Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: begining of the end...  (Read 1909 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
begining of the end...
« on: 16 May 2007, 22:08:09 »

Well had my last exam on Tuesday, and they all went very well. Last one was my best exam paper ever, really nailed each question.

This Friday I have my final project presentation, should get the grade for that soon. Then its off to Made in Brunel in June, my project  has been chosen to showcase there.

Some big companies go to it, someone last year got a job offered at Saatchi and Saatchi. My project will also appear in the Made in Brunel book which is nice, then thats it!

I shall be no longer be a student bum!  :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: begining of the end...
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2007, 22:09:38 »

You won't like working for a living.... ;)

Seriously, sounds like it went well, and good luck with the exhibition :y
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2007, 22:12:59 »

My boss is visiting Brunel next week, probably talking about our software again, see if you can see the seminar!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2007, 22:17:07 »

My boss is visiting Brunel next week, probably talking about our software again, see if you can see the seminar!

Is that on Monday? - There is a recruitment thingy i am going to on Monday....

Bit of advice for your boss traffic around here is a nightmare, either get in very early or later, avoid rush hour.

Cheers for replys guys, yup went well on all of them really, got a solid 2:1 i think... maybe edging a first have to see what the project grade is like  :)

Not this weekend but next off to Lake District with some mates, so next week need to get the Senny purring.

Left it still here for about 4 weeks, started first time which was nice. Although the front tyre had gone to 11psi!  :o - Might need to change them front tyres before the run to Lake's i think...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2007, 22:19:17 »

Bit of advice for your boss traffic around here is a nightmare, either get in very early or later, avoid rush hour.

Cheers for replys guys, yup went well on all of them really, got a solid 2:1 i think... maybe edging a first have to see what the project grade is like  :)

Not this weekend but next off to Lake District with some mates, so next week need to get the Senny purring.

Left it still here for about 4 weeks, started first time which was nice. Although the front tyre had gone to 11psi!  :o - Might need to change them front tyres before the run to Lake's i think...
And your dad will be please, with all that money staying in his wallet ;)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2007, 22:22:04 »

And your dad will be please, with all that money staying in his wallet ;)

Ohhh yes he will be super pleased come July:

No paying my rent here, and a huge, huge chunk of the mortgage will have been paid off. So he will be happy bunny, plus I am clearing off around Europe for 2 months so he won't have to feed me either! He will be rolling in it!  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2007, 22:24:34 »

Nah, he will blow a load of cash bailing you out of some Dutch prison, just because you thought everything was legal in Amsterdam....
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2007, 22:25:51 »

Nah, he will blow a load of cash bailing you out of some Dutch prison, just because you thought everything was legal in Amsterdam....

::) ::)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2007, 22:26:46 »

;D ;D
I like red cars

Martin_1962

« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2007, 22:41:48 »

I'll find out tomorrow

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2007, 22:46:26 »

Cant you find a bit of research to do and stretch it into a nice relaxed PhD? Seems a shame to let your lay-about skills go to waste. ;)

I know someone in Nottingham looking for someone to do a bit of s/w development for a GPS application, its tied in with Nottingham Uni...poss PhD

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2007, 23:19:38 »

Cool... I too am not looking forward to joining the working masses, student life is teh b0mb :D I've got a little longer to go yet, but the end is drawing depressingly near!

No worries though I'll still be a party animal even when I do finally lose the student status  :y

Enjoy your free time while you still can ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2007, 23:46:56 »

Well done. Once the exams are over with the worst is behind you. Hope the results turn out well.

Now grab a beer.  :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nickbat

« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2007, 00:10:46 »

I shall be no longer be a student bum!  :'(

Take away the student and what are you left with?  ;D

Good luck, Tunnie  :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2007, 09:49:57 »

Cool... I too am not looking forward to joining the working masses, student life is teh b0mb :D I've got a little longer to go yet, but the end is drawing depressingly near!

No worries though I'll still be a party animal even when I do finally lose the student status  :y

Enjoy your free time while you still can ;)

How does a student afford an 840?

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2007, 09:51:06 »

students are loaded  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2007, 10:06:00 »

you see on TV students complaining they can't afford to go ect.... its all 'dangle berries' really.

My dad pays my rent here, which is a big help. But even so if i had to pay it i would still have money spare, i pay the bills and everything else.

Loans these days are technically based on what your parents earn, now my dad is fairly well off, so no tuition fee support for me. My mate got his fee's payed for! My dad had to pay mine. Which were £1,100 at the time per year, now thats to the goverment they are over £3,000 per year!

I went for non-income assessed payments, meant i got just under 4k per year in a loan. I got paid 1.4k at xmas, still got loads left. Its cause most students blow it on beer and nights out ect, which is not really me.

There is a nightclub at Brunel, but I have been there about 3 times in the 4 years i have been here! - I generally don't like clubbing that might change though when the new smoking ban comes in.....  :)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 May 2007, 10:06:57 »

Well done Tunnie :y :y

Now you'll have to start getting up in the MORNING!! ;) ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 May 2007, 10:08:53 »

Well done Tunnie :y :y

Now you'll have to start getting up in the MORNING!! ;) ;D

Actually cause of revision its been up at 7, bed at 11 every day for about a Month, tuesday night was the first night in a while when i had to set no alarm!  :D

Cheers guys  :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.