Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm Randomly going off  (Read 2416 times)

Iain

Alarm Randomly going off
« on: 16 March 2009, 17:04:26 »

Hi all,i tried to find it but i cant.....

My alarm is randomly going off,it has the power sounder.....

The sounder does sound ok but it appears to be going off for no reason.......

Anyonye? or is this the start of the batteries going in the sounder?

Sad

• Intermediate Member
  • Dorset
    • VW Golf
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm Randomly going off
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2009, 17:08:37 »

This seems to be the normal solution to this problem:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1220198611/0#0

Not had it myself though...

HTH    :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2009, 17:46:08 »

Hi all,i tried to find it but i cant.....

My alarm is randomly going off,it has the power sounder.....

The sounder does sound ok but it appears to be going off for no reason.......

Anyonye? or is this the start of the batteries going in the sounder?

The first thing to check is the bonnet switch. They get bent over when you're working on your engine. Make sure it's completely vertical, so that he bonnet can operate the switch properly. What tends to happen is that as the bonnet gets warm in the sun .... well it's been nice here today .... it flexes off the switch. Unplugging it will prove the switch.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2009, 17:46:37 by Andy_B »

Iain

« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2009, 18:05:50 »

I thought at first it was maybe a cat or something that had set it off last night but it went off again today,i checked all windows etc were closed,i opened it then locked it again and proceeded to kick the wheels and rock it etc etc and nothing??

The bonnet hasn't been up for about  a week now,so technically the pin switch should be un-disturbed(i will try it though).....

It was parked in against a wall(as in big wall at side and smaller wall at the front of car,i.e in the corner!) now my old man has a theory that the wind is whipping up around the corner of the wall causing the wind to go up underneath the the bottom of the engine bay setting it off........???

He meant well! ;D  

but now im actually beginning to wonder??? i have sinced moved the car to another space and it hasn't gone off since!!
« Last Edit: 16 March 2009, 18:06:36 by Iain »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2009, 18:12:22 »

They have a BIG bonnet and it doesn't take much heat to gently flex them. Disconnection is the easiest/surest way of eliminating the bonnet switch, if when disconnected, your alarm is OK, then you can definitely say it's the bonnet switch that's at fault fubar'd or just the bracket bent.

Iain

« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2009, 18:15:05 »

I'll go try it now Andy......So i just disconnect it and leave it off,say.....overnight and see what happens?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2009, 18:24:41 »

I'll go try it now Andy......So i just disconnect it and leave it off,say.....overnight and see what happens?

Yes!  :y

Iain

« Reply #7 on: 17 March 2009, 22:36:52 »

Someone please help me!!!! :'(

Tried bonett switch,still going off......

Been going off randomly all day,i have reconnected the bonett switch and its still doing it.......

It is now going off with the horn going as well.....i tried to disconnect the sounder and it just screamed its head off,so i connected it back up....

Anyone please!!

Its also bloody dark outside which doesn't help...

I have set it without the interior sensors,by using the button,and so far its fine but it is so random i cant bet its ok....is there a way of locking the car without setting the alarm.....???

:'( :'( its getting me down now and my neighbours are getting pretty pi$sed off
« Last Edit: 17 March 2009, 22:37:59 by Iain »

pauldmackay

« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2009, 22:41:59 »

disconnet the sounder it will go off for around 5-10 minutes I believe as does this  automatically when its disconnected and will then shut up, someone will advise but I think you can disconnect too within so many seconds of switching the igntion off to avoid this? 10 sec I think?

Iain

« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2009, 22:57:20 »

I can do this tomorrow but i cant really have the sounder going off that long at this time of night....... :(

My neighbours will kill me!

I need to try find out why its going off,im not getting the 4 bleeps thing.....also worried that if,whatever,is setting it off will continue to do so and all that will change is the horn will sound instead of the siren......?
« Last Edit: 17 March 2009, 22:59:14 by Iain »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2009, 23:02:51 »

The power sounder is going off because that's what it's intended to do,  it has a battery back up. When I removed an alarm from my bike I just wrapped the siren in an old towel & shoved it in a drawer in the garage till the battery died. ;D  ;D  ;D

As to the cause ...??? Sorry!  :( Other than the bonnet sensor, that's been proved not at fault.

You set the alarm when you lock it as faf as I know.

Iain

« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2009, 23:10:21 »

I read through TIS and it says to disconnect the earth on battery within 15 seconds and then remove the plug to the sounder,now had it said pull the plug from the sounder within 15 seconds then i would go to Tesco carpark and do that.......

I wonder if it would work......

So far its ok with the interior by-passed but who knows....

pauldmackay

« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2009, 23:12:57 »

surely for now if you unlock the car, then get in and push down all the door pins and close the drivers door the alarm won't be on?

it's only switched on if you lock with the key or the remote according to the manual.

Iain

« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2009, 23:14:45 »

Yeah i kind of thought if i pull the fuse for the central locking and lock the car inside and exit via a back door it would be locked without setting it??

pauldmackay

« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2009, 23:19:12 »

don't think you'll need to pull the fuse, the drivers door pin will lock all doors,  all others doors lock indvidually, do on mine anyway, it's just what some people do when they get in the car before they drive off, same thing,  alarm won't be activated.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2009, 23:22:59 by pauldmackay »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.