Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C C under 4c  (Read 847 times)

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
C C under 4c
« on: 13 February 2010, 10:36:58 »

Was just thinking i know the air con shuts down at 4c and under so with that in mind would that mean that if the temp on the dash is set a say 23 c the climate  control would not be able to keep that temp as A C  is shut down or  is there a way the system works around that.

Thanks

Steve. :y
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

feeutfo

Re: C C under 4c
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2010, 12:32:38 »

i always presumed that the outside cold air replaces the ac cold air? ac cold air temp gets to about 4°c if you stick an air temp thermometer in the vent, if outside air us 4°c it uses that instead.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2010, 17:35:05 »

They actually seem to run the air con regardless of outside temperature if mine is anything to go by. It has no effect if the incoming outside air is so cold it shuts down the expansion valve.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2010, 17:53:53 »

Thanks Guys :y :y Just one of those things that i have always wonded about
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2010, 12:12:29 »

They actually seem to run the air con regardless of outside temperature if mine is anything to go by. It has no effect if the incoming outside air is so cold it shuts down the expansion valve.

Kevin
its something i always ment to check, i've always been sceptical of ac shut off at 4c, i cant tell if the ac is on from the cabin when pressing eco so certainly havent noticed it switch off in the cold weathere, but i'm certain the windows would steam up bloody quick if it did shut down, no de-humidifier running.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2010, 12:41:17 »

its something i always ment to check, i've always been sceptical of ac shut off at 4c, i cant tell if the ac is on from the cabin when pressing eco so certainly havent noticed it switch off in the cold weathere, but i'm certain the windows would steam up bloody quick if it did shut down, no de-humidifier running.

Problem is, it dehumidifies by cooling the incoming air. If it cooled it to below zero the evaporator would ice up so there is very little dehumidifying effect either. Heating the air gives plenty of dehumidifying effect in this weather though.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 22 queries.