Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anniversary meal  (Read 2227 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Anniversary meal
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2022, 22:23:20 »

On that Christmas menu, for 'beef' and 'turkey' and 'cheese', read 'shite'.  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 November 2022, 22:24:30 »

Thanks for the good wishes all, and the culinary advice Malcolm. You got the cheapskate bit spot on  ;D
Not really , you're an armature  ::)
you spent £8  :o
instead of £3.50 clicky
or better still £3 on....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 November 2022, 22:24:39 »

You do know that you can cut a whole leg of lamb into two parts, and you'll get two half legs? And you can cut the top of a whole leg off to get 2 lamb steaks.

You will need to buy a decent bandsaw to cut it - but that gives you an excuse to go to your favourite power tool store as well. Win-Win.

However, it's also true that large lumps of meat cook better than smaller joints. And since Roast Lamb is also my favourite, just roast the whole thing yer cheapskate.

And don't forget the Rosemary and mint sauce.

Fixed that for you Malc!  :y  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 November 2022, 22:25:08 »

Did she get the requested 'Hot chocolate fudge cake with double cream' then?
She got 1/4 of it, I got 3/4 of it. Seems only fair  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 November 2022, 22:26:21 »

Thanks for the good wishes all, and the culinary advice Malcolm. You got the cheapskate bit spot on  ;D
instead of £3.50 clicky

Are you trying to wind me up?
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 November 2022, 22:32:10 »

instead of £3.50 clicky

Are you trying to wind me up?
Amateur  :-[ bloody gay auto correct spelling poking it's paperclip in  :P
Don't get excited and start spinning  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 November 2022, 22:57:30 »

You do know that you can cut a whole leg of lamb into two parts, and you'll get two half legs? And you can cut the top of a whole leg off to get 2 lamb steaks.

You may need to buy a decent hacksaw blade to cut it - but that gives you an excuse to go to your favourite hardware store as well. Win-Win.

However, it's also true that large lumps of meat cook better than smaller joints. And since Roast Lamb is also my favourite, just roast the whole thing yer cheapskate.

What d'yer reckon to this for Christmas dinner? This is the kind of thing you have to do for your kid, wish me luck  :(

The stuffed Yorkshire puds sound nice... Not sure how you make vegan turkey though because birds eat all sorts of crap... Worms, grubs...  :D

Almost as much of a mind opps as Turkey Ham ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 November 2022, 23:06:16 »

You may need to buy a decent hacksaw blade to cut it - but that gives you an excuse to go to your favourite hardware store as well. Win-Win.

What d'yer reckon to this for Christmas dinner? This is the kind of thing you have to do for your kid, wish me luck  :(

The stuffed Yorkshire puds sound nice... Not sure how you make vegan turkey though because birds eat all sorts of crap... Worms, grubs...  :D

Almost as much of a mind opps as Turkey Ham ;D

And who the hell wants waffer thin roast beef?  ???  :-\   ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 November 2022, 23:11:27 »

« Last Edit: 28 November 2022, 23:13:11 by Doctor Gollum »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 November 2022, 23:23:15 »

It's not even actual beef ;D

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TcwLEgzNDdgdGDwYitOzSxJzAMAOtMFww&q=seitan&oq=seitcan&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i13i433i512j0i13i512j46i13i175i199i512j0i13i131i433i512j0i13i512j46i13i175i199i512j0i13i512.6369j0j7&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Calling it 'food' is a stretch >:(

Presumably, making it waffer thin hides the fact that it is so far removed from actual meat that it may as well be cardboard.

Ooops!  ;D   I assumed it was posh beef like Wagyu or something.  ::)

Waffer thin wheat gluten with horseradish. Yum!  :D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 November 2022, 23:36:16 »

You will need to buy a decent bandsaw to cut it - but that gives you an excuse to go to your favourite power tool store as well. Win-Win.

Fixed that for you Malc!  :y  ;D

Good point, well made. Just been watching a program about the "Middle Aisle". Wonder if they'll take the hint and have a cheap band saw there anytime soon.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2022, 23:42:41 »

No, just no.

They can't even get their own menu correct - The Turkey & Cranberry sub contains "Wafer Thin Seitan Beef" and no Turkey (fake or real), presumably because with this veggie muck you can't actually tell the difference between the fake beef and the fake turkey.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2022, 23:56:05 »

It's our anniversary today and, as it's a school day (literally  ;D), I said I would cook something for when she got home. I asked her what she wanted and she said she really, really fancied a lamb roast dinner. Ok, no probs, and for pudding? Hot chocolate fudge cake with double cream. Easy.
Went to Asda this morning to get the bits, thought I'd start with the lamb. They had no half legs, just two full ones. Now, you can call me tight, and I know it's our anniversary and all, but I am not paying £28.50 for a leg of lamb. They can wedge it.
So she got lamb chops instead, £8 for 8.

Cue all the jibes about me being a big, romantic softie......not  ;D

Last week overnight visitors. Best man from my wedding & his Mrs not seen for 14 years.

Half filet of welsh beef. Pan seared a few mins, 20 mins roasted, 20 mins rested. Pan roasted new tatties, green beans, home made garlic sauce. Way less than £28 for the lot and delicious, for four. The wine was more expensive.

Tight or what?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 November 2022, 23:58:49 »

It's our anniversary today and, as it's a school day (literally  ;D), I said I would cook something for when she got home. I asked her what she wanted and she said she really, really fancied a lamb roast dinner. Ok, no probs, and for pudding? Hot chocolate fudge cake with double cream. Easy.
Went to Asda this morning to get the bits, thought I'd start with the lamb. They had no half legs, just two full ones. Now, you can call me tight, and I know it's our anniversary and all, but I am not paying £28.50 for a leg of lamb. They can wedge it.
So she got lamb chops instead, £8 for 8.

Cue all the jibes about me being a big, romantic softie......not  ;D

Last week overnight visitors. Best man from my wedding & his Mrs not seen for 14 years.

Half filet of welsh beef. Pan seared a few mins, 20 mins roasted, 20 mins rested. Pan roasted new tatties, green beans, home made garlic sauce. Way less than £28 for the lot and delicious, for four. The wine was more expensive.

Tight or what?
Only if you 'forgot' to open the wine :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 November 2022, 07:14:22 »

No, just no.

They can't even get their own menu correct - The Turkey & Cranberry sub contains "Wafer Thin Seitan Beef" and no Turkey (fake or real), presumably because with this veggie muck you can't actually tell the difference between the fake beef and the fake turkey.

Yet, if someone launched a line of "meat based" Tofu products they'd probably have all the vegantards up in arms. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.