Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cubed  (Read 2319 times)

Humpy

• Intermediate Member
  • Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    • View Profile
Re: Cubed
« Reply #15 on: 03 December 2009, 12:02:13 »

This scrappage scheme annoys me, especially when you get some pompous BBC reporter showing a more modern car than mine, which is perfectly serviceable, going to the crusher as it's an "old car". As has been said, it wouldn't be so bad if people were buying British cars (what British cars I hear you cry) but to send the money abroad makes evenn less sense to me.

Humpy

PS I remember years ago, when I was a member of the VX4/90 Owners Club, a member mooted that he could run his old car until it disintegrated and it still wouldn't make as much pollution as it took to make the new enviromentally acceptable car! That's probably true even today with even cleaner running cars, I wouldn't like to say.

Goonybird

• Northampton
  • Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 December 2009, 18:56:05 »

Well I like the scappage scheme as it played right into my hands.
Was a company car but decide to take cash option in May. Bought my 10 year old miggy which I love. We had a 13 year old Toyota Paseo owned last 7 years and in very good condition (worth £600-700 tops)
However when Toyota offered a brand new yaris with a px of £2,500 you don't refuse (which works out the same price as a 3year old yaris)
So we have a new car that will have zero depreciation in the first 3 years. That does 50mpg £35 tax group 1 insurance.
So I reckon I am about Carbon neutral ;D
« Last Edit: 03 December 2009, 19:00:02 by goonybird »
Have owned: Opel Manta A 1900 Auto Berlinetta, Opel Manta B 2.0 Auto Berlinetta, Vx Royale Coupe 2.8 Auto, various non Vx, Skoda Superb 130tdi currently Omega 2.5CDX - now Octavia vRS WRC

psg150

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 December 2009, 20:34:34 »

Well - what a debate... I only posted to say a big THANKS!! to all on the forum.

For the record, if you have a heap (I would have had to spend spend spend on my miggy) then the deal takes care of 1 -2 yrs depreciation or the interest on a HP scheme - either if you haggle hard.

Having spoken to the dealers, they are not so hot on the scrappage scheme - "barely worth the time" according to skoda... They can't shift a whole heap of 1/2 year old cars to boot...

The cheaper the car, the better.

Anyway, I'll probably buy another mig too for the family so see y'all real soon!!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2009, 19:40:05 »

Interesting thread. I recently considered a new Mondeo TDci Auto Ghia Estate - lots of legroom offered, I'm 6'4" - but couldn't bear the thought of my Mig going for scrap, so withdrew from the deal.:D

Goonybird

• Northampton
  • Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 December 2009, 08:57:26 »

Interesting thread. I recently considered a new Mondeo TDci Auto Ghia Estate - lots of legroom offered, I'm 6'4" - but couldn't bear the thought of my Mig going for scrap, so withdrew from the deal.:D

Sorry, imho, only one car that comes anywhere near a miggy is a Skoda Superb. Had one for 3 years and would go for another except migs cheaper to buy and repair.
Have owned: Opel Manta A 1900 Auto Berlinetta, Opel Manta B 2.0 Auto Berlinetta, Vx Royale Coupe 2.8 Auto, various non Vx, Skoda Superb 130tdi currently Omega 2.5CDX - now Octavia vRS WRC

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 December 2009, 09:42:16 »

Sorry, imho, only one car that comes anywhere near a miggy is a Skoda Superb. Had one for 3 years and would go for another except migs cheaper to buy and repair.

Must have a look at one. What is the legroom like? :-/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.