Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, oh why...  (Read 1119 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Why, oh why...
« on: 26 May 2008, 14:43:11 »

Tomorrow, I have to interview, for my own job. I'm sure it's already got my name on, but I have to go through the formality.

Don't ask.

Yesterday, woke up feeling groggy. As day went on, felt awful.

Today, woke up, horrendous temperature, full of gunge, throat so sore I can hardly speak without wincing in pain.

I need to somehow attend this interview tomorrow, if I want a job to go to next week  :'( :'( :'(

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
Re: Why, oh why...
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2008, 14:45:12 »

It could be just nerves? Don't worry it will be ok tomorrow when you get there.
By the way good luck! :y
best wishes
Simon.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2008, 14:45:47 »

Not at all nervous, I know everyone on the panel personally!

waspy

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2008, 14:50:57 »

Just go, but explain what's wrong. You're only human. Don't the Panel get ill. That way at least you've shown that your willing to attend even when ill

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2008, 16:49:26 »

try taking some dyhralite sachets, puts back lost fluid to the body, they work for me and brill for hangovers too. hope you feel better and all goes well tomorrow james.  :y

richie

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2008, 16:50:54 »

Good luck .. you shouldn't need it ... :)

Hope you feel better, as previously said .. lots of fluids and a couple of asprin every 6 hours will help alleviate the symptoms

:y :y :y

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2008, 16:55:04 »

You'll be fine James just follow entwood's advice :y..what's probably not helping is the fact that you may have pre-interview depression/sickness aswell :y
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 16:55:14 by mickdundee »

HolyCount

« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2008, 17:09:12 »

Best of luck -- if you do have a bug at least you can share it with the panel !!!!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2008, 17:32:57 »

Good luck .. you shouldn't need it ... :)

Hope you feel better, as previously said .. lots of fluids and a couple of asprin every 6 hours will help alleviate the symptoms

:y :y :y

Or paracetamol......if your allergic to aspirin as i am.....

Best of luck tomorrow  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2008, 17:40:20 »

Or if you have a high temperature.......as i did earlier on in the year....the way to get rid off is to sweat it out.....try going to bed early tonight with 2 duvets on the bed if poss or lots of blankets......keep bedroom window shut and leave the heating on in the bedroom all night........drink plenty of water during the night......i was getting up every couple of hours to change my tshirt (absolutely ringing wet each time) but by morning my temp had come right down  :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2008, 17:41:59 »

All the best for tomorrow James and I hope you feel much better.  The one good thing is that if you go to the interview when you are obviously ill, they will note your commitment and determination to secure the position.  Also the fact you are groggy will give you a good excuss if you drop a clanger during the interview. ;)

I know as an interviewer I appreciated greatly anyone who still attended the interview when ill, just as long as they didn't pass the lergie to me! :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2008, 17:53:58 »

try taking some dyhralite sachets, puts back lost fluid to the body, they work for me and brill for hangovers too. hope you feel better and all goes well tomorrow james.  :y

richie

Yes but make sure you take LOTS of fluids with them unless you like putting strain on your kidneys  :y

HolyCount

« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2008, 18:11:44 »

All the best for tomorrow James and I hope you feel much better.  The one good thing is that if you go to the interview when you are obviously ill, they will note your commitment and determination to secure the position.  Also the fact you are groggy will give you a good excuss if you drop a clanger during the interview. ;)

I know as an interviewer I appreciated greatly anyone who still attended the interview when ill, just as long as they didn't pass the lergie to me! :y

At least you won't have done what I did a few years back ..... on the way to an interview I popped into Sainsbury's to buy some bits n bobs. As I was reversing out of my space an MG Midget tried to squeeze past .... but didn't make it. I didn't see it and we collided. Anyway, exchanged details and went on our merry way.

Guess who was chairing the interview panel ?????  Yep -- the MG driver !!!!  I was offered the job too !!

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2008, 18:24:00 »

At least you won't have done what I did a few years back ..... on the way to an interview I popped into Sainsbury's to buy some bits n bobs. As I was reversing out of my space an MG Midget tried to squeeze past .... but didn't make it. I didn't see it and we collided. Anyway, exchanged details and went on our merry way.

Guess who was chairing the interview panel ?????  Yep -- the MG driver !!!!  I was offered the job too !!

Thats rather hilarious  :y   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.