k for one of those.

Which on a standard loan is around £300 a month just to own it, before you add on fuel, parts and such.

Not a lot of choice for decent build RWD cars going cheap now  :'(

I was going to suggest the s-type jag but then realised you said DECENT  ;D
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

ENFIELD_MV6

• Intermediate Member
  • Enfield
  • previously from leicestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 October 2009, 08:27:20 »

i think if i was going to replace the miggy it would be for the GT-R as i probably wont need a estate car that time hmmmmmm

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #29 on: 27 October 2009, 17:07:54 »

Here's a real example of Omega depreciation.

I got an MV6 new as a company car in 1998. Manual saloon with cruise control, list price was about £25k. I bought it from my company 2 years & 9 months later with 52k on the clock for £6400.

2 years later I sold her for £3k with 95k on ,,,,
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.