Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega GLS  (Read 4108 times)

OMEGA VXR

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicester
  • I love my Omega
    • View Profile
Omega GLS
« on: 27 March 2007, 21:47:11 »

Hi Everyone,

Here are Some Pics of My Omega, What do you Think?

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/WJones_2007/Lee%20Photos/DSCF0113-2.jpg[/IMG]  [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/WJones_2007/Lee%20Photos/DSCF0114-1.jpg[/IMG]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega GLS
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2007, 21:48:44 »

Why has ir got a facelift front end on it....
Grumpy old man

OMEGA VXR

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicester
  • I love my Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2007, 22:01:46 »

why? dont you like it???

Ive had her now for 3 years and originally i wanted a face lift one but couldnt afford it at the time, this one had full detailed service history plus shes in good condition,so i bought this one (in my budget) and had the idea to face lift it,got all the parts off a Y reg omega for less than £150.BARGAIN!

I think it looks great, plus i get a lot of people with omegas stopping and having a chat with me.

thanks

Lee
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/WJones_2007/Lee%20Photos/DSCF0113-2.jpg[/IMG]  [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/WJones_2007/Lee%20Photos/DSCF0114-1.jpg[/IMG]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2007, 22:04:14 »

why? dont you like it???

Ive had her now for 3 years and originally i wanted a face lift one but couldnt afford it at the time, this one had full detailed service history plus shes in good condition,so i bought this one (in my budget) and had the idea to face lift it,got all the parts off a Y reg omega for less than £150.BARGAIN!

I think it looks great, plus i get a lot of people with omegas stopping and having a chat with me.

thanks

Lee
Personally, I prefer the prefacelift front, but it would be boring if we were all the same.

It may affect resale value, that was my concern...
Grumpy old man

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2007, 22:58:12 »

why? dont you like it???

thanks

Lee

I want to get facelift mirrors and door moldings for mine (and irmscher bumpers) was it easy to do Lj?
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2007, 23:02:18 »

Personally I think it looks a lot better than a standard early GLS would :)

I prefer the pre-facelift bonnet and irmscher grille, but the bumpers and side mouldings from the facelift are definitely better without that hideous black trim.

Your next upgrade should be a set of decent sized wheels, either 16" or 17". If money is tight a set of pre-facelift Elite wheels will be cheap, but facelift ones will probably be best with the rest of the mods.

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2007, 02:42:37 »

& some clear side repeaters  ;)
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2007, 09:00:52 »

& get rid of the smelly on the air vents. ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

-MAV-

• Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2007, 15:25:42 »

I prefer the pre-facelift bonnet and irmscher grille, but the bumpers and side mouldings from the facelift are definitely better without that hideous black trim.

Your next upgrade should be a set of decent sized wheels, either 16" or 17". If money is tight a set of pre-facelift Elite wheels will be cheap, but facelift ones will probably be best with the rest of the mods.
+1 i'm totally agree!
i
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6393/tricyclesmalltg6.jpg[/img] FWD Sucks!

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2007, 14:00:41 »

Agreed mate,
I replaced my door mouldings and mirrors with facelift one's and they look a lot more modern

PS: I like the your car LJ
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

OMEGA VXR

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicester
  • I love my Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2007, 15:06:52 »

Thanks Jim

I wanted to be different, I dont think anybody has done what Ive done.  
I really like yours I thought about doing that to mine but I couldnt afford all the irmscher body kit!!
so i decided to facelift it cos the parts were cheap,I definately wanted the mv6 front bumper though it looks more meen looking than the others.
Ive also put in the elite leather interior, auto dip rear view mirror,electric rear blind,electric rear windows,cruise control,MID,sunvisors with lights,chrome rings around the clocks,and ive lowered it aswell, but defo want some alloys! I like those mv6 ones youve got,I can get a brand new set of 4 of those without tyres for £395 is that a good price?

Thanks

Lee

SonicMarmalade

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2007, 18:08:55 »

Looks great. I'm particularly chuffed because it means my theory about changing front ends is right. Which parts did you have to change, and which were the same? Were there any problems during the transplant? I'm thinking of putting a pre-facelift front end on a facelift omega.

amigov6

« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2007, 18:34:25 »

Personally not keen on facelift models, but you,ve done something individual here plus it's good to see an early mig looking so tidy. Nice one.

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #13 on: 30 March 2007, 14:46:06 »

Thanks Jim

I wanted to be different, I dont think anybody has done what Ive done.  
I really like yours I thought about doing that to mine but I couldnt afford all the irmscher body kit!!
so i decided to facelift it cos the parts were cheap,I definately wanted the mv6 front bumper though it looks more meen looking than the others.
Ive also put in the elite leather interior, auto dip rear view mirror,electric rear blind,electric rear windows,cruise control,MID,sunvisors with lights,chrome rings around the clocks,and ive lowered it aswell, but defo want some alloys! I like those mv6 ones youve got,I can get a brand new set of 4 of those without tyres for £395 is that a good price?

Thanks

Lee

I got mine on eBay, paid £250 with tyre's. £395 brand new is a good price but I'm shop around on eBay first :y
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 March 2007, 19:16:51 »

Looks very nice, like the rims have'nt seen them before, but then probably cos I spend too much time on the  :o :o :o :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.