Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is it?????  (Read 1474 times)

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Why is it?????
« on: 03 March 2012, 04:40:54 »

>:( Made plans after looking at the weather forecast for today to start constructing an outside storage container for the leccy bits used in the garden. Guess what, got up this morning to what was not forecast......'issing rain! Can these weather fools not get it right just for once. I should have listened to my knachered legs cos they tell me when the weather is going to be cold or wet but instead, like a t*at, I took the 'expert' advice despite my legs telling me the opposite. Lesson learned now, b*llocks to them and in future I will listen to my legs........
Anyone else got bits that tell them about the weather? How accurate are they? Maybe if there is enough of us we can start our own reliable weather forecasting service............its a thought ;D
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

cleggy

Re: Why is it?????
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2012, 06:34:39 »

I look out of the window  ;D ;D ;D :y

Big_Al

« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2012, 07:11:07 »

Knees. . . sure sign of rain if they are aching. ;D ;D ;D ;D 

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2012, 08:22:04 »

head getting wet for me :D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2012, 08:31:27 »

The MET Office has been getting it very wrong for come time now.  Last summer I was planning on visiting the IOW in my dinghy to see my cousin who was holidaying there.  Sailing the dinghy in open water is safe in F4 and below (occ 5 is manageable but hairy)

For the entire 2 weeks she was there everyday day had a 6 in the forecast so I stayed at home yet when I checked the actuals on the web it was usually just 3-4.  I didn't want to risk being an RNLI statistic so didn't chance it but I was bloody annoyed!

For building stuff outside I have a nice big (pink) tunnel (oo-er) tent which both the car and the boat fit nicely under  :y

Martian

« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2012, 08:57:32 »

>:( Made plans after looking at the weather forecast for today to start constructing an outside storage container for the leccy bits used in the garden. Guess what, got up this morning to what was not forecast......'issing rain! Can these weather fools not get it right just for once. I should have listened to my knachered legs cos they tell me when the weather is going to be cold or wet but instead, like a t*at, I took the 'expert' advice despite my legs telling me the opposite. Lesson learned now, b*llocks to them and in future I will listen to my legs........
Anyone else got bits that tell them about the weather? How accurate are they? Maybe if there is enough of us we can start our own reliable weather forecasting service............its a thought ;D
The MET's accuraccy rate is 52%, so you might as well just stick your head out of the window in the morning.

As far as weather apps are concerned, they pull their data from the MET Office.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2012, 09:16:30 »

They spend too much of their budget on yogurt knitting and not enough on providing the public service for which they are responsible, IMHO. ;)

We have a couple of guys at the gliding club who achieve better accuracy despite not having millions of quid chucked at them.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2012, 09:19:40 »

My "app" (i hate that word) said rain all weekend here :-\  guess it had the other 48% ?

Wet snow forecast for tomorrow morning. Which just happenes to be the only time in a fortnight the Mrs can go out training for her charity moon walk . I guess there's a reason why it only seems to rain at the weekend.

Martian

« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2012, 09:29:10 »

My "app" (i hate that word) said rain all weekend here :-\  guess it had the other 48% ?

Wet snow forecast for tomorrow morning. Which just happenes to be the only time in a fortnight the Mrs can go out training for her charity moon walk . I guess there's a reason why it only seems to rain at the weekend.
God gets a kick out of pi$$ing on your camp fire  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2012, 09:32:03 »

Yeah, just ironed out the last couple of teething problems with the Westfield last night, so, as you can imagine, I'm over the moon with the current situation. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #10 on: 03 March 2012, 11:31:33 »

it's sunny here......   

but the Oxford Vs Swindon Footie derby kicks off at 12 ish.....     so i reckon it'll start pissing down at about 20 past
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

feeutfo

« Reply #11 on: 03 March 2012, 11:40:53 »

God gets a kick out of pi$$ing on your camp fire  ;D
Suns out here too at the moment.  :P

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 March 2012, 20:22:44 »

Had both extremes here today..... ::) ::) ::)

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 March 2012, 05:09:44 »

;D ;D Guffer, A big PINK tunnell - best not let darth in on that one cos Daz loves PINK ( and Rick Astley) ;D ;D ;D
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 March 2012, 05:13:27 »

:'(
Almost forget :'( this.....this is the 4th day of issing down with that frikkin fine stuff that gets everywhere.
It should be overcast, dry and chilly - no 'precipitation' as those tossers like to call rain.....
Maybe its time they either got it near right or just plain  :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.