Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 migrants drowned in channel  (Read 3527 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
24 migrants drowned in channel
« on: 24 November 2021, 16:32:53 »

Terrible
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: 24 migrants drowned in channel
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2021, 16:57:12 »

Oh dear what a shame.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2021, 17:17:45 »

That is terrible, a waste of human life, due to mans inhumanity to man, and pure greed by the traffickers who the French and UK Governments are failing dismally to stop! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2021, 17:23:00 »

That is terrible, a waste of human life, due to mans inhumanity to man, and pure greed by the traffickers who the French and UK Governments are failing dismally to stop! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Yeah
Diesel till I die

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2021, 17:52:34 »

Now totalled at 27

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2021, 18:02:49 »

That is terrible, a waste of human life, due to pure greed by the traffickers who the French Government is failing dismally to stop! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fixed that for you Lizzie.   ::)

This is on the French government who have allowed organised crime to flourish on their northern shores and I wouldn't be surprised if it emerged that there have been some nice fat brown envelopes ending up in the pockets of French officials and politicians courtesy of the people traffickers.  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2021, 18:09:27 »

Yeah

Yes, I know how you and many others feel Steve about all these foreigners invading our lands.

But, just remember it was the Western nations including, and especially GB, that invaded their lands, robbed their lands of anything of worth, forced them into slavery and brought them to the West*, then got them to fight the 'White Mans Wars' in the 20th Century, then invaded their lands to fight wars in the 21st Century which destroyed the political and religious balance of those lands.

In short the West, along with Britain, created the history which has formed the modern challenge of mass movements of people.

To use an old saying:  We sowed the wind, now we reap the whirlwind.

Without forming a sealed, undemocratic, autocratic state, like China, I do not know of a sensible, practice, answer to this challenge for the UK or Europe. :( :(

*I of course recognise that some foreign, no-western, states and their peoples, especially in Africa, were also heavily involved in this.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2021, 18:14:12 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2021, 18:11:12 »

That is terrible, a waste of human life, due to pure greed by the traffickers who the French Government is failing dismally to stop! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

This is on the French government who have allowed organised crime to flourish on their northern shores and I wouldn't be surprised if it emerged that there have been some nice fat brown envelopes ending up in the pockets of French officials and politicians courtesy of the people traffickers.  >:(

I agree, but after our Government paying the French at least £54 million to stop this challenge, our politicians are also responsible for it all. ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2021, 18:12:52 »

A terrible, but inevitable tragedy. I would imagine that the good that will come out of it, is that the politicians will now be shamed into putting a stop to it.
Cant imagine how they can let it carry on, and continue to use these people as political pawns, after this.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2021, 18:22:13 »

I agree, but after our Government paying the French at least £54 million to stop this challenge, our politicians are also responsible for it all. ;)

Not really.  We paid the French to stop the boat people and they haven't bothered.  I expect some of that £54 mill has been trousered by French officials and politicians as well.  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2021, 18:35:43 »

::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 November 2021, 18:49:43 »

Death toll now at 31 and expected to rise further.
French (and arguably British) politicians have been complicit. They are willingly, the last links in a chain of global people traffickers.
If the world was just they would end up behind bars along with the rest of the chain, but thats never going to happen.
The French have allowed all these people to come, just to piss off the British.
The British Govt. have said they would like to do something to stop it but are powerless.
I think they are not so much powerless as utterly spineless.
Shame on all of them. >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 November 2021, 22:55:35 »

Couple of random thoughts.

What are the EU doing as these migrants didn’t parachute into France before getting on a smugglers boat?

There has always been migration. The Irish left Ireland in huge numbers during famine for example. Italy likewise. The countries they ended up in weren’t exactly welcoming and yet now they are part of  society.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 November 2021, 23:54:53 »

Couple of random thoughts.

What are the EU doing as these migrants didn’t parachute into France before getting on a smugglers boat?

There has always been migration. The Irish left Ireland in huge numbers during famine for example. Italy likewise. The countries they ended up in weren’t exactly welcoming and yet now they are part of  society.

Well Sir , if you don't know by now why there is such a public aversion to mass uncontrolled , unregulated and unscrutinised economic migration from predominantly non Christian countries  then you must let us all know where you purchased the bubble you live in .

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 November 2021, 01:29:41 »

At the present rate of passive invasion it won’t be long before this country will be worse than the places these people are leaving.
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.