Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody Bmw`s.....  (Read 609 times)

bertiecbx550

Bloody Bmw`s.....
« on: 18 October 2009, 16:32:05 »

the beemer overheated on the way back from blackpool on friday afternoon and i did the most stupid thing you could ever do....i released the coolant and it went all over my left arm so i`ve got burns to left forearm now all because i did not use my brain and allowed myself to rush in an effort to cool her down and get my family home.......Learnt my lesson the hard way.....need to get the viscous fan changed on the beemer now as the RAC told me this is what caused the fault and the overheating......also that the camchain possibly needs changing as this was very noisy....

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Bmw`s.....
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2009, 17:22:38 »

the beemer overheated on the way back from blackpool on friday afternoon and i did the most stupid thing you could ever do....i released the coolant and it went all over my left arm so i`ve got burns to left forearm now all because i did not use my brain and allowed myself to rush in an effort to cool her down and get my family home.......Learnt my lesson the hard way.....need to get the viscous fan changed on the beemer now as the RAC told me this is what caused the fault and the overheating......also that the camchain possibly needs changing as this was very noisy....

Actualy, its to be advised to release the coolant cap under such circumstances as it releases the pressure but, be careful when doing it!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Bmw`s.....
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2009, 17:42:34 »

Did it overheat in traffic, or at speed? If the later, its unlikely to be viscous.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.