Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: door buttons and wider wheels 3.2 2002  (Read 959 times)

Ant - Petrol Blue Thirty Two

• St. Ives, Cornwall
    • 2002 Elite Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
door buttons and wider wheels 3.2 2002
« on: 18 May 2014, 17:32:11 »

thanks in advance...does anyone know how to properly cure the door central locking 'buttons' at the top of the door trims from rattling?  Pushing them down to lock position helps a bit but not a cure, and know I've got it in my head, they are driving me crazy.......and does anyone have experience on widening the rear wheels or using spacers to good effect?....currently standard 3.2 wheels as in oof logo with 235/45/17 tyres.....thanks

chrisgixer

Re: door buttons and wider wheels 3.2 2002
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 18:57:31 »

They either rattle within the surround in the door card, or, the metal rod rattles within in the plastic door pin itself.

To fix the later, remove the red tab within the plastic locking pin (I used a very small flat blade dibber screw driver to lever the tab out, but this marks the plastic. Removing the door card is the only other way, but damage can occur that way as well) and stick something in there to take out the play. I used borrowed double sided tape, which Is very thin,(blue tack might do, or impact adhesive? ) to stick over the tab, then just refit.

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2014, 21:28:38 »

Tab out.
Lift off.
Push tab back in.
Two turns of insulation tape, top edge of tape level with the bottom of the tab.
Refit lock pin.

Bish, bash, bosh :y

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2014, 23:50:40 »

Yep drove me crazy too!!

Took door cards off (all four) and put cheap draft excluder (cos I had some) cut long enough to fit around the inside of the door pin hole. Put it all back together and has been fine ever since. Then found the window switches rattled on the drivers door so that came apart as well and 5mm slivers of insulation tape went in the across the bottom of the buttons to shut that up. Seems facelifts like to rattle, my pre facelift never did!

But all can be fixed with a bit of perseverance.

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2014, 05:21:36 »

Window switches rattling ? 

New one on me I must say. :-\

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2014, 11:04:36 »

Yep, the two switches for the front windows rattled, drove me mad going over our wonderfully smooth roads with disappearing top layer!!

Switches were obviously used a lot even though the car hasn't done that many miles, still fixed for nowt and are perfic now....along with the lock buttons.

Great thing is when you take the switch apart nothing falls apart (springs and things etc) so it really is an easy fix.

I can live with the engine clatter but not rattles inside the cabin!!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2014, 17:32:51 »

Just slide a small cable tie down the side of offending button, works for me. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.