Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine still moody  (Read 455 times)

05omegav6

Engine still moody
« on: 28 March 2011, 22:12:31 »

Following on from the spark plug issue:

Debris seems to have made its' way out, as a lot quieter. :-/

Engine runs ok, if a bit throaty, and revs freely,and pulls like a train, but still hunting at idle, (450-600) rpm.  :-/

I've replaced both coil packs, all 6 plugs and all three layers of gaskets/seals on the inlet side. :-/

Engine idles better with the MAF sensor plugged in, although starts to hunt more and misfire slightly if left to idle for long periods, ie over 10 mins. Temp still fine, oil and coolant not used a drop of either.

Emissions light has finally gone out, though I should probably put the bulb back in...  ::)

Seriously though, not sure what else can be done without some in depth dismantling. :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Engine still moody
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2011, 10:56:20 »

Doesn't sound like anything serious. Throttle bodies needing a clean perhaps?

Are all the vac pipes and breathers back on? No split hoses? Fuel pressure reg. reference pipe still connected under the plenum?

Could also be the MAF or Lambda sensor starting to go faulty perhaps? Is it any worse or better when started from cold against fully warmed up?

Some live data from a code reader would be useful at this point.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

Re: Engine still moody
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2011, 20:10:40 »

Throttle bodies needing a clean perhaps
done. :y

No split hoses? Fuel pressure reg. reference pipe still connected under the plenum
no, yes. :y

Are all the vac pipes and breathers back on
No, small pipe from non return valve on brake servo vac pipe disconnected as connector busted, (on order from vx). :-/

Is it any worse or better when started from cold against fully warmed up
Seems to get worse as it warms up. :-/

Had a run into London last night, Gatwick to Balham, back to Coulsdon: no probs. But started to run more and more roughly as I got on to the M23.
Can only describe it as like trying to drive a laden 7.5t lorry up hill with the exhaust brake on. Basically no power, wouldn't rev/ pull uphill, although level road/ downhill not to bad,almost as though there was no torque. :-/

The engine eventually cut out on a roundabout. restarted at the first turn of the key, and was running as if nothing had happened.  :-/

Starts to run rough if stationary for long, but switching of and on again seems to cure it, which makes me think electrical.

No new fault codes though :-/

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.