Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Estate rear glass  (Read 3427 times)

waspy

Re: Estate rear glass
« Reply #15 on: 10 November 2012, 12:33:35 »

I have one that you're welcome to have FOC. Welcome to collect :) It's currently stuck to the tail gate. What's the best way to remove one?

Thats very kind of you mate :y.  Not sure how you remove one to be honest the last time i had a screen from a breakers they used a tool that was a wire with blocks and it took awhile.  Can i ask what colour the tailgate is mate????

The tail gate is of no use. Full of rust, it's blue. If you want the glass it's yours :y :y I planned on weighing the tail gate in, but if you want the whole thing that's up to you.

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 November 2012, 08:49:11 »

If you can get the glass out mate i will take it thanks again mate. :y :y

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 November 2012, 19:11:22 »

cheese wire on two handles...got them here if needed..and the tool to poke wire through..and a kent tool :y but wire it out is best.to avoid the big bang :y

waspy

« Reply #18 on: 12 November 2012, 17:13:34 »

If you can get the glass out mate i will take it thanks again mate. :y :y

I'll have a look this weekend. Leave it with me :y

waspy

« Reply #19 on: 12 November 2012, 17:16:15 »

cheese wire on two handles...got them here if needed..and the tool to poke wire through..and a kent tool :y but wire it out is best.to avoid the big bang :y

Apart from the cheese counter, where would I get some cheese wire from :-\ :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 November 2012, 17:27:08 »

Cheese wire is just thin wire on a bit of wooden handle ..  If you wish to PM me your address I'll send you a yard of stainless wire that will do the job ... but you'll have to supply your own bits of wood, or your hands will be cut to ribbons !!!

waspy

« Reply #21 on: 12 November 2012, 19:46:57 »

Cheese wire is just thin wire on a bit of wooden handle ..  If you wish to PM me your address I'll send you a yard of stainless wire that will do the job ... but you'll have to supply your own bits of wood, or your hands will be cut to ribbons !!!

PM incoming :y

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 November 2012, 20:50:09 »

Guys can i just thank you all for the trouble you are going to for me. :y :y

waspy

« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2012, 11:58:07 »

Unfortunately the cheese wire hasn't been received so I don't know what's happening there :-\

I've had a go at removing it by cutting it with craft blades, I broken many & not got very far, I don't seem to be able to get all the way through the sealant :-[
I have noticed that the near side heater element blades (where the wire fixes) has been broken off, because of this are you still wanting the glass? I would say you could solder on another one from the old glass.

Let me know  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 November 2012, 13:14:11 »

Unfortunately the cheese wire hasn't been received so I don't know what's happening there :-\

I've had a go at removing it by cutting it with craft blades, I broken many & not got very far, I don't seem to be able to get all the way through the sealant :-[
I have noticed that the near side heater element blades (where the wire fixes) has been broken off, because of this are you still wanting the glass? I would say you could solder on another one from the old glass.

Posted middle of last week ... 1st class ... you really should have had it by now .... :(

waspy

« Reply #25 on: 18 November 2012, 13:37:31 »

Posted middle of last week ... 1st class ... you really should have had it by now .... :(

I knew you wouldn't let me down. I don't know what's happened :-\ I'd still like to know how they can lose things ??? ???

I have had my letters posted through someone else's door before & visa versa ::)

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2012, 21:59:04 »

I've had a go at removing it by cutting it wi :yth craft blades, I broken many & not got very far, I don't seem to be able to get all the way through the sealant :-[

Hi Pete,
Because of the trouble and the fact of the blade that's missing i will leave it for now thanks for the offer and the trouble you have gone to already mate.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.