Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: peformance problem with my diesel,please help  (Read 796 times)

telboy

• Walton on Naze Essex
    • View Profile
peformance problem with my diesel,please help
« on: 01 April 2007, 13:05:15 »

hi to everyone Im a newbie from Walton on Naze Essex, I wonder if anyone has ideas on a performance problem ive got with my 2.5 diesel automatic, its the BMW engine and i believe is meant to perform well but mine is as exciting to drive as a milk float with a missfire :-[.... the car will initially pull away well and then seem to die as if the turbo has cut out, a rolling road test revealed 62bhp at the wheels,A tech test at Vauxhall discovered no problems at all, the turbo can be heared whistling up if i keep my foot hard on the floor it seems to run out of diesel, she is averaging 40mpg,she starts on the button everytime and generally drives lovely, i can reach a top speed of 100mph in about 60secs, and a kickdown does very little apart from make the revs a bit higher. any suggestions will be greatfully received, thanks Terry
P.S Ive changed the diesel filter and run a good quality injector cleaner through.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: peformance problem with my diesel,please help
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2007, 13:11:06 »

Dirty diesel injector? Lazy pump? Pump timing out?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2007, 13:15:22 »

Start with the basics.....

1) Check the inlet pipes carefuly, make sure none have come off and have no damage to them.....they follow a pretty torturous route on this engine passing from the airfiter and MAF down to the turbo, then off to the intercooler and back to the inlet....

2) Make sure teh ai cleaner is clean

3) Check the vac system is all good with no leaks etc

4) Check the waste gate is working correctly and not sticking, this is easy to get at from underneath.....

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2007, 13:17:26 »

Just to add support to the above....I saw one with similar symptoms......on this one the inlet pipe to the turbo had come off...

The ECU was seeing almost zero air flow throguh the MAF (the air was entering through the large leak...) and limiting the fueling accordingly....

telboy

• Walton on Naze Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2007, 13:41:43 »

Thanks to everyone for your help my mechanical skills are quite limited but i think i can follow most of the advice given to me ile let you know how i get on guys thanks again Terry

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2007, 13:43:20 »

Thanks to everyone for your help my mechanical skills are quite limited but i think i can follow most of the advice given to me ile let you know how i get on guys thanks again Terry

Where are you located?

Post up your location etc in your member profile......

You may be lucky, Someone who knows about such things may be local to you, you never know.

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2007, 20:57:51 »

hi to everyone Im a newbie from Walton on Naze Essex, I wonder if anyone has ideas on a performance problem ive got with my 2.5 diesel automatic, its the BMW engine and i believe is meant to perform well but mine is as exciting to drive as a milk float with a missfire :-[.... the car will initially pull away well and then seem to die as if the turbo has cut out, a rolling road test revealed 62bhp at the wheels,A tech test at Vauxhall discovered no problems at all, the turbo can be heared whistling up if i keep my foot hard on the floor it seems to run out of diesel, she is averaging 40mpg,she starts on the button everytime and generally drives lovely, i can reach a top speed of 100mph in about 60secs, and a kickdown does very little apart from make the revs a bit higher. any suggestions will be greatfully received, thanks Terry
P.S Ive changed the diesel filter and run a good quality injector cleaner through.

I wish mine would deliver 40mpg!
Ian
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2007, 21:01:59 »

Blimey!!!! where to start??? could be any number of things basics as said then in no particular order,check boost sensor pipe is known to snap at inlet manifold or block  with gunge preventing the engine getting enough fuel on ful boost , intercooler known to be leaking, ic pipes known to be leaking, exhaust manifold known to suffer cracking losing boost same with egr pipe, leak off ppes will lose performance if leaking etc etc!!
Omegatoy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.