Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ....and ssssssllllllleeeeeeeeepppp?  (Read 3705 times)

chrisgixer

Re: ....and ssssssllllllleeeeeeeeepppp?
« Reply #30 on: 24 June 2014, 22:49:06 »

But how does it know that your sleeping rather than just laying still?.......and how does it it know what stage of sleep you are in?

Good question. How?

Not sure but, the iphone app I have goes under the pillow, it includes noise and movement. Main parameter it looks for is breathing rate. I believe. But not certain.

It does seem to be reasonably accurate. I haven't used to for a while though, as I'm fully aware I don't get enough sleep. Especially on shift. While I may be on here at silly o'clock, I use it like reading a book. Takes the mind off.

Although that back fired over the weekend as house valuations proved more encouraging than first thought and opened up a whole new market that was previously unavailable to us. Still awake at 4am searching right move. ...Fail ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 June 2014, 22:49:29 »

The next question is should I get one for the missus as I am worried about her health and thus trying to get her more active. ::)

Well, whatever you do don't buy her a bicycle. That won't work.

Have you considered buying her a bicycle? I have a nice one here. A year old and, ohh, about 12 miles on it. I'm sure we can do a deal... ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 June 2014, 23:19:25 »

Tend to sleep in 3 to 4 hour slots. Sleeping in different beds on a regular basis while travelling probably accounts for that but all things considered then not bad and not too tired in mornings unless committed to early start.

iPod goes on for 20 mins or so when needed.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 June 2014, 06:17:34 »

The next question is should I get one for the missus as I am worried about her health and thus trying to get her more active. ::)

Well, whatever you do don't buy her a bicycle. That won't work.

Have you considered buying her a bicycle? I have a nice one here. A year old and, ohh, about 12 miles on it. I'm sure we can do a deal... ::)

Bought her one years ago, she has used it once  >:(

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #34 on: 25 June 2014, 08:28:05 »

Tend to sleep in 3 to 4 hour slots. Sleeping in different beds on a regular basis while travelling probably accounts for that but all things considered then not bad and not too tired in mornings unless committed to early start.

iPod goes on for 20 mins or so when needed.

thats the worst  :( in the past I also traveled long distances periodically .. and concluded that different type of beds(different softness) -pillows(height) - noise- environment temp effects your sleep in a bad way :(
« Last Edit: 25 June 2014, 08:45:13 by cem »

chrisgixer

« Reply #35 on: 25 June 2014, 09:07:00 »

I dread going away. On holiday or visiting family or friends. Beds are ALWAYS too hard for me. Pillows are always the wrong height. So I always wake with back problems, and sleep poorly. Trying to get comfortable for most of the night, although its not possible to find a bed that suits everyone.

We have a sprung base and memory foam mattress at home.

Although a family member has a water bed. Quite simply the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on. No pressure points on shoulders and hips, no dip in the lumber spine area through lack of support in between. A perfectly straight spine with even pressure all along the body when laid side on. They have adjustable heaters for winter and summer, or the water would be too cold and would cause a chill, and the water level has to be set for you or as a couple.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 June 2014, 10:24:09 »

A few thoughts while I was trying to sleep last night.

Nocturia. The need to get up and pee. Easily resolved. Don't drink anything the night before then have a paracetemol when you get up to get rid of your dehydration headache and three mugs of coffee/tea. ;D ;D

I stayed in England recently and couldn't believe the light pollution even with curtains closed. Bearing in mind our bodies wake up with light, if your bedroom is light that cannot help no matter what you have become used to. You can get blackout blinds.

Stress and activity.  Most folk lead fairly stressful lives. Some of it is good but then slump in front of Tv and watch something stressful- Drama or a film. Then go to bed expecting to come down from that high and pop off to sleep. I suspect in an ideal world you would watch the film, then go out for an hours walk with the dog, come back sit and have a chat, then go to bed.

Food and drink. More bad practices. It is tempting to throw down loads of food and drink late in the day to assuage the rigours of the day and because you have earnt it. Problem is that causes your body to work overtime and heats you up. That makes you hot in bed.

Bedroom ambient temp. I think modern houses are far too hot in the bedroom. Again we treat ourselves because we can/or deserve it.

Beds. I agree with Dr Gixer. Memory foam mattresses and pillows are the best thing since sliced bread. I haven't tried a water bed .

Power naps. (In Spain we would call that a siesta). I have quite a few friends in Britain who admit to power naps in the afternoon. Not easy if you have a job. Again that is how nature designed our bodies. It is we that impose the "eight hours sleep at night" on our bodies.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

cleggy

« Reply #37 on: 25 June 2014, 10:41:40 »

Nocturia. The need to get up and pee. Easily resolved. Don't drink anything the night before then have a paracetemol when you get up to get rid of your dehydration headache and three mugs of coffee/tea. ;D ;D

I stayed in England recently and couldn't believe the light pollution even with curtains closed. Bearing in mind our bodies wake up with light, if your bedroom is light that cannot help no matter what you have become used to. You can get blackout blinds.

Stress and activity.  Most folk lead fairly stressful lives. Some of it is good but then slump in front of Tv and watch something stressful- Drama or a film. Then go to bed expecting to come down from that high and pop off to sleep. I suspect in an ideal world you would watch the film, then go out for an hours walk with the dog, come back sit and have a chat, then go to bed.

Food and drink. More bad practices. It is tempting to throw down loads of food and drink late in the day to assuage the rigours of the day and because you have earnt it. Problem is that causes your body to work overtime and heats you up. That makes you hot in bed.

Bedroom ambient temp. I think modern houses are far too hot in the bedroom. Again we treat ourselves because we can/or deserve it.

Beds. I agree with Dr Gixer. Memory foam mattresses and pillows are the best thing since sliced bread. I haven't tried a water bed .

Power naps. (In Spain we would call that a siesta). I have quite a few friends in Britain who admit to power naps in the afternoon. Not easy if you have a job. Again that is how nature designed our bodies. It is we that impose the "eight hours sleep at night" on our bodies.

That's why I sleep so well ;) ;D ;D I'd rather wake up at 03.00 for a pee than go tea total :y ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 June 2014, 10:54:06 »

Sounds like more sex is required all round!  ::)  ;D 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #39 on: 25 June 2014, 11:17:48 »

I don't have any problems other than not getting enough.  ;)

Dog usually gets me up between 4 & 6.

I find a strong fresh coffee sets me up in the morning, unless I'm nursing a real hangover from the night before.

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 June 2014, 15:57:52 »

I can be boderline narcoleptic,  ;D

if you dont need me for a while............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

great when travelling,

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 June 2014, 22:23:17 »

Night Owl and sometimes sleep well, other times very badly, the only consistent thing is no consistency with sleep times and sleep length. After a bad night of two I will often have a nap between 6 and 9pm which has always been my lowest point of the day. One of my most creating times for designing and programming has always been between 10pm and 2am which can often go on to as late as 4am, before I feel like sleeping. :o :o :o

I have tried everything from blackout curtains to no curtains and found it makes no difference.

My mother was a night owl, just like me and my two brothers, whereas my dad was a lark, always in bed by 10pm and up at 6am, my sister is the same.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 June 2014, 22:37:59 »

That's why I sleep so well ;) ;D ;D I'd rather wake up at 03.00 for a pee than go tea total :y ;D ;D

Me too.............. ;) :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #43 on: 26 June 2014, 00:51:43 »

AAAAAAAAAH :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 26 June 2014, 21:16:12 »

Experience suggests that emptying your balls before you go to bed aids restful sleep. :)

There is more than one way to empty your sac. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.