Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 143253 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #210 on: 24 January 2023, 14:28:02 »

I know, bit of a first world issue, but yesterday I got stupidly frustrated with the tedious job of removing 240 m.2 SSDs from their individual packaging, along with 120 m.2 RAID adapters, and fitting the drives to the adapters, and then repackaging the adapters.

The worse part was cutting the SSD boxes into tiny pieces so they would fit in the recycling wheelie bin for the council to drag away this morning.

The black wheelie bin, not due for emptying until next week, is now full of bubble bags, foam, antistatic bags and so on.  I think she might notice that there is no room for more rubbish...

I have the same situation with Cisco and Aruba boxes here from switches and routers. The joys of working from home....

I bet they'll start charging a surcharge on the council tax for work from homers soon!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 24 January 2023, 14:38:35 »

Shush. Someone will hear you !  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 24 January 2023, 14:56:23 »

I know, bit of a first world issue, but yesterday I got stupidly frustrated with the tedious job of removing 240 m.2 SSDs from their individual packaging, along with 120 m.2 RAID adapters, and fitting the drives to the adapters, and then repackaging the adapters.

The worse part was cutting the SSD boxes into tiny pieces so they would fit in the recycling wheelie bin for the council to drag away this morning.

The black wheelie bin, not due for emptying until next week, is now full of bubble bags, foam, antistatic bags and so on.  I think she might notice that there is no room for more rubbish...

I have the same situation with Cisco and Aruba boxes here from switches and routers. The joys of working from home....

I bet they'll start charging a surcharge on the council tax for work from homers soon!  ::)

I'm only a partial 'work from home' person, mainly out performing free pothole testing for Councils and Highway Agencies around the Country!  :-X ;D

chrisio

• Penrith
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 24 January 2023, 20:59:50 »

HP.  You would think after spending £18.5k on a new printer it would entitle you to a bit of support when it's dead out of the box instead of having to deal with an Indian call centre who either can't understand the problem or won't understand the problem.  3 days to get an engineer out and then he still couldn't fix it.  Finally after 2 weeks managed to get them to admit it's knackered and they will swap it.    Now the headache of getting a 9ft long printer packed back up!  Sick!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 24 January 2023, 21:11:16 »

Blimey 
you must write long letters , 9 foot long  :o
are they all to HP customer service complaining  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 24 January 2023, 22:53:19 »

Visitireland.com/northerireland adverts.

Ffs, they're two different countries.

If the most interesting thing about Ireland other than Guinness is the Giants Causeway and Titanic, they need to rethink their marketing.

Imagine if visitespagna.com based their adverts on the Rock of Gibraltar.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 25 January 2023, 05:40:44 »

I completely agree. Looks like a case of moronic civic leaders paying a lazy advertising agency a lot of Govt. money for very little work.
The relatively recent obsession with all things Titanic by the civic powers in Belfast is cringeworthy.
There is a "Titanic quarter" in Belfast now, on part of the old shipyard site. God knows how much money it cost, but it was a waste.
rewriting a city,s culture to base it around a ship that sunk on its maiden voyage beggars belief to me.  ::)
Dicaprio and Winslet have a lot to answer for. ;D
The worst thing for me these days regarding Belfast tourism is the Troubles tourist buses.
They tour the city and point out to the passengers where various atrocities took place and give them the gory details. Thats sick.  >:(
Giants causeway is moderately interesting but its been done to death imo. Theres plenty of other interesting things to publicise.
It happens to sit right in the middle of a very beautiful and interesting part of the country, and happens to have the Bushmills distillery nearby, which is always worth a visit.
I spent a lot of time around that area as a kid and Giants causeway for me, was one the of least interesting things about it - once I had seen it once, to satisfy my curiosity.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 25 January 2023, 12:02:37 »

It's being done deliberately to normalise the idea that 'Ireland' is a country rather than an island with two separate unitary states on it.  ::)

Nobody says the Republic of Ireland anymore, politicians from the Republic of Ireland traipse around Northern Ireland like they own the place and the British Government seems content for Northern Ireland to remain an enclave of the European Union where British citizens have no democratic input into many of the laws, rules and regulations that govern their lives.  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 25 January 2023, 12:50:20 »

Spot on Sir Tigger.  :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 25 January 2023, 22:12:34 »

There is a "Titanic quarter" in Belfast now, on part of the old shipyard site. God knows how much money it cost, but it was a waste.
rewriting a city,s culture to base it around a ship that sunk on its maiden voyage beggars belief to me.  ::)

Reminds me of a comedian's introduction (Can't remember which one), he said 'Someone once asked me why I became a comedian, I replied, well me Grandad worked on the Titanic and me Dad worked on the Delorean, what on Earth did you think I was going to do?"

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 26 January 2023, 00:23:16 »

Reminds me of a comedian's introduction (Can't remember which one), he said 'Someone once asked me why I became a comedian, I replied, well me Grandad worked on the Titanic and me Dad worked on the Delorean, what on Earth did you think I was going to do?"

There's still time for him to get a job at Tesla....

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 26 January 2023, 17:56:46 »

People who do 30 or 40 on a slip road to a 70 (motorway/dual carriageway) then brake because they can't merge  :o
slowing EVERYBODY down   >:(
it's happening more and more     
I'm getting fed up of wearing my brakes out because people don't know how to drive  :(
Also people not bothering to even look right as they enter an island , so I have to stop half way round the island because the idiots have just pulled out  >:(       

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 26 January 2023, 18:06:14 »

People who do 30 or 40 on a slip road to a 70 (motorway/dual carriageway) then brake because they can't merge  :o
I'm getting fed up of wearing my brakes out because people don't know how to drive  :(
Also people not bothering to even look right as they enter an island , so I have to stop half way round the island because the idiots have just pulled out  >:(     
These things, and more, started happening more often after policemen turned into cameras, Dave. There are no rules of the road any more, because there is no one to enforce those rules.
How many cars do you see with only one headlight working? Or illegible number plates?
Diesel till I die

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 26 January 2023, 18:38:17 »

INDEED - I always use the slip road to clear the spiders out of my exhaust and give both valves in the the Multiram a workout  :D, before dropping cruise on at 60 and turn up Radio 2 :) LOL

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 26 January 2023, 18:44:21 »

These things, and more, started happening more often after policemen turned into cameras, Dave. There are no rules of the road any more, because there is no one to enforce those rules.
How many cars do you see with only one headlight working? Or illegible number plates?
indeed  :y
and all the drivers with front fogs on on a clear day but when it's dense fog (recently) no lights at all , i saw very few cars with rear fogs on .

people should be made to do a test about driving rules etc before being allowed on the roads  :P

I always use the slip road to clear the spiders out of my exhaust and give both valves in the the Multiram a workout  :D, before dropping cruise on at 60 and turn up Radio 2 :) LOL
yes  :y
apart from the radio 2 part  :D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.