Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a thought, 3.0d Omega  (Read 848 times)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
Just a thought, 3.0d Omega
« on: 17 October 2009, 20:42:35 »

Has any one with a 2.5 TD thought about putting in a newer BMW 3.0d or the 3.0d twin turbo engine in to an Omega, just one of them things i've been thinking about because i friend of mine has an 07 525d and has just had a remap of the ECU and the BHP has gone from 177 to 212 and put the torque up by about another 80 which put's it in 530d class and having been in his 525 since this by god it moves and as much as i hate to say it's faster than my 3.0 V6 Omega :'(
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

I_want_an_Omega

Re: Just a thought, 3.0d Omega
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2009, 20:45:49 »

Aren' the newer BM engines 24v heads? Would they fit under the Miggy bonnet?

Just a thought

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2009, 20:49:46 »

Just a thought

Europe did get the later 24v 2.5TD's

So hopefully the 3.0d's would fit, its a nice idea. But not sure on ECU on Vx units?  :-/ - Also cost of gettting the lump in the first place.

I do very much like the 3.0d, fast, economical, and hardly sound diesel like. Not sure how well it would fit in the Omega?

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2009, 20:50:58 »

Just a thought

Dont know much about the new d engine but if it would fit i might just have to start looking for a facelift 2.5 td and a 3.0d engine.
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2009, 21:10:15 »

if v8 can fit inside why not 3.0d..

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2009, 01:35:01 »

Aaeye, if your going to fit an engine may as well make it a good one.

I have been told,iirc that the e39 2.5 and 3.0 d lumps are the same. Only differance being the state of tune, and presumably gear box relevant to the power out put if auto. Might very well be B.S. but if true, the op may just have the 3.0 map?

Anyway, would make a very nice replacement in a diesel omega they sound and drive like proper engines, no clatter. However there are numerous filters, fuel pumps and ancillarys that i dont think the omega diesel has. So would guess a very expensive project, even if it fits.... which having seen the engine mounts, may have a chance. If auto would need the matching box also i would think. :-)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2009, 09:28:54 »

Aaeye, if your going to fit an engine may as well make it a good one.

I have been told,iirc that the e39 2.5 and 3.0 d lumps are the same. Only differance being the state of tune, and presumably gear box relevant to the power out put if auto. Might very well be B.S. but if true, the op may just have the 3.0 map?

Anyway, would make a very nice replacement in a diesel omega they sound and drive like proper engines, no clatter. However there are numerous filters, fuel pumps and ancillarys that i dont think the omega diesel has. So would guess a very expensive project, even if it fits.... which having seen the engine mounts, may have a chance. If auto would need the matching box also i would think. :-)

yesterday (saturday) I see an X5 (3.0d) dismantled on friends shop for repair.. the engine was not big..
and imho can fit in miggy..Problem is the installation will really be costly even with second hand parts (not counting the risk of buying second hand donald parts) and the job of installing ancillaries is above the average shop mechnanics knowledge here.. :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.