Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, so little fuel  (Read 2645 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Why, so little fuel
« on: 28 April 2012, 21:41:02 »

She has gone to a works do so I had to give her a lift and pick her up later tonight..... ::) ::)
I grabbed her car keys, I like driving this Mig... :y :y Got in, started her up, the car not swmbo, no petrol, she said there was loads, said it would get her to work and back for a couple of days yet, just above the red.....range 48 miles..... ::) ::)
Why run the car so low? she does it all the time and I keep telling her, what if there is a road closure, we are in a rural location so any detour could be a long way...........I get 'jittery' when the needle hovers above the 1/4 mark....Filled it up on the way home..... :D :D :D

feeutfo

Re: Why, so little fuel
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2012, 22:02:08 »

I'm with her on that one. On my commute I'd look to fill it after one trip to work/22miles.

I like to see how many miles I can get from a tank. Although Eco driving only kicks in, if at all, in the last quarter of the tank.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2012, 22:07:51 »

I waste too much of my life at petrol stations, so only fill up when the vapour runs out...
Grumpy old man

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2012, 22:08:52 »

Did you see that garage owner interviewed on telly last night. Was asked why her fuel was still a high price, when the price of oil has dropped.
She said she could not lower the price as she paid a high price for her fuel and had to empty the tanks so she could then buy cheaper fuel. !!!!
I would bet a penny to a piece of sh*t that when she buys it cheap and then the price goes up, she does not empy her tanks before a price rise >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2012, 22:12:04 »

It's a woman thing.
You get in, see the gauge, give off stink, and then YOU ( I mean men in general) fill it up  :-X
As a race we lose out on this one ......... women have us sussed  :D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2012, 22:12:38 »

My wife is a dabber for that, they would bleed dry....'Never noticed' is the normal answer. When I get arsey she usually says..'And when did you last iron a shirt'  :)
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2012, 22:25:27 »

She has gone to a works do so I had to give her a lift and pick her up later tonight..... ::) ::)
I grabbed her car keys, I like driving this Mig... :y :y Got in, started her up, the car not swmbo, no petrol, she said there was loads, said it would get her to work and back for a couple of days yet, just above the red.....range 48 miles..... ::) ::)
Why run the car so low? she does it all the time and I keep telling her, what if there is a road closure, we are in a rural location so any detour could be a long way...........I get 'jittery' when the needle hovers above the 1/4 mark....Filled it up on the way home..... :D :D :D

I think you just answered you own question as to why she does it there mate.  ;) ;D
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2012, 23:45:00 »

Just picked her up, with Miss Vamps in her PJ's ::)  swmbo noticed the fuel, and said that if I am going to fill it up I can used the Omega more often.......that's kind of her...........I bought it :D :D :D

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2012, 02:37:06 »

Just picked her up, with Miss Vamps in her PJ's ::)  swmbo noticed the fuel, and said that if I am going to fill it up I can used the Omega more often.......that's kind of her...........I bought it :D :D :D

;D ;D :D :-X

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2012, 02:50:10 »

You can't beat a woman's logic when a man is paying.  :o :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2012, 07:59:15 »

My wife is a dabber for that, they would bleed dry....'Never noticed' is the normal answer. When I get arsey she usually says..'And when did you last iron a shirt:)

Whats an iron  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ ::) :-X :( :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2012, 09:10:13 »

My wife is a dabber for that, they would bleed dry....'Never noticed' is the normal answer. When I get arsey she usually says..'And when did you last iron a shirt:)

Something used in golf I think
Grumpy old man

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2012, 15:26:10 »

one of those metal bats? lol
V8!!!!

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2012, 17:26:42 »

I have to be below at the very lowest 20 miles on the range before I put any fuel in. I've worked out in my cars I've had how far I can still go when the Range says 0. It's a good game ;D
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

OOMV6

« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2012, 18:39:28 »

Often wondered why peeps get stressy at qtr of a tank. The omega has 18 - 19 litres left at qtr. Should be good for for a good few miles before real worry should set in.

Furthermore, why the hell do we worry about what others do. I know someone who nevers lets it go below qtr. I, on the other hand, will almost always see a petrol light before filling up, or at least the display showing less then 100km left, often far less. So I have my way, and they have their way. Guess what - neither of us run out.

Me and my good lady have an understanding, I guess. It never comes up in conversation, and if we drive one another's car and need fuel, we buy some. If not, we don't.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2012, 21:59:03 »

It's the thing that I use to iron my work shirts, I do it better than swmbo :y :y.....she does all the other stuff though.. :D :D

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • 99 2.5 V6, 03 2.2 CD FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2012, 22:35:25 »

I have to be below at the very lowest 20 miles on the range before I put any fuel in. I've worked out in my cars I've had how far I can still go when the Range says 0. It's a good game ;D

I play that game quite often in in the middle of one now iv had a blast up m3 4 junctions before I lost my nerve max id say is about 12-15 miles
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elm327 code reader And OP COM available Locally PM Me
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.