Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 'on road mapping', Greddy ultimate  (Read 3580 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: 'on road mapping', Greddy ultimate
« Reply #30 on: 01 September 2011, 19:42:17 »

I forgot to add as well, the interface on the ECU itself isn't actually RS232, it's some proprietary signalling. You're meant to buy an interface from Apexi, but that's only available to dealers - and AFAIK they only exist in Japan..

So what you have to do is buy a little interface box (a "Datalogit") which does the translation from 'something' into RS232.. That's probably where the bottleneck really lies as it's a very basic circuit inside the box - although it does also give you two analogue-to-digital inputs to hook random things up to.

As I say, it's all built to a price point :) £400 is pretty cheap for a full P&P standalone, and the Datalogit is ~£50 secondhand..

The next project will (if it doesn't end up running a Holley carb ;)) probably be run on Megasquirt purely because I like the homebrew 'tinkering' aspect, and it won't be my only car (the MR2 was my only car when I put the turbo etc on!)..

Or possibly this: http://www.jegs.com/i/DFI/310/77011W/10002/-1
To go with this: http://www.twminduction.com/v8_kits/427_with_filters.html

:D

yep.. this explains the reason..

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 01 September 2011, 19:45:30 »

I'd love to have tried the official software - though from what I can gather it has far less features than the aftermarket.. there's even a program ('CoPilot') for the MR2 & PFC combination that will auto-tune (to a point!) fuel and ignition tables.. very handy when you're one-man tuning :)

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 September 2011, 12:42:58 »

Well.. Not much joy so far; I just got the car back together last week after a head gasket failure  :-/
Now I gotta order a new o2 sensor for the wideband- she's giving lean readings but the petrol may as well be coming neat out the back- the plugs are black as fook!!

Anyways when I get it done I need it mapped before the 11ish of October, so either need to find someone whos up to the job of a live map, or bite the bullet and take it back to TDI, which wouldn't be a bad thing, just more expensive than need be!

So the next update will probably be 'got it done at TDI and it's rapid' so if anyone knows anyone other than andy Forrest, Rs tuning,  GT motorsport or MSD (who didnt even return my email) please suggest ;) don't really need a rolling road as it's getting rr'd anyway in October with the cav turbo guys, i only want it mapping, I would get Rs to do it but can't do it on the day coz they're rammed, and it's a long way to go twice lol
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 September 2011, 13:49:03 »

The latest Megasquirt logs directly to an SD card, so I'm interested in how quick that will log. I've built the ecu. Coming to a car soon when he gets round to building it. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 September 2011, 15:57:15 »

The latest Megasquirt logs directly to an SD card, so I'm interested in how quick that will log. I've built the ecu. Coming to a car soon when he gets round to building it. ;D

U have built an ecu?? Genius.. Fancy a mapping job on a cavalier turbo?? ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 16 September 2011, 01:29:55 »

Well.. Not much joy so far; I just got the car back together last week after a head gasket failure  :-/
Now I gotta order a new o2 sensor for the wideband- she's giving lean readings but the petrol may as well be coming neat out the back- the plugs are black as fook!!

Out of interest, what wideband? If it's an Innovate LM/C-1, did you know the O2 sensor is the same used on most VWAG late model cars? The current gen Golf, for example - about £50 from VW..

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 September 2011, 07:23:26 »

Out of interest, what wideband? If it's an Innovate LM/C-1, did you know the O2 sensor is the same used on most VWAG late model cars? The current gen Golf, for example - about £50 from VW..

It's the innovative wideband (think, I nearly put broadband lol early o'clock  ::) )

I googled Bosch 4.2 LSU o2 and there coming up about £60/£70.

Just need to pull finger from bumhole and order it!! ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #37 on: 16 September 2011, 12:24:50 »

;D

To be fair it's been a year or more since I had to replace mine - I seem to remember getting it from eBay, mind; genuine Bosch unit for about £48 from a seller in Holland.

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 September 2011, 15:43:38 »

;D

To be fair it's been a year or more since I had to replace mine - I seem to remember getting it from eBay, mind; genuine Bosch unit for about £48 from a seller in Holland.

This ones from 'Riga' wherever the heck that is, EU lol, and I remembered the price wrong it was £52 free postage, but I feel reluctant as one from a UK based ebayer, £68 so I'm like  :-? hmmm it says it's the genuine new article and 99 available but.. I can't figure out if I'm just being paranoid after my last eBay purchase for some Sealey Allen keys turned out to be a mickey mouse poindshop set (refunded, finally!) or if the price difference is too good to be true..

Think I'll chance the return postage and get the cheaper one, so long as the description fits upon arrival lol ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #39 on: 16 September 2011, 16:26:18 »

Riga is the capital of Latvia ;) I hear stuff is cheaper over there, so the price sounds about right to me - worth a punt, anyway, like you say!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 September 2011, 16:35:05 »

Riga is the capital of Latvia ;) I hear stuff is cheaper over there, so the price sounds about right to me - worth a punt, anyway, like you say!

Beer and fags are very cheap. I don't think I actually bought anything else when I was there (for my cousin's stag do). ;)

Oh, I forgot curry. :-*
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 October 2011, 15:07:14 »

Hey,
Just to summarise for those who are following, I got the car mapped up yesterday...

On a hub dyno courtesy of Torque Developments International in thurruck. I was not having much luck finding someone to do it on the road for me, had a think, and decided it'd best go to tdi, as they know the car from the previous owner. Plus obvious advantages of hub dyno accuracy.

So the outcome was an increase from previous 250bhp / 241 lbft @hubs,(which showed down on the day by 3hp, oooooohhhh!!!!!)...
To a whopping....

255.4 bhp and 263.9 lbft.

Ok so it was only a marginal increase in boost, slight adjustment to the fuelling, hence only a few more ponies, but we maxxed out the range of the airflow meter!!!

I'm chuffed with the torque increase  ;D ;D

It's noticeably quicker which is good enough. I reckon that more can be made further up by messing about with the boost offset on the profec boost controller, so less air gets drawn lower down so the afm can keep up, enabling more boost higher up, but it would be snatchy, violent and horrid to drive I bet. Plus things were on the verge of getting too hot too quickly anyway, due to the restrictive turbo manifold.

But as it is it feels good, must remember it's the best part of 290 at the crank so can't complain!!

The next level now would be standalone, and a different turbo so I could get a tubular on there.

££££££££££££££ :D

I think I'll wait lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.